• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can't believe I am even going to suggest this.........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands right now -- Detroit has shown over 2 games, they just do not have a #2 WR to play opposite of Calvin Johnson. Burleson has been reliable on short patterns and uses his body well to shield DBs, but separation just isn't there.

Even with Broyles coming back at some point -- we have no idea what we are going to be getting, as he will have had back to back major knee surgeries.

Why don't the Lions bring in someone like Terrell Owens or even Chad Johnson for the veteran minimum? At 39, TO has shown he still is in tremendous shape and I highly doubt he would be a distraction after his actions basically got him black balled from the league since 2011.

Chad Johnson has to be better than what we are putting on the field now. I'm sure he would sign for the minimum too, if he had the opportunity.

If anything -- why not just bring them in for a tryout to see what they have left in the tank? I would think either guy could be a stop gap for one year, until Detroit is able to bring in a player to fill that role next year in the draft or FA.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems panic button mode!! I will wait and see what Broyles brings before a unneeded distraction of them two guys.

What I did see from Broyles was separation and good route running. In his limited action.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO is also known for drops, we really don't need that

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Johnson has to be better than what we are putting on the field now. I'm
sure he would sign for the minimum too, if he had the opportunity.

Are you insane? The only thing Chad can separate from is reality. And he really never could catch very well. He makes TO look like Jerry Rice.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring in Randy Moss way before looking at either of those two. At least he's played and been midly productive lately...

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel the same way about the Pats, but Johnson was a huge fail, so TO might not be much better.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring in Randy Moss way before looking at either of those two. At least he's played and been midly productive lately...

I thought Randy Moss was done with football. The reason I mentioned Chad Johnson and TO is because I know both of them "say" they are training still to stay in football shape and would like to play again.

Basically I just want to see anyone who can get open on a pattern over 10-15 yards. Those are the two who popped in my head.

What I did see from Broyles was separation and good route running. In his limited action.

I do agree -- I was pleasantly surprised with Broyles, but it scares me that he will have had major knee surgery on each knee in the last two years.

Also -- he is more of a slot WR than an outside WR.

I do agree with you -- I'm jumping the gun here, but I'd rather see the front office be proactive in their decisions, as the offense was non-existant once Reggie Bush went down. We just don't have any WRs that can get open consistently other than Megatron and it is sad, because the others are getting single coverage basically the entire game.

There HAS to be someone out there that could fill the role and can get open in single coverage for the Lions to bring in.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys would be worse tyan burleson. Currently burleson is not the issue with the lions offense.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There HAS to be someone out there that could fill the role and can get open in single coverage for the Lions to bring in.

Not in the FA market there isnt and if you pursued a trade who would actually be enough of an improvement to make that move?

At one point I thought we might be able to move Leshoure and Scheffler to the Steelers for a 2014 4th rd pick. They desperately need help at both RB and TE. you could package that with our own 2014 4th pick (thanks alot Millenhew for us not having a 5th rounder for that awesome Mike Thomas trade) and try to get Kenny Britt.

It's pretty clear from what he is saying that he's not planning on being there next year. The Titans certainly arent going to franchise him, so the decision to stay or go would be his anyway. Maybe they would be interested in getting something for him now when its a very high probability he'll be gone next year anyway.

Unfortunately, since he is a FA after this season he would need a new contract done before that trade could go down and I dont see that happening. I just dont see who realistically is out there that would make a difference.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I've been saying this for a long time actually. I even think Mayhew should be willing to part with a draft pick to get someone. Other teams are making sacrifices to get that #2 guy.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insane? The only thing Chad can separate from is reality. And he really never could catch very well. He makes TO look like Jerry Rice.

:suspicious:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you included Chad (the only one who does any thinking around here is my) Johnson.

If Brady and BB can't make him productive, what chance do you think the genius Linehan has?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you included Chad (the only one who does any thinking around here is my) Johnson.

If Brady and BB can't make him productive, what chance do you think the genius Linehan has?

Most spot on post of the week:clap:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought I read when he was with the Patriots -- the biggest problem they had with him was he couldn't get a grasp of the complexity of the Pats playbook. So that put him in Belicheck's dog house from the get go.

Then again -- it was a while ago, so I could be mistaken.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the FA market there isnt and if you pursued a trade who would actually be enough of an improvement to make that move?
Josh Gordon?

The Browns are apparently in fire-sale mode, and Gordon is FAST and tall and fluid. He'd be the perfect #2 WR for us...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of TO's but I would bring him in for a tryout if and only if we have an injury or 2. We're already obviously not deep enough and if someone goes down I'd look at him. I've always liked Chad Johnson but I don't think he has enough left to make a difference for us. So I'd bring in the guy I hate but not the guy that I like.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are apparently in fire-sale mode, and Gordon is FAST and tall and fluid. He'd be the perfect #2 WR for us...

Not sure if the Lions would be interested, even though I agree, he would be a perfect fit. He just got done serving a 2 game suspension for failing a drug test for codeine. If he fails another -- he is suspened for a full year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of TO's but I would bring him in for a tryout if and only if we have an injury or 2. We're already obviously not deep enough and if someone goes down I'd look at him. I've always liked Chad Johnson but I don't think he has enough left to make a difference for us. So I'd bring in the guy I hate but not the guy that I like.

I honestly don't like either player, but if they could somehow help the team, I could look past that.

I just want to see what the Lions could do if they had another WR on the outside. As we stand right now -- we rely too much on dumping the ball off short, as I'm guessing the WRs aren't getting separation down field. (pure speculation, as you don't really have a view of them during the plays on TV)

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon?

I'd be all about that, he would probably be the best #2 WR in football. However, after the backlash of trading Trent Richardson. No way in hell they give up Gordon too.