• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardale Jones.......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Ohio State hate in this thread. Cardale Jones is a stud and will be an all pro in the NFL.

You're still drunk.

Just stop it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terelle Pryor is a stud.

but he still wouldn't help us get further in the playoffs.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you smoking?

Train Wreck.

trainwreck_100x100_ef1a.jpg

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we aren't keeping 3 QB on the roster when we can't even have a genuine fullback.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you smoking? He was great. He hadn't played all year, came in and helped win a Big10 Championship, the Sugar Bowl and a National Championship. Not bad for just 3 games of play. The INT he threw in that game last night was not even his fault.

You are signing him for his skills you can't teach. Size, pocket awareness, strength, arm strength, mobility and he is a damn winner. Those were three huge games he didn't fold or buckle under, and he was 3rd on the depth chart at QB coming into the year. He didn't let 4 offensive TO's rattle him, or get him out of his game plan and comfort level. That is very un-Dalton-esque, the exact thing we are looking for. He is not an immediate starter in the NFL, but give him a couple years, he may be a quality QB that doesn't at least fold under the pressure of the lights.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
img9053976.jpg

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is these homers don't understand that the system employed at OSU and the "quarterbacks" that they recruit don't translate to the NFL. When you're running a system that requires you to target kids that are playing QB because they're the best athlete at their high school rather than a system that requires you to recruit the guys that are genuinely elite quarterbacks, you're probably not going to be sending a lot of successful quarterbacks to the NFL.

I not only am NOT a Buckeye homer, I'm an Alabama fan, which makes me a Buckeye hater. I think the kid shows great promise. He's got a cannon arm, probably better than Big Ben's, and he's huge. He also didn't let his mistakes linger, and bounced back each time, something we'll never get with Dalton. I think he's worth a 4th round flyer, though that means it may be impossible to get our next Robert Geathers out of this draft. He obviously would sit for a couple of years, developing, while our present All Pro quarterback leads us two years deeper into the wilderness.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way this kid is declaring for the draft if he isn't a 2nd rounder or better.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way this kid is declaring for the draft if he isn't a 2nd rounder or better.

He's going to be second string if he stays at Ohio St. If he transfers, he sits out next year. As a redshirt sophomore, he is eligible to declare. He has a kid to raise. It makes absolute sense for him to come out, and hone his skills over the next couple of years as a #3, no matter when he would be drafted. We have taken flyers in earlier rounds on much worse gambles. Our quarterback is Andy Fucking Dalton. What do we have to lose?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be second string if he stays at Ohio St. If he transfers, he sits out next year. As a redshirt sophomore, he is eligible to declare. He has a kid to raise. It makes absolute sense for him to come out, and hone his skills over the next couple of years as a #3, no matter when he would be drafted. We have taken flyers in earlier rounds on much worse gambles. Our quarterback is Andy Fucking Dalton. What do we have to lose?

He plays for OSU. It's likely that his current salary is higher than that of an NFL 4th rounder..... And the coaching is probably better.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays for OSU. It's likely that his current salary is higher than that of an NFL 4th rounder..... And the coaching is probably better.

Hey I hate Ohio State as much as the next guy, but it doesn't blind me to above average raw talent, and this kid has it.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be drafted no later than pick #50.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone comparing Jones to Jamarcus or Leftwich is kidding themselves. This kid is a legit NFL QB prospect. He's Cam Newton all over again. The size, the arm, the running ability, hell this kid might be more accurate than Cam. Staying in school makes little sense for him. He is already 22, he isn't sitting out a year and transfering, why go back and risk being a backup again? This is a terrible QB class and he would likely be the 3rd taken after Mariota and Winston. No chance he makes it out of the 2nd round. Here is Matt Miller talking about just this.

Where Would Cardale Jones Stack Up in 2015 Draft Class After National Title Win? | Bleacher Report

If anyone has ESPN Insider, McShay has an article up about him too.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone comparing Jones to Jamarcus or Leftwich is kidding themselves. This kid is a legit NFL QB prospect. He's Cam Newton all over again. The size, the arm, the running ability, hell this kid might be more accurate than Cam. Staying in school makes little sense for him. He is already 22, he isn't sitting out a year and transfering, why go back and risk being a backup again? This is a terrible QB class and he would likely be the 3rd taken after Mariota and Winston. No chance he makes it out of the 2nd round. Here is Matt Miller talking about just this.

Where Would Cardale Jones Stack Up in 2015 Draft Class After National Title Win? | Bleacher Report

If anyone has ESPN Insider, McShay has an article up about him too.

You've seen him play three football games and now you have him more accurate than Cam Newton? Good lord.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to remember when Kellen Moore was basically Drew Brees.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basing this off intangibles though, things you can't teach with Jones, not stats like Moore. :)

Let me get this straight.... This guy is a once in a lifetime physical talent that absolutely can't miss and yet he was content to sit on the bench as the third stringer? What's that mean for the guys that were ahead of him on the depth chart? Will they be joining him in Canton? Maybe he wasn't getting a fair shake from Urban and the crew.... If so, don't you think every other college coach in the country would have been at his door suggesting/begging him to transfer? None of you guys even knew who this kid was when you sat down to dinner on Thanksgiving and now he's a can't miss qb in the draft? Ridiculous.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight.... This guy is a once in a lifetime physical talent that absolutely can't miss and yet he was content to sit on the bench as the third stringer? What's that mean for the guys that were ahead of him on the depth chart? Will they be joining him in Canton? Maybe he wasn't getting a fair shake from Urban and the crew.... If so, don't you think every other college coach in the country would have been at his door suggesting/begging him to transfer? None of you guys even knew who this kid was when you sat down to dinner on Thanksgiving and now he's a can't miss qb in the draft? Ridiculous.

I knew who he was. I talk every day with Ohio State people, though.

Your hate is strong, though. I feed off it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew who he was. I talk every day with Ohio State people, though.

Your hate is strong, though. I feed off it.

You'd be right there with me if the kid was from LSU or Florida State.... Or anywhere but Columbus.