• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards, Pirates, and Reds all clinch.....Nats are done

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have made epic collapses an annual event the past few seasons

so yeah.......wouldnt be too surprising

they have a choice of being eliminated in the ALDS or just collapse and don't make it at all

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I like this. But, then again, i'm no doctor.

Matt Harvey could be headed to the Arizona Fall League, New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Monday.

Harvey has decided to rehab a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and will attempt a throwing program over the next six to eight weeks in a bid to avoid undergoing Tommy John surgery.

Alderson indicated the AFL would be a potential place to face actual batters next month, which would allow Harvey to test whether surgery will be required.

The AFL generally is reserved for minor league prospects. An AFL official was not immediately available to discuss whether a rehab assignment during fall baseball was permissible.

Matt Harvey and Steven Strasburg need to learn to pitch effectively with their fastball velocity around 90-93 mph, Their arms will not hold up if they continue to stay around 96-98 mph

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Harvey and Steven Strasburg need to learn to pitch effectively with their fastball velocity around 90-93 mph, Their arms will not hold up if they continue to stay around 96-98 mph

correct me if i mis-remember, but i thought pitchers do stuff like tommy john and HGH to prolong their careers. bartolo colon can confirm.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct me if i mis-remember, but i thought pitchers do stuff like tommy john and HGH to prolong their careers. bartolo colon can confirm.

TJ helps strengthen the elbow, but doesn't protect the shoulder. Mark Prior's shoulder gave out and he could never be the same pitcher

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I like this. But, then again, i'm no doctor.

Matt Harvey could be headed to the Arizona Fall League, New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Monday.

Harvey has decided to rehab a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and will attempt a throwing program over the next six to eight weeks in a bid to avoid undergoing Tommy John surgery.

Alderson indicated the AFL would be a potential place to face actual batters next month, which would allow Harvey to test whether surgery will be required.

The AFL generally is reserved for minor league prospects. An AFL official was not immediately available to discuss whether a rehab assignment during fall baseball was permissible.

You can count on one hand the number of players that have successfully rehabbed a partially torn UCL. Others have rehabbed a UCL sprain (which is technically the diagnosis). They include Zack Greinke, Adam Wainwright, and Ervin Santana. In most cases, the pitcher ends up having the TJ surgery, as Wainwright did.

I don't know why a pitcher as young as Harvey, with his whole career ahead of him would want to delay this surgery. If somehow he feels okay after 6-8 weeks, he will report to Spring Training in 2014 ready to pitch. If he re-injures the UCL and then has to have surgery, he could be in danger of missing part of the 2015 season.

Obviously, you want to avoid surgery, if possible, but this seems more inevitable than anything.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it was Punto.......

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont remember her name, some chick from suicidegirls. Have the rest of the set on my computer at home, cant post most of them here :)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Nats are regretting their decision with Strasburg last year

Congrads to the Pirates, 21 years is a loooong time

Nats started hitting a few weeks too late.

April/March: .234/.296/.391, 96 runs scored, 91 sOPS+ (split relative to league OPS+) in 27 games
May: .230/.286/.363, 97 runs scored, 80 sOPS+ in 28 games
June: .244/.299/.398, 102 runs scored, 95 sOPS+ in 26 games
July: .255/.317/.385, 106 runs scored, 99 sOPS+ in 27 games
August: .282/.350/.434, 128 runs scored, 119 sOPS+ in 27 games
Sept: .277/.341/.440, 114 runs scored, 118 sOPS+ in 22 games

Doesn't help the pitching regressed a little (Detwiler pitched 93 fewer innings than last year and his ERA+ dropped from 117 to 94, Edwin Jackson in 2012 was much better than Haren has been this year). Strasburg/Gio/Zimmermann haven't been as effective as last year, but they're all having fine years.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may make me change my mind and side with Hammer on this........

Breaking a promise, and correcting an error | dodgerscribe.com

Isn't it obvious where the lack of class comes from? They are managed by an ex-Yankee. :lol:

I find it funny that I was commenting on pissing in BigD's pool yesterday on here in relation to this topic. I was just using the term metaphorically to show the classnessness of the act.

I know Bud Selig will not do anyhting about this, because he is such a tool, but the Dodgers should be fined for their behavior.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mpbucw1ivv1rb8tmvo1_r1_500.gif

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you're 20-0 vs hammer

Name 'em! :whistle:

"You really showed Hammer. He said the Padres were best and the Red Sox worst in cost-per-win. He was wrong. Pares were 2nd best and Red Sox 2nd worst. Maude, set me and Worrld up another round of Stroh's here!" - Brock and Worrld at the Howard Johnson's "Bill Buckner Bar" after the game

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"You really showed Hammer. He said the Padres were best and the Red Sox worst in cost-per-win. He was wrong. Pares were 2nd best and Red Sox 2nd worst. Maude, set me and Worrld up another round of Stroh's here!" - Brock and Worrld at the Howard Johnson's "Bill Buckner Bar" after the game

nope

all I said was that if you go back to 1984 (and this was the year you picked, not me) Minnnesota would at the top of the bullshit 'cost per win' stat you humped all day. I never made a single comment about the Sox on that list

you provided 2012 as evidence to support your thought

which either means you did go back to 1984 stats and don't want to post it, are afraid if you do that you will be wrong or are just too lazy to do it

i'd do it, but i'm too lazy and I don't give a shit

now post a picture of a Schlitz and move on

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wtf? go back to bed!

"cost per win >>> winning divisions/championships" ~ hammer

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may make me change my mind and side with Hammer on this........

Breaking a promise, and correcting an error | dodgerscribe.com

It takes it from a giddy, spontaneous celebration to an ugly, disgusting display of utter classlessness.

Perhaps I’m old and out of touch, but I remember when, if a team won a championship, that team’s fans and players were happy because THEY won. Maybe this is a commentary on where we are as a society, but these days it seems like people are happier that THE OTHER TEAM LOST than they are that their team won. I don’t get that. I probably never will.

There was a time when it meant something to wear a Dodgers uniform. It was a uniform that was worn with pride. It was a symbol not only of sustained excellence on the field, but also of a quiet dignity and professionalism. Back when it was worn by the likes of Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale. Steve Garvey and Dusty Baker and Rick Monday and Ron Cey and Bill Russell. Roy Campanella and Gil Hodges and Duke Snider and Pee Wee Reese.
And yes, Jackie Robinson, who endured more adversity to wear it and wore it with more dignity and grace than any other man ever has.
If there is one thing that really does set the Dodgers apart from the Diamondbacks, an expansion team that only came into the league in 1998, it’s that the Dodgers have a century of storied history to point to.

Best quote of all:

Any Dodgers player or players who urinated in the Chase Field pool on Thursday also defaced the Dodgers name. They may have thought they were pissing all over the Diamondbacks, but really, they were pissing all over the Dodgers, and everything the Dodgers are supposed to be about...

Because in their zeal to disrespect the Diamondbacks, the only people these players really disrespected was themselves.