• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS: "We asked to interview Tiger but he declined our request"

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do the interview"

Tiger quotes from interview:

"It's a process"
"So what If I have said that every time I play since 2008"
"I hit great shots today"
"why are you asking about the double bogey? ..read my lips, I hit great shots today?"
"I'm right there"
"How can I say that? ...because you don't know what your doing"
"My swing is way too complicated for simpletons to understand"
"My glutes did not activate today"
"It's not my problem if you don't know what that means"
"I'm Tiger, your're not"
"I just need the Reps"
"So what if I play every 3rd event, I'm telling my agent you have been following me"
"I'm Tiger, where are your damn softball questions?"
You're a tool, this interview is over"

Last edited:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to leave Tiger alone. He isn't exactly walking up and down the course giving everyone the finger.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote: Tiger is starting to find his game again. Really putting well now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do the interview"

Tiger quotes from interview:

"It's a process"
"So what If I have said that every time I play since 2008"
"I hit great shots today"
"why are you asking about the double bogey? ..read my lips, I hit great shots today?"
"I'm right there"
"How can I say that? ...because you don't know what your doing"
"My swing is way too complicated for simpletons to understand"
"My glutes did not activate today"
"It's not my problem if you don't know what that means"
"I'm Tiger, your're not"
"I just need the Reps"
"So what if I play every 3rd event, I'm telling my agent you have been following me"
"I'm Tiger, where are your damn softball questions?"
You're a tool, this interview is over"
The one I bolded was my all time favorite

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is undeniable that he was putting better this past weekend than he's putted in years.

That's what made him great in the past. He also hit some drives that were unreal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the media needs to leave him alone... Yes, I get he could be a "story" but move on folks..

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not enough for tiger haters that he's awful

the emptiness is still there for them

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is undeniable that he was putting better this past weekend than he's putted in years.

That's what made him great in the past. He also hit some drives that were unreal.

I have said it many times, I can't stand Tiger .... which is part of the reason I love to make fun of him.

But you will not hear me say he's done. Not even close. The way he is trying to get better is the problem.
He's too tied up in his own view of his swing. He's need's a do it my way or the highway swing coach. Not the lackeys he has now.

Tough to say how close he is. His putting looks good but put him on a slow green and watch his head explode, he hates them. His driving looked better but I'm not sure how much shaping he needed to do last week. That is what he really struggles with. Tiger will always be a threat to win the Masters. He knows the course so well and the course suits all of his strong points. As bad as he is this year, look how well he still played. And that is with soft conditions that Tiger hastes (and he complained about it and so did I.

Here what else I don't understand ....Tournaments Tiger played this year 9. The average golfer on the fed ex cup list about 19. Yea ..he can't play WGC matches but there has to plenty of other events.

I don't understand how playing half as much and everybody else helps his cause. I still get this feeling that we are not getting the full story of what is going on with Tiger.

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not enough for tiger haters that he's awful

the emptiness is still there for them

These days when you look into the golf abyss (or emptiness as you call it) ..this is what is staring back at you.

Jordan keeps us out of the abyss. (emptiness)

Jordan+Spieth+Ryder+Cup+Photo+Call+xA8beuBUOGLl.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it many times, I can't stand Tiger .... which is part of the reason I love to make fun of him.

But you will not hear me say he's done. Not even close. The way he is trying to get better is the problem.
He's too tied up in his own view of his swing. He's need's a do it my way or the highway swing coach. Not the lackeys he has now.

Tough to say how close he is. His putting looks good but put him on a slow green and watch his head explode, he hates them. His driving looked better but I'm not sure how much shaping he needed to do last week. That is what he really struggles with.

Here what else I don't understand ....Tournaments Tiger played this year 9. The average golfer on the fed ex cup list about 19. Yea ..he can't play WGC matches but there has to plenty of other events.

I don't understand how playing half as much and everybody else helps his cause. I still get this feeling that we are not getting the full story of what is going on with Tiger.

I agree with everything actually.

Only difference between you and me is that I actually do like him. I get that he's the bad guy in most eyes and all that, but he's Michael Jordan to me. I just love seeing him dominate. It's such a good thing for golf. Jordan Speith is awesome, but he doesn't dominate the way Tiger did and because of that he isn't going to have as big of an impact on golfers of all ages.

I'd love to see anyone dominate again......I just don't believe anyone has it in them except Tiger.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These days when you look into the golf abyss (or emptiness as you call it)

it's not a golf abyss. it's all in you and your ilk.

i pity you, truly.

for golf fans, there's a bright future in spieth and many others.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not a golf abyss. it's all in you and your ilk.

i pity you, truly.

for golf fans, there's a bright future in spieth and many others.

The people who you are confusing me with who hate Tiger allow their personnel opinion to distort reality about who Tiger was or is on the golf course.
Even though I can't stand Tiger he would make my top 10 of the greatest sports figures of all time.
I will also admit I will probably go to my grave never seeing another golfer dominate the way he did.

I have also admitted a number of times I don't believe for a second Tiger is done.
My issues with Tiger have nothing to do with that crap with his wife and the cheating.

I don't like Tiger because he's pretty much a prick. That is the short answer. (it is a longer story)
*Not liking a guy is a right.
*Allowing your hated to distort reality is not.

Try and do a little home work first before you make unfounded accusations. Life goes a lot smoother that way.

Reactions: gb2

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything actually.

Only difference between you and me is that I actually do like him. I get that he's the bad guy in most eyes and all that, but he's Michael Jordan to me. I just love seeing him dominate. It's such a good thing for golf. Jordan Speith is awesome, but he doesn't dominate the way Tiger did and because of that he isn't going to have as big of an impact on golfers of all ages.

I'd love to see anyone dominate again......I just don't believe anyone has it in them except Tiger.

It probably will go down as one the greatest if not the greatest impact that one player did for a single sport.

But I always like to point out, the networks, the players and the PGA tour were the greatest benefactors of the Tiger era. The fans got great entertainment. But as golf took off you saw greens fee's get higher, course got more crowded. At least this is what I witnessed first hand.

Tiger got a lot of kids playing the game and that is great. But the breakdown of who benefited: 10% fans, 90% everybody else.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never heard of Jordan Spieth?

Like I said....."dominate."

Speith has managed to squeak out a couple Majors and almost won another this year which is amazing. But I want to see someone winning by landslide numbers again.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said....."dominate."

Speith has managed to squeak out a couple Majors and almost won another this year which is amazing. But I want to see someone winning by landslide numbers again.
Tiger only won a few majors by landslide numbers.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger only won a few majors by landslide numbers.

Alright....well he's won what, 88 out of 300 and some odd tournaments he's played in?

I'm a big Speith fan, but let's see if he can continue winning for 10 more years.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright....well he's won what, 88 out of 300 and some odd tournaments he's played in?

I'm a big Speith fan, but let's see if he can continue winning for 10 more years.

Spieth is only 21 and Tiger is a burned out 39.