• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Champeenship Week Random Games and Observations

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet here you are shitting your stupid Minnesota schtick all over another thread.....I blame @JohnShadows . He typed peen in the thread title and you rushed in like a moth to a flame.
It will be nice after Cincy moves to a real conf finally. Bout time. Sucks when no one wants you. They got desperate and settled.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you say that?

UMn vb is being picked right now as a favorite to make the FF in vb, with it's best players being a Sophomore and a Frosh.

Women's team beat PSU last night with FOUR frosh and a sophomore as the 5 starters. The frosh are a fab 4 top ten recruiting class.
Maybe vb but not basketball

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe vb but not basketball
And why not bb?

With a starting lineup of 4 frosh and a sophomore they beat Top 50 rated, 7-1 going into the game, PSU.

Imagine what they will be capable of in 2 more years with more experience and additional recruiting classes adding to their depth and talent level.

Watch to see where Sophie Hart ends up. She's in the portal, she's a Mn native, UMn needs help most on the inside, so she'd get playing time here.

Next year's incoming class isn't top 10 like this year's was, but it's still a good class and should add both depth and talent. With some success HOFer Whalen should be able to, for the most part, lock up the borders and stop the trend of most of the best instate talent leaving. Players like Paige Bueckers(sp?), for example.

Seems UConn isn't the unbeatable force they used to be.

Looking at the rankings I see THREE BIG teams are undefeated and ranked Top Ten in the Massey Ratings. 2 are TOP 4 in the AP, so don't tell me a B1G program can't rise to the top.

UMn made Final Four with Whalen leading them.

Minnesota, as a state, has produced some very high quality women's bb players, why won't it continue to? And Whalen has proven she can also get good out of state talent, too.

They are 5-3 so far. Their worst loss was the game their leading scorer sat out.

Losing to 10-0 Virginia with a Frosh dominated starting lineup is hardly evidence backing up your opinion.

Their other loss was a close loss to 6-3 WF.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why not bb?

With a starting lineup of 4 frosh and a sophomore they beat Top 50 rated, 7-1 going into the game, PSU.

Imagine what they will be capable of in 2 more years with more experience and additional recruiting classes adding to their depth and talent level.

Watch to see where Sophie Hart ends up. She's in the portal, she's a Mn native, UMn needs help most on the inside, so she'd get playing time here.

Next year's incoming class isn't top 10 like this year's was, but it's still a good class and should add both depth and talent. With some success HOFer Whalen should be able to, for the most part, lock up the borders and stop the trend of most of the best instate talent leaving. Players like Paige Bueckers(sp?), for example.

Seems UConn isn't the unbeatable force they used to be.

Looking at the rankings I see THREE BIG teams are undefeated and ranked Top Ten in the Massey Ratings. 2 are TOP 4 in the AP, so don't tell me a B1G program can't rise to the top.

UMn made Final Four with Whalen leading them.

Minnesota, as a state, has produced some very high quality women's bb players, why won't it continue to? And Whalen has proven she can also get good out of state talent, too.

They are 5-3 so far. Their worst loss was the game their leading scorer sat out.

Losing to 10-0 Virginia with a Frosh dominated starting lineup is hardly evidence backing up your opinion.

Their other loss was a close loss to 6-3 WF.
Get back to me when they maintain some sort of relevance.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when they maintain some sort of relevance.
2 Gopher's on 3 occasions already this season have won Frosh of the week.

4 of their top 6 scorers are Frosh, the other 2 are sophomores.

2 sitting out the year with injuries are a Frosh and a Sophomore.

This team's future is very bright.

Reminds me of both the 1987 Gopher men's team and Whalen's first season.

The 1989 men's team came one last second missed 3 pt shot away from the Final Four and the women's team made the Final Four her senior year.

Last year, BEFORE this frosh fab four top ten rated class could be measured in actual games, I could understand your skepticism. But minus one of them, the remaining 3 frosh account for over 60% of UMn's scoring so far. Throw in the redshirt frosh and the sophomore and it's 85%.

Braun is averaging over 25 pts a game in the 3 games played against P5 teams and is a 2 time B1G FOTW. Overall she's #19 nationally in scoring.

Amaya Battle, whose brother was UMn's leading scorer last year, fills up the stat sheet every game.

Heyer is the #2 scorer on the team and has also won FOTW.

Basically, this top ten rated class IS delivering on the promise their being rated top ten gave fans.

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun, overall is #19 nationally in scoring, and #2 among frosh, and her avg against P5 teams would have her #1 among frosh, NATIONALLY and Top 5 overall.

I'd say that is pretty relevant.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaya Battle leads the B1G frosh in apg.

Their most relevant game of the year, vs Top 50 PSU, this was their stats...

Frosh - 76 pts - 22 rbs - 15 assts - 9 steals.
Soph - 12 pts - 5 rds.

Last edited:

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun, overall is #19 nationally in scoring, and #2 among frosh, and her avg against P5 teams would have her #1 among frosh, NATIONALLY and Top 5 overall.

I'd say that is pretty relevant.
Oh you talking the women’s teams, lol. Got it

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you talking the women’s teams, lol. Got it
I wondered if you weren't thinking I was talking the men's team, lol

No, the men's team has potential, but that potential could just as easily be to be a flop as it has of rising up. One Top 30 recruit means nothing in men's cbb if the coach can't coach or can't get multiple high ranked recruits to join that player year after year. UMn's men's bb team will be very lucky to make the NIT tournament this year and will get no where near the NCAA tournament and who knows if the coach can get the good players to return next year or not?