• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB's learning how to backpedal

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much tells you they will not be pressing the line of scimmage...:scratch:

I don't know about that. Just because they want the DBs to backpeddle instead of shuffle it doesn't mean they won't be mixing press and off coverages. This is just the technique they'll use when they are playing off. I wouldn't read too much into it. IMHO it'll really come down to whether or not we have the talent in the secondary that will decide just how aggressive we can be.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Just because they want the DBs to backpeddle instead of shuffle it doesn't mean they won't be mixing press and off coverages. This is just the technique they'll use when they are playing off. I wouldn't read too much into it. IMHO it'll really come down to whether or not we have the talent in the secondary that will decide just how aggressive we can be.

If your pressure are in your heels and not not on the balls of your feet.......just sayin'

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your hips are low to the ground your weight has shifted to mid foot instead of being on the balls of your feet anticpating back pedaling...your not in a shuffle position with the ability to check the reciever hard at the line or optimum blitz posture...not sure if I am going to message this correctly....:L

Your shoulders are parallel to the line unstead of angled horizontal in a read and attack position with a shuffle stance....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your hips are low to the ground your weight has shifted to mid foot instead of being on the balls of your feet anticpating back pedaling...your not in a shuffle position with the ability to check the reciever hard at the line or optimum blitz posture...not sure if I am going to message this correctly....:L

Your shoulders are parallel to the line unstead of angled horizontal in a read and attack position with a shuffle stance....

I think I get what you're trying to see. The thing is, DB's are probably going to use a number of different stances and techniques depending on what they are going to be asked to do on any given play.

If we're going to send a DB off the edge you'll see him start working his way in pre-snap, and in that case he'll have his shoulders angled a bit. And when they jam, they definitely don't want to be turned, they'll want to be square so they can get two hands on the WR, and react to the inside or the outside. The shuffle technique is good for off coverage, so if anything, the fact that the DB's will be back-peddling and playing square tells me that we may be playing more press coverage.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I get what you're trying to see. The thing is, DB's are probably going to use a number of different stances and techniques depending on what they are going to be asked to do on any given play.

If we're going to send a DB off the edge you'll see him start working his way in pre-snap, and in that case he'll have his shoulders angled a bit. And when they jam, they definitely don't want to be turned, they'll want to be square so they can get two hands on the WR, and react to the inside or the outside. The shuffle technique is good for off coverage, so if anything, the fact that the DB's will be back-peddling and playing square tells me that we may be playing more press coverage.

You explained it much better than I did..LOL!....exactly the point I was trying to make..If they are in a shuffle technique they can quickly take away the inside, they also get a easy cheat into the backfield....I played both...I was more of a fan of the shuffle..less worrying about getting my hips around......but I wasn't as skilled as these kids either so I needed the cheat!!

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You explained it much better than I did..LOL!....exactly the point I was trying to make..If they are in a shuffle technique they can quickly take away the inside, they also get a easy cheat into the backfield....I played both...I was more of a fan of the shuffle..less worrying about getting my hips around......but I wasn't as skilled as these kids either so I needed the cheat!!

We teach our DBs the shuffle technique too for the very reason you just mentioned. We've sent a bunch of linemen off to play college ball, but we haven't been as blessed with super talented Corners, so we play a lot of Zone. Maybe it's a good sign that Mitchell feels like we have guys athletic enough to back peddle then get their hips around and make plays? I guess we'll find out!