• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canuck's Roving Maple Leafs Chronicles!!!

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherish this. We may not see it for long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCgsTtVJOU]Randy Carlyle - November 18, 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1297631942941_ORIGINAL.jpg

TORONTO - Can anyone create more controversy than former Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke just by opening his mouth?

Burke was at it again on Tuesday, this time when asked by reporters at the PrimeTime Sports Management Conference and Trade Show in Toronto about the brouhaha (read about it here) that ensued after Phil Kessel refused to talk to the media after the Leafs 6-2 loss to the Buffalo Sabres Sunday.

“Why should Phil Kessel have to talk to these pukes every day?” said Burke, now the president of hockey operations with the Calgary Flames.

“It’s a miracle some nights that these guys don’t drill these guys,” Burke added, referring to the Leafs relationship with the press.

“There’s a hailstorm after every loss and they don’t care whether they get it right or not.”

Ink-stained wretches? Sure.

But "Pukes?" Never been described as that before.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see at the very bottom where it says "A look back at Burkie's Stanley Cup successes in Toronto"? Who says we don't have a sense of humour about ourselves?

I did see that and laughed out loud.

The good news for leaf fans is Stamkos is finally coming to To***to.

The bad news is it's with the Bolts.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't get any easier for the Leafs with Tampa Bay next on the schedule, that's for sure.

/Man, John Shannon was ripping the Leafs players on Sportsnet last night (and defending Randy Carlyle).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't get any easier for the Leafs with Tampa Bay next on the schedule, that's for sure.

/Man, John Shannon was ripping the Leafs players on Sportsnet last night (and defending Randy Carlyle).

Randy's a dipshit, but I'm not pinning a fucking 9-2 drubbing on him. That one is all on the players, and the guy who got the players.

People here who love the fact that Shanny went out and got a bunch of analytics guys can't seem to answer why he thinks he doesn't need to tear this roster to shreds. Throw in the fact he went and signed Robidas for 3 years for some ungodly reason, the fact he let Nonis stay in the bidding for Bolland until the AAV got up near $5 million, and the Carlyle extension and I'm wondering what, exactly, is so different between him and Burke?

The only hope I'm grasping to is that the schedule until the All Star Break is loaded with Western Conference teams and that should give them a shitty enough record to start looking to make trades for what they can move. At this point, Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Phaneuf (eat a million or so a year of his contract) and Franson need to be made available and picks/prospects the return.

This can be fixed, it just needs to be done in time. The upcoming draft is far too important for them not to try everything they can to load up on picks and try for the worst record.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally posted by Pix.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDrwtpWhu6o&feature=player_embedded]LFR8 - Game 19 - NOPE - Nsh 9, Tor 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy's a dipshit, but I'm not pinning a fucking 9-2 drubbing on him. That one is all on the players, and the guy who got the players.

People here who love the fact that Shanny went out and got a bunch of analytics guys can't seem to answer why he thinks he doesn't need to tear this roster to shreds. Throw in the fact he went and signed Robidas for 3 years for some ungodly reason, the fact he let Nonis stay in the bidding for Bolland until the AAV got up near $5 million, and the Carlyle extension and I'm wondering what, exactly, is so different between him and Burke?

The only hope I'm grasping to is that the schedule until the All Star Break is loaded with Western Conference teams and that should give them a shitty enough record to start looking to make trades for what they can move. At this point, Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Phaneuf (eat a million or so a year of his contract) and Franson need to be made available and picks/prospects the return.

This can be fixed, it just needs to be done in time. The upcoming draft is far too important for them not to try everything they can to load up on picks and try for the worst record.

Hair colour? :laugh:

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll give you Staal for Phaneuf. at least he would actually hit someone.
Still don't understand not signing Stralman and keeping Girardi/Staal. But hey, I have Sather.
People are skating around Staal like he is ....well...Dion Phaneuf:lol:

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see at the very bottom where it says "A look back at Burkie's Stanley Cup successes in Toronto"? Who says we don't have a sense of humour about ourselves?

Hope you noticed BBB that for several days now I have posted no anti-Leaf diatribes? Is it because I'm polite, sensitive to the trials of others, decency or just a good person? Hell no. It's because I know I'm gonna be the next to catch a bunch of crap when the Caps go down the tube, again!
:gaah:,