• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can you find a positive in this bad season?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to look hard on these threads to see a negative about this team, they have been bad overall. There is however a few positives, so maybe its not the end of the world. The O-line has gotten better every week, and Murray is having his best season so far as a Cowboy. I'm sure I will get accused off drinking the Jerry Jones Kool-Aid for this thread, but I do believe we have a decent Offense. I think Garrett has held it down with dumb play calling. Look deep and tell me what positive you have seen if any this season, we have enough negative threads.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to look hard on these threads to see a negative about this team, they have been bad overall. There is however a few positives, so maybe its not the end of the world. The O-line has gotten better every week, and Murray is having his best season so far as a Cowboy. I'm sure I will get accused off drinking the Jerry Jones Kool-Aid for this thread, but I do believe we have a decent Offense. I think Garrett has held it down with dumb play calling. Look deep and tell me what positive you have seen if any this season, we have enough negative threads.

I lost weight after the Detroit & Green bay losses.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost weight after the Detroit & Green bay losses.

So the Cowboys have made you healthier. Now that's a positive lol. Maybe you should try out for linebacker or safety since you have slimmed down, you couldn't be any worse than what we have.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0 against the NFC East with two to go.

Complete the sweep.

Win the division.

There's a lot of teams who would love to be in that position.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL is way better than the past few seasons. The addition of Frederick and Leary and growth of Smith has made tis unit much better. Special teams is much better than the past seasons.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL is way better than the past few seasons. The addition of Frederick and Leary and growth of Smith has made tis unit much better. Special teams is much better than the past seasons.

True, I forgot about the special teams. Oh and Baily has been a beast, does he ever miss a kick anymore? I like what I have seen from this O-line, now if they can only build the D-line. Being 4 and 0 in the division is nice as well, even though the division is down this season.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline. Murray. Special teams are way better. I liked the RB combo with Dunbar. I would love to see him healthy for a while. Bailey has been outstanding.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting an O-lineman in the 1st that worked out. (which showed commitment to making O-line better)
Finally switching back to the 4-3. Yes the Defense is horrible this year, but we never should have switched to a 3-4 to begin with. (fuckin' Parcels Grrr....)
Now we need a DC not afraid to play some Man to man.

Anyhow those two things are big pluses to me.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much hit on most of them:

-O-Line has been very solid
-Murray is a top tier back
-Special Teams (all around returns, coverage, Bailey)
-And I'll throw in T Williams showing some glimpses of what could be. I think the guy has a lot of talent and if he gets smarter, continues to improve his route running etc. could wind up being an absolute stud.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the season can get bad enough so someone can get into Jerry's ear and tell him to find someone--like Jimmy Johnson--who really understands how to evaluate talent, draft, etc. He sucks.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the season can get bad enough so someone can get into Jerry's ear and tell him to find someone--like Jimmy Johnson--who really understands how to evaluate talent, draft, etc. He sucks.

It has been reported that it was the opposite ..too many people in his ear.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well somebody has to yell loud enough so he can get out of the way and let 'real football' minds run the program.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well somebody has to yell loud enough so he can get out of the way and let 'real football' minds run the program.

Not that we don't agree with you, but your wasting your breath.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a positive? I'll give you a few
I'm POSITIVE our defense stinks
I'm POSITIVE we continue to make the same errors on offense and with clock management
I'm POSITIVE Jerry is an obstacle to our success

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a positive? I'll give you a few
I'm POSITIVE our defense stinks
I'm POSITIVE we continue to make the same errors on offense and with clock management
I'm POSITIVE Jerry is an obstacle to our success

So your positive about the negatives, not really what I was looking for. Its no secret our defense stinks, but to be honest I expected it to be less than stellar. Maybe not quiet as bad as it is but bad. It usually happens when you change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or the other way around. Errors with the clock management are easy fixes, and if our defense was better you would never even notice those flaws because they would be a non factor. As long as Jerry is breathing he will be an obstacle to our success, this is nothing new and won't be fixed anytime soon.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarco Murray is a stud and the O Line is young and physical

something to build on perhaps?

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errors with the clock management are easy fixes,

Yeah, their easy fixes, but there are only two fixes:

1) The coach quits making the errors
2) Get rid of the coach

It's not like clock management issues are mechanical deficiencies that take time and much repetition to correct, like how to throw a pass or kick onside. Clock management issues are a mental issue and JG, for all the supposed intelligence he has, continually has mental blocks on how to manage the clock. He just doesn't understand when the clock is on his side and when its on the opponent's side. And even if he does, he doesn't understand how to take advantage of it or to turn it to his favor.

My seven year old daughter understood it completely when I explained it to her Sunday. She got that the longer the Cowboys had the ball, the less the Packers would have the ball meaning the less opportunity they would have to score. Not JG, though. As soon as the Packers got that first TD of the second half, he went into panic mode and wanted to run up the score.

Contrary to Small Frye's opinion in the other thread, you don't put your foot on the kneck of your opponent by trying to score as quickly as you can. You put your foot on the kneck on your opponent by running the ball down his throat even when he knows that's what you are going to do, and after doing so for six to seven minutes you run it into the end zone and spike the football.

I am of the opinion that Fried is either closely related to or, in fact, is JG. :nod:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not getting this clock management thing in the second half. We had the ball 3 times before the first INT. The first possession was 12 plays counting the fg - 6 pass, 5 runs- 6:35 off the clock. The second drive - 1:08 came off the clock- 1st play was a very safe pass that was dropped by Murray. It wasnt a tough catch -high or low, he simply dropped it. 2nd play Inc pass. 3rd play sack. 3rd possession- TD 4:30 off the clock- I think it was 8 passes to 3 runs, maybe 2 but you have to take the points.

The fourth drive- yes I was surprised we came out throwing but we still got a first down. Unfortunately we needed 2. I just dont think you can sit on it right there. Sure we could have ran and made them drive 80 yrds in 2 minutes

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL has been better this year
Murray has looked good
Specials teams have been awesome this year after years of very subpar performance

And we are still fans of the Dallas Cowboys

We have a chance to make the playoffs

:suds: