• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canucks RFA news

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twitter @benkuzma: Gillis planned to qualify main RFAs in Lapierre, Hansen, Oreskovich. Shirokov a question mark after two misses making Canucks

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Henning confirmed that those three RFAs have indeed been qualified.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Lee Sweatt not qualified.

also, might as well put some UFA chatter in here too (from Peter Tessier)
It appears Higgins and the Canucks are far apart and that there may be little interest in signing Torres again due to locker room issues- whatever they may be.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee Sweatt not qualified.

also, might as well put some UFA chatter in here too (from Peter Tessier)
It appears Higgins and the Canucks are far apart and that there may be little interest in signing Torres again due to locker room issues- whatever they may be.

where does he get that from and btw who is peter tessier anyways?

Id like torres back ... even if he is a predatory player (i think this has more to do with the management potentially not wanting to bring him back)

from what i hear (roll eyes here) his teammates love him

/as far as UFA's ... if Higgins and Torres arent re-signed I wonder if they look at Vern Fiddler (i know ... another centre???) pretty versatile guy

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lapierre re-signed for 2 years at $1 per.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
where does he get that from and btw who is peter tessier anyways?

Id like torres back ... even if he is a predatory player (i think this has more to do with the management potentially not wanting to bring him back)

from what i hear (roll eyes here) his teammates love him

Nucks blogger at hockeybuzz (i know, i know, the clown that runs that show is an idjit, but there are some quality team writers there. Strickland for the Blues, Tessier for the Nucks).

Torres worries me a bit this year. with the new rule 48 wording, he might be a target for the refs.
and he's just soooo damned inconsistent! I did like his effort (almost said 'compete level') throughout the playoffs though.
I'm on the fence with him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nucks blogger at hockeybuzz (i know, i know, the clown that runs that show is an idjit, but there are some quality team writers there. Strickland for the Blues, Tessier for the Nucks).

Torres worries me a bit this year. with the new rule 48 wording, he might be a target for the refs.
and he's just soooo damned inconsistent! I did like his effort (almost said 'compete level') throughout the playoffs though.
I'm on the fence with him.

I would love him back but like Puck that rule will make him very ineffective and a risk.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thing about it is Strickland is an actual media member in St Louis who is connected with players/people in hockey

as far as i know, Tessier is just some guy (like any of us on here)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more ufa stuff

Agents for Andrew Alberts, Tanner Glass and Rick Rypien have had NO contact with the Canucks w/ free agency 3 days away.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the Sun (via Spectors)

Elliott Pap reports Canucks GM Mike Gillis might not necessarily look to replace Christian Ehrhoff, whom he traded to the Islanders for a draft pick last night, via free agency. Pap also reports Gillis will likely focus on rebuilding his bottom six forward lines again, listing Nashville’s Joel Ward, Pittsburgh’s Tyler Kennedy, Colorado’s Tomas Fleischmann, Winnipeg’s Anthony Stewart and Tampa Bay’s Sean Bergenheim.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the Sun (via Spectors)

Elliott Pap reports Canucks GM Mike Gillis might not necessarily look to replace Christian Ehrhoff, whom he traded to the Islanders for a draft pick last night, via free agency. Pap also reports Gillis will likely focus on rebuilding his bottom six forward lines again, listing Nashville’s Joel Ward, Pittsburgh’s Tyler Kennedy, Colorado’s Tomas Fleischmann, Winnipeg’s Anthony Stewart and Tampa Bay’s Sean Bergenheim.

I dont like not replacing Ehrhoff, that being said if it shows it doesnt work he will address it via trade.

also isnt Fleischmann's injury career ending?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I dont like not replacing Ehrhoff, that being said if it shows it doesnt work he will address it via trade.

also isnt Fleischmann's injury career ending?

apparently he's OK on blood thinners (or whatever meds he's on).

who do you replace Ehrhoff with? Ballard is closer than anyone out there.
Gillis just needs AV and him to hug it out before the season starts.

No Alain, yo can't just throw him out and get a new one.
Jan1611_ballardbag2_550.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard got 0:12 of power play ice time per game ... with the Panthers he was getting more than 2:20 per game ... i think other guys can step up on the pp ... henrik was the one who made things happen on the power play not Ehrhoff ... I subscribe to the belief that Ehrhoff has done really well for himself playing with very good players

... and mattola, like you mentioned on the general board gillis should still see what Jovo wants

Id ask about Wiz too

or see what happens with Weber ... whether he signs for one year in Nashville ... and wait ... if (MASSIVE IF) he ends up being UFA next year ... i think they could end up signing Weber for what Ehrhoff ends up signing for in the next couple of days (especially if the Isles sign Ehrhoff)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or see what happens with Weber ... whether he signs for one year in Nashville ... and wait ... if (MASSIVE IF) he ends up being UFA next year ... i think they could end up signing Weber for what Ehrhoff ends up signing for in the next couple of days (especially if the Isles sign Ehrhoff)

I dont see why he would sign long term unless they give him what his agent thinks the market will be for him next year. give him $8M a yr for 6 to 8 years and maybe he would. but he will be a 10 year deal I think.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Alberts re-signed as per JoeyKenward & Sekeres twitter

cap hit = $1.225 mill per

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
CKNW reports Jannik Hansen files for salary arbitration.