• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP Semifinal Oklahoma vs Alabama 8pm ET ESPN

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but he threw the ball 37 fucking times and completed 19 of them. Tua had better numbers and won the game and yet all they could get off to was Murray and his "heart"
Kinda what I was eluding to, the midget played shit teams and benefited greatly from it. A system QB in a bad conference receives big time individual awards in most cases.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda what I was eluding to, the midget played shit teams and benefited greatly from it. A system QB in a bad conference receives big time individual awards in most cases.
Yeah well if they wanna drool over sunshine these next 8 days I'd be okay with that

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Bama doesn't have a history of being tossed aside. Sure, we've had a few years with more losses than wins but not many.

How does it feel to be the yearly chosen ones by the media only to fail at the end of the year. Year. After. Year.
Bama was pretty 'irrelevant' for a lot of the 90s and 2000's right before Saban.

Yearly chosen ones by the media? lmao

You must not follow too much or hard. Much of the media luvs to hate on the small, private & 'entitled' Catholic school. Haters just luv to hate … I've come to that revelation of being an ND fan of 50 yrs, but I'll stick to my point about you casting stones. It's funny, now that you got a Saban that's rescued yall from the depths of despair. ND is no toss-off like you're claiming.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that Murray is simply a system guy but he was throwing off his back foot almost all game. That shit isn't going to fly in the NFL and he needs to go play baseball

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama was pretty 'irrelevant' for a lot of the 90s and 2000's right before Saban.

Yearly chosen ones by the media? lmao

You must not follow too much or hard. Much of the media luvs to hate on the small, private & 'entitled' Catholic school. Haters just luv to hate … I've come to that revelation of being an ND fan of 50 yrs, but I'll stick to my point about you casting stones. It's funny, now that you got a Saban that's rescued yall from the depths of despair. ND is no toss-off like you're claiming.

Not really. We had the "dark ages" from 2000-2007, but other than that we've been pretty relevant.

Very rough 7 years though, everyone pretty much counted us as a program of the past.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, have some fucking self respect.

:L
Nice you left off their NC of '88.

I was responding to the dude's nonsense IRT Bama's years of 'irrelevancy' … trying to show him that pre-Saban, Bama was in same boat as ND for the most part.

Keep :cheer2: tho … ND is no longer irrelevant like some would just love to believe.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. We had the "dark ages" from 2000-2007, but other than that we've been pretty relevant.

Very rough 7 years though, everyone pretty much counted us as a program of the past.
My original point to your fellow fan stands, White Knight.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice you left off their NC of '88.

I was responding to the dude's nonsense IRT Bama's years of 'irrelevancy' … trying to show him that pre-Saban, Bama was in same boat as ND for the most part.

Keep :cheer2: tho … ND is no longer irrelevant like some would just love to believe.

I was talking about naming years where you got embarrassed and seen as extremely over-rated in the post season.

And sorry, but you aren't relevant, and you might have a hard time making it into the playoffs in the future if you don't join a conference soon after the shit show you've put on the 2 years you've mentioned.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about naming years where you got embarrassed and seen as extremely over-rated in the post season.

And sorry, but you aren't relevant, and you might have a hard time making it into the playoffs in the future if you don't join a conference soon after the shit show you've put on the 2 years you've mentioned.
12-0 is 12-0 … #3 CFP is what it is.

We ran into a buzz saw in a very, very good Clemson team after losing three key D players within minutes. It is what it is. ND is back on the national stage … your conference argument is pretty much irrelevant as long as we keep FCS schools from our sked and play a very competitive schedule year in & year out.

The committee can continue to sort it all out … much to manys' chagrins.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-0 is 12-0 … #3 CFP is what it is.

We ran into a buzz saw in a very, very good Clemson team after losing three key D players within minutes. It is what it is. ND is back on the national stage … your conference argument is pretty much irrelevant as long as we keep FCS schools from our sked and play a very competitive schedule year in & year out.

The committee can continue to sort it all out … much to manys' chagrins.

If today didn't show you the truth, then you're just a fucking idiot.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If today didn't show you the truth, then you're just a fucking idiot.
Has Bama ever been embarrassed in a big game?

Clemson is a much more talented team … as is Bama.

I've said this most of the season … there's Bama, then there's a Clemson … then there's meh beneath that for the most part.

ND took care of their schedule and went undefeated and convinced the committee to rank them #3. You gotta prob with that … email them and wank. I'll just take it for what it's worth that ND has proven relevant again.

You don't like that. Sorry … but I bet you don't miss them days w/o Lord Saban, huh? It wasn't that long ago when Bama was a nobody that peeps laughed at in 'big games'.

Stones & glass houses. They're fun when you're #1 with a Saban at the helm. Just remember that doesn't last forever and karma can be a real whore.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Bama ever been embarrassed in a big game?

Clemson is a much more talented team … as is Bama.

I've said this most of the season … there's Bama, then there's a Clemson … then there's meh beneath that for the most part.

ND took care of their schedule and went undefeated and convinced the committee to rank them #3. You gotta prob with that … email them and wank. I'll just take it for what it's worth that ND has proven relevant again.

You don't like that. Sorry … but I bet you don't miss them days w/o Lord Saban, huh? It wasn't that long ago when Bama was a nobody that peeps laughed at in 'big games'.

Stones & glass houses. They're fun when you're #1 with a Saban at the helm. Just remember that doesn't last forever and karma can be a real whore.

If Alabama were to get embarrassed in such games, I sure as hell won't be lining them out as being great things for us.

That's kind of the real point here.

In the years you mentioned, I was happy with Shula simply because he didn't embarrass us off the field and I sure as hell wasn't trying to pretend like Alabama was all that.

Even after Alabama went 12-2 in 2008 I didn't think we were going to be all that in 2009. It's only now, after making the playoffs many years in a row that I kind of sit back a little and think Alabama is gonna be good next year and will compete at the highest level.

I never once was thinking "Fuck yeah, we just lost to Florida and Utah, things are going great!"

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alabama were to get embarrassed in such games, I sure as hell won't be lining them out as being great things for us.

That's kind of the real point here.

In the years you mentioned, I was happy with Shula simply because he didn't embarrass us off the field and I sure as hell wasn't trying to pretend like Alabama was all that.

Even after Alabama went 12-2 in 2008 I didn't think we were going to be all that in 2009. It's only now, after making the playoffs many years in a row that I kind of sit back a little and think Alabama is gonna be good next year and will compete at the highest level.

I never once was thinking "Fuck yeah, we just lost to Florida and Utah, things are going great!"
And my original point was responding to your fellow fans' comment … it was pretty absurd in light of the facts & context in the pragmatic world of things.

I've never touted ND as some powerhouse, either. It just so happens we had a very (and unexpectly) great season by taking care of biz and earning the #3 ranking. Again … wank at the CFB committee.

And again … I don't think there were many of us not under any illusion/allusion that there was a Bama this year … followed by a Clemson … then anybody/everybody after that. Just so happens ND shook out at #3.

We got crushed tonite by a superior team that I didn't think we had much of a chance at beating. We hung with them as long as we could until we lost some very key players.

Kelly is lackluster in big-time game … especially with making in-game adjustments - that's what his history has proven and that was his own damn fault … until last season when he had his 'epiphany', if you will. He got rid of his coaching staff of his own 'loyalties', made his own personal adjustment and let his coaches call the shots, instead of him trying to do everything. Worked out pretty well in the long scheme of things with our season this year.

We're losing a butt ton of D starters after this year, so I'm not expecting near a good a season next year. It's gonna be interesting. But, you'll never see me crowing & caterwauling like so many of the other homers in this forum. I know how quickly things can change, have had to dealt with haters for decades and realize nothing lasts forever.

I'm elated with the season Kelly managed to pull out and I'll not be ashamed of our showing in one game against a beast of a team.

The two best, IMO, are in the NCG … again. I just wish it were different. It's tiring seeing the same teams in the Big Game, year in & year out, but I'll respect the process and the teams that manage to get there.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama could've ran the ball all game long and won with a double-digit margin. Bama could've let Tua throw the ball 50 times and won with a double-digit margin. Sooners were immediately punched in the mouth and didn't know how to handle it. How the fuck was #75 not tossed out of the game for a 2nd personal foul?

Some uncharacteristic penalties and a special teams blunder from the Tide. All Saban needs to light into his guys over the next week. Clemson should be a battle but that dog fight Bama had against Georgia in the SEC title game gives them the edge. The Tide took a lot from that game. A lot of lessons learned and a much, much tougher mettle.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my original point was responding to your fellow fans' comment … it was pretty absurd in light of the facts & context in the pragmatic world of things.

I've never touted ND as some powerhouse, either. It just so happens we had a very (and unexpectly) great season by taking care of biz and earning the #3 ranking. Again … wank at the CFB committee.

And again … I don't think there were many of us not under any illusion/allusion that there was a Bama this year … followed by a Clemson … then anybody/everybody after that. Just so happens ND shook out at #3.

We got crushed tonite by a superior team that I didn't think we had much of a chance at beating. We hung with them as long as we could until we lost some very key players.

Kelly is lackluster in big-time game … especially with making in-game adjustments - that's what his history has proven and that was his own damn fault … until last season when he had his 'epiphany', if you will. He got rid of his coaching staff of his own 'loyalties', made his own personal adjustment and let his coaches call the shots, instead of him trying to do everything. Worked out pretty well in the long scheme of things with our season this year.

We're losing a butt ton of D starters after this year, so I'm not expecting near a good a season next year. It's gonna be interesting. But, you'll never see me crowing & caterwauling like so many of the other homers in this forum. I know how quickly things can change, have had to dealt with haters for decades and realize nothing lasts forever.

I'm elated with the season Kelly managed to pull out and I'll not be ashamed of our showing in one game against a beast of a team.

The two best, IMO, are in the NCG … again. I just wish it were different. It's tiring seeing the same teams in the Big Game, year in & year out, but I'll respect the process and the teams that manage to get there.

You were merely saying they were relevant. Which they are. The Buffalo Bills were relevant back in the 90's.

I do agree however consistent failures at this level can haunt a school. It took OSU a while to shake off the stench of back to back championship losses. Notre Dame has to find a way to win a big postseason game

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were merely saying they were relevant. Which they are. The Buffalo Bills were relevant back in the 90's.

I do agree however consistent failures at this level can haunt a school. It took OSU a while to shake off the stench of back to back championship losses. Notre Dame has to find a way to win a big postseason game
Yes, I was responding, originally, to an absurd comment.

I've long held BK to the fire for pissing down his leg in big-time games under the bright lights. He's had some tough breaks and really, really good teams to face. I hope these are learning experiences, as most coaches go thru, and he takes them onboard.

I never expected to see ND wind up where they wound up this year. I'm beyond satisfied with what Kelly was able to put together this year and I'll let it go at that.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely didn't like the game BK coached tonight but with how Book played it probably didn't matter