• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canuck's Roving Maple Leafs Chronicles!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that could happen to the Maple Leafs is for the fans to put them in the penalty box. It is clear that the desire they have to win is talk only. Carlyle writhes in the wind at every press conference and the players just go through the motions. The fans REALLY need to stop with the "best team in the history of hockey" talk, especially when ESPN votes you the worst sports franchise in North America.

It's one thing to be a loyal fan, but another thing entirely to stand up and send management a message that you're done with this crap!

I don't think the fans have called the Leafs "best team in the history of hockey". Or at least not any with an IQ comparable with that of an otter. Loyal fans, maybe, but wearing that as a badge of honour in an era where your team is somewhere between bad and awful year-in-year-out isn't exactly something to be bragging about, if anybody is at all.

Also, I didn't need ESPN to tell me anything about the Leafs, or about hockey in general.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the fans have called the Leafs "best team in the history of hockey". Or at least not any with an IQ comparable with that of an otter. Loyal fans, maybe, but wearing that as a badge of honour in an era where your team is somewhere between bad and awful year-in-year-out isn't exactly something to be bragging about, if anybody is at all.

Also, I didn't need ESPN to tell me anything about the Leafs, or about hockey in general.

I hear you Danny. Frustrating no doubt and paying $12 for a cup of bad beer at the ACC doesn't help. There doesn't seem to be much incentive for the MLSE to change anything though.

:suds:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Danny. Frustrating no doubt and paying $12 for a cup of bad beer at the ACC doesn't help. There doesn't seem to be much incentive for the MLSE to change anything though.

Well, MLSE are owned by two of the biggest companies in the country that also happen to be enormous rivals.

I'm sure board meetings are examples of a harmonious corporate environment at 50 Bay St. :L

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good Morning CI :yahoo:

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10151931_10152267317981738_736830851_n.jpg

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not yet. This picture implies being decommissioned and sold for scrap; as was the US Navy's Pollux
TML is still asea, albeit floating listlessly....

I think floating listlessly describes the Leafs very well!!! :pound:

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the old boards again. Would have loved to read the rant that BGM would have posted on last night Bruins/Pens game. Two Boston goals were disallowed and the Pens won in OT. Sigh..... It would have been epic.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the old boards again. Would have loved to read the rant that BGM would have posted on last night Bruins/Pens game. Two Boston goals were disallowed and the Pens won in OT. Sigh..... It would have been epic.

a corner convenience store somewhere has been getting far more productivity out of it's night shift guy (BGM) since FN flushed.:yahoo: