• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canelo-Khan 5-7-16

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor I hear is Golden Boy is talking rematch with Cotto (mega fight) & wont be fighting GGG.

Canelo is really Golden Boys only Golden Goose. They will avoid GGG for as long as they can. No matter how much machismo, they show on TV.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I'm hearing it's all but a set deal. Too many people calling for it for anyone to duck. Khan gets up off the mat and first thing he says is "those 2 dudes gotta fight." The commissioner of other belts stated they won't give GGG a mandatory because "the people all wanna see those 2 dudes fight." Kovalev vs Ward is set to go in November. Heavyweights look intesting again (Joshua vs Wilder would be sick) and all anybody is talking about is those 2 dudes fighting.

Mayweather and Pacquiao both had their own audiences already. They could both walk away from that fight for years and still got paid. Right now Canelo has the full Mexican backing, he will keep getting paid. GGG is just really starting to get mainstream hype, he's just gonna start making that big money. But if either one of them ducked this fight the other one is going to inherit their whole fan base without even fighting.

Even if they don't want to make the fight, they both have to now.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I'm hearing it's all but a set deal. Too many people calling for it for anyone to duck. Khan gets up off the mat and first thing he says is "those 2 dudes gotta fight." The commissioner of other belts stated they won't give GGG a mandatory because "the people all wanna see those 2 dudes fight." Kovalev vs Ward is set to go in November. Heavyweights look intesting again (Joshua vs Wilder would be sick) and all anybody is talking about is those 2 dudes fighting.

Mayweather and Pacquiao both had their own audiences already. They could both walk away from that fight for years and still got paid. Right now Canelo has the full Mexican backing, he will keep getting paid. GGG is just really starting to get mainstream hype, he's just gonna start making that big money. But if either one of them ducked this fight the other one is going to inherit their whole fan base without even fighting.

Even if they don't want to make the fight, they both have to now.

DeLaHoya camp is all saying the right things (as far as wanting to fight GGG) but why would they be negotiating with a rematch with Cotto if they were serious about fighting GGG?

What Canelo Alvarez's knockout win over Amir Khan means for boxing

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeLaHoya camp is all saying the right things (as far as wanting to fight GGG) but why would they be negotiating with a rematch with Cotto if they were serious about fighting GGG?

What Canelo Alvarez's knockout win over Amir Khan means for boxing

The thing is though, Alvarez isn't the biggest draw in PPV boxing right now because of anything he's done. He's the biggest draw kind of by default. He's just the best Mexican boxer currently, and the Mexican population still likes boxing and buys PPV's at a higher rate than the rest of the American population combined.

But GGG has been brilliantly managed and coached PR wise. Calling his style of boxing "Mexican style" has paid off so well for him right now. And everyone knows he's the one who's desperate for this fight. So if it doesn't get made its 100% because Canelo is ducking him. From what I hear, most of the Mexican boxing analysts think that would hurt the Canelo brand more than a loss would.

People in the boxing industry seem to think De La Hoya is backed into a corner. Nobody thinks he wants to make this fight right now, but it seems like everyone agrees he has to. And more important is going to.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is though, Alvarez isn't the biggest draw in PPV boxing right now because of anything he's done. He's the biggest draw kind of by default. He's just the best Mexican boxer currently, and the Mexican population still likes boxing and buys PPV's at a higher rate than the rest of the American population combined.

But GGG has been brilliantly managed and coached PR wise. Calling his style of boxing "Mexican style" has paid off so well for him right now. And everyone knows he's the one who's desperate for this fight. So if it doesn't get made its 100% because Canelo is ducking him. From what I hear, most of the Mexican boxing analysts think that would hurt the Canelo brand more than a loss would.

People in the boxing industry seem to think De La Hoya is backed into a corner. Nobody thinks he wants to make this fight right now, but it seems like everyone agrees he has to. And more important is going to.
man I hope your right :thumb:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canelo vacated his belt because he's too scare of GGG.

Him and especially Oscar are such fucking punks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in Canelo is full of shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar is such a fucking coward

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll probably get Canelo vs GGG in 2020

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there goes that.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY disappointed about this. Yes, Canelo is early in his career, but Canelo could've made a fortune in this fight and the rematch(es). If he lost, you KNOW there would've been a rematch clause in the contract. The ONLY reason not to take this fight is if he thought for sure he couldn't beat GGG.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say there's still a decent chance this happens. They only had until Tuesday to get all the details done, otherwise it would have been a purse bid. A purse bid might have been a 50-50 split of the money. At most they are saying Cabell would have gotten maybe a 60-40 split. Right now they're saying Golden Boy still might make this fight, but ask for a 75-25 split in their favor. And GGG's camp is so desperate for the right that they might accept that. They're really not worried about losing, just trying to grow his brand.

I'm not giving up hope yet. But it sure looks like a chickenshit move to me.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say there's still a decent chance this happens. They only had until Tuesday to get all the details done, otherwise it would have been a purse bid. A purse bid might have been a 50-50 split of the money. At most they are saying Cabell would have gotten maybe a 60-40 split. Right now they're saying Golden Boy still might make this fight, but ask for a 75-25 split in their favor. And GGG's camp is so desperate for the right that they might accept that. They're really not worried about losing, just trying to grow his brand.

I'm not giving up hope yet. But it sure looks like a chickenshit move to me.

What you're saying does make sense, but wouldn't Canelo and/or De La Hoya have made a statement already? Something like "Yes, they stripped the belt and gave it to GGG, but I'm going to get it back immediately. I'm taking him on next no matter what!!!"

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GGG adds to his KO streak. Knocking out Golden Boys/Canelo's Machismo!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it happens. GGG probably really wants to fight in September. My guess is if he doesn't see any progress on this fight by mid June, then he'll move on to someone else