• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals on Verge of Signing OT Eric Winston

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Winston, 29, spent the first six years of his career with the Houston Texans before signing with the Kansas City Chiefs last season. He's started all 16 games in every season but his first, and is generally regarded as one of the better tackles in the league."

Not a bad pickup. I hope it's just a one year deal, but we'll see. We could use as much help/depth as possible with the O-Line.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing. Not sure why he has been cut the previous two seasons but he is still better than what we got. I feel like our line is the best it has been in nearly five years!

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a one year deal...

Half of our 2013 team is on one year deals... hopefully many of these players have good seasons AND the Cardinals can retain some, but next year we will be looking at an entirely different squad as well.

Reports are the John Abraham might be coming on a 1 year deal as well.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the signing. Winston did a great job in KC last year. His outburst against the fans hurt him big time though. Could be a factor as to why he was cut. More likely though is that KC knew they were going to draft Fisher. Either way, Winston is a quality player and adds great depth behind Massie.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massieis actully being kicked inside to play guard this year.... So that should strengthen us there as well. Line will probably be...

LT Brown or Potter
LT Cooper (as soon as he signs)
C Sendein
RG Massie
RT Winston

Consideraby better line on paper than last seasons... still not a fantastic line... but as a Cardinal fan.. Id take it in a heartbeat.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better. I wasn't a fan of the guards last year. In fact, they may have been the worst pair in the NFL. But Cooper and Massie should be a massive upgrade. Brown and Winston should also be upgrades over the tackles from last year. Definite improvement.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, people always bitched about the Tackles because they are the "money" players... but the fact remained that the Guards were worse than the tackles were... we got DESTROYED by A gap pressure, and we couldn't run block up the middle to save our lives.

WHIZENATOR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm pretty excited about the Winston signing. I was happy with Massie's improvement last year at LT. Moving him to the right was going to be fine with me, but now at RG is unbelievable. I'm just concerned w/ LT, not sure Brown is the answer there.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of an excited to see what Nate Potter can do with a year under his belt. He was making strides last season... he's more athletic than Levi Brown.. might not have the issues with speed rushers that killed Brown.

It's not a dominant line... but it sure doesn't look like a complete train wreck that it did going into last seasons Camp.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of an excited to see what Nate Potter can do with a year under his belt. He was making strides last season... he's more athletic than Levi Brown.. might not have the issues with speed rushers that killed Brown.

It's not a dominant line... but it sure doesn't look like a complete train wreck that it did going into last seasons Camp.

I'm telling you, this is the best line we have had in the last 5 years! Look for potter and Mass to solidify their spots this season. Should be interesting to see!

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty excited about the Winston signing. I was happy with Massie's improvement last year at LT. Moving him to the right was going to be fine with me, but now at RG is unbelievable. I'm just concerned w/ LT, not sure Brown is the answer there.

Massie was a RT last year wasn't he? Batiste and Potter played on the left side if memory serves. Still, I like the idea of moving him inside to upgrade that guard spot. Personally I believe Levi Brown is pretty good. Potter started to come around it looked like, but I don't think he is ready to move past Brown.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massie was a RT, and yes, he will slide to RG. The Left side will be Cooper and whomever wins the job between Brown and Potter. Pretty athletic line now if you ask me... don't know how it will translate to what Arians normally does... but if they want to pull guards.. the Cardinals have the horses now...

We shall see..

WHIZENATOR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I remember Batiste in there at LT and being horrible. Guess I just thought they put Massie there later in the season because he was our best line man and I don't recall watching Potter. In all honesty, it became hard to watch this team after about the 10th game, with how bad the QB play was.