• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carroll signs extension

Mitch_Rapp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks extend Pete Carroll through 2019
Posted by Josh Alper on July 26, 2016, 8:14 PM EDT
Getty Images
General Manager John Schneider signed an extension with the Seahawks over the weekend and, as expected, his partnership with coach Pete Carroll won’t be ending any time soon.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Seahawks and Carroll have agreed to an extension that puts Carroll under contract in Seattle through 2019. Carroll and Schneider both joined the Seahawks in 2010 and their record leaves little reason to wonder why the Seahawks will keep everything in place.
The team has gone 60-36 under Carroll in the regular season and 8-4 in the playoffs. The latter record includes their Super Bowl XLVIII title, their run back to the game the next year and at least one playoff win in each of the last four seasons.
There’s no word on the financial terms of the deal, but Carroll was already among the best-paid coaches in the league. His new deal will keep him there and keep him in Seattle through at least his 68th birthday if all goes according to plan.

Per profootballtalk.com

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christmas in July.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for the other 31 teams. Carroll and Schneider will continue on with the Hawks for years to come.

Time for another Lombardi trophy at the VMAC. Get it!!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is excellent news and I'm glad they got this done before the season starts and in before someone starts more rumors of PC leaving for another HC gig or college.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is excellent news and I'm glad they got this done before the season starts and in before someone starts more rumors of PC leaving for another HC gig or college.

I never really thought there was much chance of that. Coaches and execs often spend their entire careers moving their families place to place in search of greener pastures. Once you've found those green pastures, you don't mess with a good thing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really thought there was much chance of that. Coaches and execs often spend their entire careers moving their families place to place in search of greener pastures. Once you've found those green pastures, you don't mess with a good thing.

I agree, just something I read when I was my break that peaked my interest about PC and the possibilities of going back to LA. I figured once JS signed, PC would follow.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe it's only been 6 years. What they have done in 6 years here is crazy, cant imagine what that will equate to in 4 more years. 60-36 (.625 ) including the rebuilding years ( 2010-11 14-18 ). Once rebuilt this team has rocked out with a 46-18 (.719 ) record ( average of 11.5 victories a season and only 4.5 loses ) and have been to the playoffs 5 times out of a possible 6. That's what you call a TOUCHDOWN! or GRAND SLAM! (Get out the rye bread and mustard, Grandma, it is grand salami time!)

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've felt this would be PC last job coaching regardless of pro or college, simply because of his age. Now that Tom Coughlin is gone, PC is the oldest coach in the NFL. Yes we all know how child like PC is but near the end of this contract he'd be around what 68? Either way great to continue to having those whom helped create the golden age of Seahawk football.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt this would be PC last job coaching regardless of pro or college, simply because of his age. Now that Tom Coughlin is gone, PC is the oldest coach in the NFL. Yes we all know how child like PC is but near the end of this contract he'd be around what 68? Either way great to continue to having those whom helped create the golden age of Seahawk football.

Everything from FO to players are in place for a nice run as SB contenders for many years. It's nice to be able to witness the golden age of Seahawks football.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats everyone on the signings! When I read that the Rams FO were highly interested in signing both Carroll and Schneider, I thought: "Who in the Rams FO had the smarts enough to even conceive that " highly motivated interest?" Demoff. Nope. Too stupid and a yesman. Probably gets it up the ass from Kroneke dressed as a woman. Kroneke. Nope. A limp biscuit dweeb who is both too stupid and uninvolved unless they were discussing money.

Besides, I am quite sure Carroll and Schneider were going to re-sign with Seattle because they are just too smart to even think they'd go to work for that cross-dressing, money-grubbing numbnuts of a limp biscuit Kroneke.

I'll see all of you again this year-TWICE as usual!