• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canuck's Roving Maple Leafs Chronicles!!!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20140409-103656.jpg

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Hall-of-Fame defenseman, Larry Murphy is the only player to have won four Stanley Cups during the 1990's? Two with the Penguins ('91,'92) and two with the Red Wings ('97, 98). This Hall-of-famer-elected 2004 also hates the Leafs and their fans with a passion - and for a very good reason. His career included nearly two full seasons in Toronto ('95-97) where dumb, know-nothing Leafs fan...s literally booed him out of town. In 1997, he was traded to Detroit by the Laffs at the trade deadline for "future considerations." Murphy immediately helped the Wings win not one, but two successive Cups in 1997 and 1998. While the Wings were winning Cups with Larry Murphy on board, the Laffs were finishing last in their Division and out of the playoffs again and again. Stupid Leafs! Stupid Leaf fans!

1005215_10151703896216738_404143926_n.jpg

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Hall-of-Fame defenseman, Larry Murphy is the only player to have won four Stanley Cups during the 1990's? Two with the Penguins ('91,'92) and two with the Red Wings ('97, 98). This Hall-of-famer-elected 2004 also hates the Leafs and their fans with a passion - and for a very good reason. His career included nearly two full seasons in Toronto ('95-97) where dumb, know-nothing Leafs fan...s literally booed him out of town. In 1997, he was traded to Detroit by the Laffs at the trade deadline for "future considerations." Murphy immediately helped the Wings win not one, but two successive Cups in 1997 and 1998. While the Wings were winning Cups with Larry Murphy on board, the Laffs were finishing last in their Division and out of the playoffs again and again. Stupid Leafs! Stupid Leaf fans!

-the booing was uncalled for, I'll grant you that, but it hardly represented anything but an obnoxious, vocal, small minority of fans

-the year after Murphy was traded, the Leafs actually had some pretty good years under Pat Quinn; not finishing last in their division and out of the playoffs

-the fans didn't trade Murphy for future considerations; management did. No matter how much the (few) fans wanted Murphy gone, it's absolutely silly to pin it on the fans because management made an under-valued deal.

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-the booing was uncalled for, I'll grant you that, but it hardly represented anything but an obnoxious, vocal, small minority of fans

-the year after Murphy was traded, the Leafs actually had some pretty good years under Pat Quinn; not finishing last in their division and out of the playoffs

-the fans didn't trade Murphy for future considerations; management did. No matter how much the (few) fans wanted Murphy gone, it's absolutely silly to pin it on the fans because management made an under-valued deal.

fans are fickle. When Larry played for the Caps he was booed often...........not because he was a poor defenseman but because he wasn't "tough" enough. Really. One play I remember well was his pass to Dale Hunter in the 1988 playoffs to beat the Flyers 5-4 in game 7 of the playoffs. :yahoo:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans are fickle. When Larry played for the Caps he was booed often...........not because he was a poor defenseman but because he wasn't "tough" enough. Really. One play I remember well was his pass to Dale Hunter in the 1988 playoffs to beat the Flyers 5-4 in game 7 of the playoffs. :yahoo:

Yeah but Washington isn't Toronto and aren't as fun to make fun of because they always make the playoffs and win Cups. I think.

(Sorry Slap, lol)