• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP + New Year's 6 Bowl Projections (Post Week 7)

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peach Bowl: (1) Alabama vs. (4) Oklahoma
Fiesta Bowl: (2) Ohio State vs. (3) Clemson

Cotton Bowl: LSU vs. Boise State
Orange Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest
Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Texas

Reminder of the Tie-Ins
Rose: BigTen vs. PAC-12
Sugar: SEC vs. BigXII
Orange: ACC vs. BigTen OR SEC OR Notre Dame
Cotton: no tie-in

Every year the G5 team is forced to go to the Peach, Fiesta, or Cotton. Since the Peach and Fiesta are the semifinals, that means they are going to the Cotton.

What happened this week:
Georgia faceplanted against SCAR, knocking them out of the NY6 picture for now. They have enough tough games remaining that it's hard to see them escaping the rest of their schedule with only 1 more loss.

Notre Dame escaped against USC, strengthening their chances at a NY6 bid. A 1-2 loss Notre Dame team is a virtual lock for the Orange Bowl.

Florida lost, but looked good against LSU; enough so that they are now projected to defeat UGA when the WLOCP rolls around.

Oregon has a 2-game lead in the PAC-12 North, meaning even a loss to UW next week still has them in the driver's seat to win the division.

Note: If not for the LSU vs. Texas regular-season matchup, that would have been the Sugar Bowl game. Since they play in the regular season, LSU was shuffled over to the Cotton (BigXII team is locked into the Sugar).

As always, feel free to comment on the above projections, or better yet...post your own.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peach Bowl: (1) Alabama vs. (4) Oklahoma
Fiesta Bowl: (2) Ohio State vs. (3) Clemson

Orange Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest

Reminder of the Tie-Ins
Rose: BigTen vs. PAC-12
Sugar: SEC vs. BigXII
Orange: ACC vs. BigTen OR SEC OR Notre Dame
Cotton: no tie-in

Every year the G5 team is forced to go to the Peach, Fiesta, or Cotton. Since the Peach and Fiesta are the semifinals, that means they are going to the Cotton.
Wake Forest is not going to a NY6 Bowl Game. It was silly to put them in to begin with, and they're definitely not going now.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if every ACC team except Clemson has at least 3 losses can the ACC be dropped from a NY6 if Clemson is in the playoff?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if every ACC team except Clemson has at least 3 losses can the ACC be dropped from a NY6 if Clemson is in the playoff?

Nope, the tie-in means the ACC is contractually guaranteed to be in there. Even if every ACC team besides Clemson had 5 losses, they would have to put one in.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peach Bowl: (1) Ohio State vs. (4) Oklahoma
Fiesta Bowl: (2) Alabama vs. (3) Clemson

Orange Bowl: Penn State vs. ?

* I'm not comfortable putting any ACC team in the orange bowl. Leaving that as a question mark.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, the tie-in means the ACC is contractually guaranteed to be in there. Even if every ACC team besides Clemson had 5 losses, they would have to put one in.

Gotcha, I’d think now it’s Louisville, but them and wake still have to play Clemson. I’m not sold on UVA or Duke ending with less than 3 losses.

But it’s a crap shoot right now.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peach Bowl: (1) Ohio State vs. (4) Oklahoma
Fiesta Bowl: (2) Alabama vs. (3) Clemson

Orange Bowl: Penn State vs. ?

* I'm not comfortable putting any ACC team in the orange bowl. Leaving that as a question mark.

TBH, I feel the same way...but I know that they have to select one so I tried to pick the one with the best current record.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha, I’d think now it’s Louisville, but them and wake still have to play Clemson. I’m not sold on UVA or Duke ending with less than 3 losses.

Louisville? Smh. Oh Jesus.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville? Smh. Oh Jesus.

Honestly if they didn’t have that mandated ND game they prolly have a scrub in there and have the same overall record as wake. Which would give them a great chance to get it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if they didn’t have that mandated ND game they prolly have a scrub in there and have the same overall record as wake. Which would give them a great chance to get it.

Quite possibly. If Louisville can survive with only 1 additional loss (Clemson) then I think the spot is theirs. I just don't have faith in them beating ALL of Virginia, Miami, Kentucky, NC State and Syracuse.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly. If Louisville can survive with only 1 additional loss (Clemson) then I think the spot is theirs. I just don't have faith in them beating ALL of Virginia, Miami, Kentucky, NC State and Syracuse.

NCState is awful, trust me. But yeah, they’ll probably lose 1+ to the rest.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the formula to this point I get putting Wake in there. However, I don't think they have a 2% chance of being there in 6 weeks. You just have to look at who they have played to this point and the margins and the rest of their schedule. I'm happy for Wake to this point but odds are they finish at best 8-4 and unranked.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the formula to this point I get putting Wake in there. However, I don't think they have a 2% chance of being there in 6 weeks. You just have to look at who they have played to this point and the margins and the rest of their schedule. I'm happy for Wake to this point but odds are they finish at best 8-4 and unranked.

Pretty decent chance the ACC rep in the Orange Bowl is unranked.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Duke Football. I'd love to see them win out, finish (10-2) and go to the Orange Bowl!

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Duke Football. I'd love to see them win out, finish (10-2) and go to the Orange Bowl!

That would be pretty amazing, especially with a win over ND and then a win over Clemson in the ACCCG.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be pretty amazing, especially with a win over ND and then a win over Clemson in the ACCCG.
Oops! I was only thinking about the Regular Season. I think they can beat ND in Wallace Wade Outdoor Stadium, but I don't think they can beat Clemson in the ACC CG, so they could be 10-3 and head to the Orange Bowl with Clemson in the Playoff.