• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS: "We asked to interview Tiger but he declined our request"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What goes around, comes around. He's going to richly deserve everything he gets. Hopefully before he dies he'll learn a modicum of humility and respect for others. Til then, fuck that piece of shit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger was unreal at 21 also.

What I'm saying is, let's see if Jordan can catch up to Tiger. He's got a long ass ways to go.
Tiger could never catch up to Nicklaus.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What goes around, comes around. He's going to richly deserve everything he gets. Hopefully before he dies he'll learn a modicum of humility and respect for others. Til then, fuck that piece of shit.
If Tiger put as much effort into his golf game as he did banging pron stars and snubbing his fans he might have accomplished more.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tiger put as much effort into his golf game as he did banging pron stars and snubbing his fans he might have accomplished more.

The illicit drug abuse was his main downfall. He thought he was good enough to dabble and control it but it got the best of him as it has much better people than him. Hopefully he can humble himself and get help and salvage his relationships.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said....."dominate."

Speith has managed to squeak out a couple Majors and almost won another this year which is amazing. But I want to see someone winning by landslide numbers again.

lol ..Come on Jack ...nobody really wants that.

Even if it's your favorite golfer. If a player is up by 7 at the 12th hole, the power company gets a power spike from all the viewers changing the channel at the same time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ..Come on Jack ...nobody really wants that.

Even if it's your favorite golfer. If a player is up by 7 at the 12th hole, the power company gets a power spike from all the viewers changing the channel at the same time.

Except when it's Tiger. Then people can't help but watch.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is undeniable that he was putting better this past weekend than he's putted in years.

That's what made him great in the past. He also hit some drives that were unreal.
Every pro golfer can putt well for a day or two. There was a time when there was no one in the world I would rather have putt a 10 footer for me if my life depended on it. Now I'm not even confident in his 3-footers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said....."dominate."

Speith has managed to squeak out a couple Majors and almost won another this year which is amazing. But I want to see someone winning by landslide numbers again.
Not me; that's boring. I must say though I enjoyed watching McIlroy blow away the field in a couple of his Majors, but that was only because I could relax and enjoy the tournament because I knew Woods would not win.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spieth is only 21 and Tiger is a burned out 39.

Given the state of the game & the amt of current & projected future talent in the PGA - I think it is safe to assume that nobody will surpass 88 PGA wins - even Spieth. Also - you never know how success & other factors might impact some of the younger players down the road. After all - nobody saw some of things that eventually occurred with Tiger coming when he was younger. Unexpected things could quite possibly happen to a lot of the current younger players.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the state of the game & the amt of current & projected future talent in the PGA - I think it is safe to assume that nobody will surpass 88 PGA wins - even Spieth. Also - you never know how success & other factors might impact some of the younger players down the road. After all - nobody saw some of things that eventually occurred with Tiger coming when he was younger. Unexpected things could quite possibly happen to a lot of the current younger players.
Tiger was fortunate that the field was much weaker when he was winning all those tournaments.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger was fortunate that the field was much weaker when he was winning all those tournaments.

I didn't make the statement as a comment about Tiger. Just stating that surpassing this feat will be very difficult for anyone moving forward.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make the statement as a comment about Tiger. Just stating that surpassing this feat will be very difficult for anyone moving forward.
Of course it will be difficult with all the great young players currently in the PGA. Tiger played against a weaker field in his heyday.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it will be difficult with all the great young players currently in the PGA. Tiger played against a weaker field in his heyday.

LOL - NP - you guys continue to obsess on Tiger - I will just enjoy whoever is playing & appreciate all golfers from all eras.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it many times, I can't stand Tiger .... which is part of the reason I love to make fun of him.

But you will not hear me say he's done. Not even close. The way he is trying to get better is the problem.
He's too tied up in his own view of his swing. He's need's a do it my way or the highway swing coach. Not the lackeys he has now.

Tough to say how close he is. His putting looks good but put him on a slow green and watch his head explode, he hates them. His driving looked better but I'm not sure how much shaping he needed to do last week. That is what he really struggles with. Tiger will always be a threat to win the Masters. He knows the course so well and the course suits all of his strong points. As bad as he is this year, look how well he still played. And that is with soft conditions that Tiger hastes (and he complained about it and so did I.

Here what else I don't understand ....Tournaments Tiger played this year 9. The average golfer on the fed ex cup list about 19. Yea ..he can't play WGC matches but there has to plenty of other events.

I don't understand how playing half as much and everybody else helps his cause. I still get this feeling that we are not getting the full story of what is going on with Tiger.

I think you've poked some fun at the "down" Tiger, (even I have) but have been more than fair.

He sucks relative to the old Tiger, and is just avg right now as tour players go even when he plays well. I think when everyone thinks he's done, maybe he comes back to at least a winning level...but I say the old Tiger is done...for good.

He may find a swing again, to the point where his bad swings are still mostly in play...but the short game and putter are really what made him a special player, and I don't see him getting all of that back to '08 level.

Like you said...for a guy trying to rebuild his game...he's not playing enough events...his rock star schedule of the past ain't gonna cut it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, top to bottom, the fields are deeper than ever now, but there will be 8 or 9 HOF players from his era. Right now...Bubba, Rory, Spieth are probably the best bets from the current era.

Reactions: GNG