• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP SEMIFINAL: Clemson (13-0) vs Ohio State (13-0) 8pm ET ESPN

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never suggested the calls were right. The reversal of the fumble/run back for TD was pretty stupid.

This is a common story in many games and at both the college and pro levels. Bad calls, missed calls happen. OSU still had a chance to win and either the WR blew the route or the QB wasn't on the same page for some reason. It was a self inflicted wound that ended it. That's a bigger story here.
Not really mutually exclusive though. Sure, they had a chance to win after those calls, but also fair to think game goes differently if no reversal on the calls.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Seek therapy for your mental issues.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just going to ignore what both of us just posted as the rules and try and say it wasn't a fumble despite the rules saying it was?

Let me ask you this: If the Clemson player was in the end zone and possessed the ball without bobbling it, and took three steps before going out of bounds, is it not a TD? Of course it is.

Stop being an idiot.

The part that you are HAPPILY skipping over is that the WR did not avoid or ward off the DB. The DB broke up the pass, this play is the very definition of the rule this year. The replay official got this play correct.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that you are HAPPILY skipping over is that the WR did not avoid or ward off the DB. The DB broke up the pass, this play is the very definition of the rule this year. The replay official got this play correct.
That would make sense if it happened as soon as the ball got there. He literally took 4 steps with the ball securely in his grasp without even slightly bobbling it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seek therapy for your mental issues.
You provide data/rues that proves your own point to be incorrect and he has mental issues?

If you just said, "ok, you might be right, clearly 3 steps forward is ADVANCING the ball. My bad" what would happen to you?

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clemson player was in the end zone and possessed the ball without bobbling it, and took three steps before going out of bounds, is it not a TD? Simple question. As it was, where he never bobbled it, held it firm in both hands and took 3-4 steps, is it not a TD?

In your scenario does the Clemson player avoid or ward of the DB? It’s right their in black and white. If the WR would have done that then it would have been a fumble.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your scenario does the Clemson player avoid or ward of the DB? It’s right their in black and white. If the WR would have done that then it would have been a fumble.
What would you call taking 4 steps in the direction away from the DB?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right it's in black and white. Per the rule posted by across and MJ fan all aspects for a catch are made.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i didn't make a mistake. i'm saying for you to "sue me" if you have such a problem with my comment.
Okay if you say that you have never made a mistake on the Hoopa, then let's let it go at that. By the way you were the one that had a problem with my comment #914.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make sense if it happened as soon as the ball got there. He literally took 4 steps with the ball securely in his grasp without even slightly bobbling it.
No he did not take 4 steps after securing the ball. The rule is clear, you must fulfill all steps, not just the first one of the rule. The steps are not the defining measure, the football move is. On that play the football move would have been warding off the DB and that did not happen, hence the reason it was over turned