• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we stop pretending like Joey Bosa is JJ Watt?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you! :L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shrug:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His father sucked

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he'll make a great Titan

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to google the name.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why, but i smell bust on this kid. Bust relative to expectations anyway.

We still havent seen the college version of jadaveon clowney

He doesn't have the skill set of Clowney. He does, however, have a much better work ethic. It will depend on a person's definition of "bust". He won't be the elite player that Watt is, but he will be a very good pro.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have the skill set of Clowney. He does, however, have a much better work ethic. It will depend on a person's definition of "bust". He won't be the elite player that Watt is, but he will be a very good pro.
Bust, probably only because he'll be drafted top 3, and not live up to that kind of billing.

He'll be a very good defender, but if you are spending a top 3 pick on a DE, he needs to be a sack-artist and game changer on the line. I just don't see that with him.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust, probably only because he'll be drafted top 3, and not live up to that kind of billing.

He'll be a very good defender, but if you are spending a top 3 pick on a DE, he needs to be a sack-artist and game changer on the line. I just don't see that with him.

I agree with this.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa is going to end up being a 3/4 DE/DT. Meaning he will likey never put up big numbers to justify his draft position.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you just pissed of the football gods and the Titans will take him instead of a god damn OT, way to go you just jinxed it....:L Poor little Mariota is gonna be running for his life again for another season...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's far easier to predict bust when a guy is picked top 5...so I won't go there.

He looks like a good player, good piece...not a true difference maker...in the right system, he will make some plays, but I don't think OCs will be game planning for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you just pissed of the football gods and the Titans will take him instead of a god damn OT, way to go you just jinxed it....:L Poor little Mariota is gonna be running for his life again for another season...

I think even the folks in TN running the asylum realize that have made a big investment in Mariota, and Lewan needs to be on the right side...in spite of the dysfunctional look in the FO...I expect Tunsil to be the pick.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's far easier to predict bust when a guy is picked top 5...so I won't go there.

He looks like a good player, good piece...not a true difference maker...in the right system, he will make some plays, but I don't think OCs will be game planning for him.
True, and that's why I don't like to use the term bust very often.

Such as when injury occurs: Ki-Jana wasn't a bust. He blew out his knee at a time where you simply never fully recovered from that. He hung around a few more years and had some decent stats, but never lived up to the billing. Bust? Hard to say with the knee injury.

Akili Smith: Bust. Fabulous bust. But a big difference between Carter and Smith.

As for Bosa, many will consider him a bust because of his draft position if he goes on to have a good, but not spectacular, career assuming a top 3-4-5 draft slot. Does that mean he's a bust? Not really, at least not to me. To me, it means the team failed to accurately project his college skills at the NFL level. That says more about the team/GM/Scouts than it does about the player.

I think he'll have a very nice career, but as you said, OC's are not going to be up late at night worrying over Joey Bosa like they do with JJ Watt.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and that's why I don't like to use the term bust very often.

Such as when injury occurs: Ki-Jana wasn't a bust. He blew out his knee at a time where you simply never fully recovered from that. He hung around a few more years and had some decent stats, but never lived up to the billing. Bust? Hard to say with the knee injury.

Akili Smith: Bust. Fabulous bust. But a big difference between Carter and Smith.

As for Bosa, many will consider him a bust because of his draft position if he goes on to have a good, but not spectacular, career assuming a top 3-4-5 draft slot. Does that mean he's a bust? Not really, at least not to me. To me, it means the team failed to accurately project his college skills at the NFL level. That says more about the team/GM/Scouts than it does about the player.

I think he'll have a very nice career, but as you said, OC's are not going to be up late at night worrying over Joey Bosa like they do with JJ Watt.

I'm not quite sure what he'll be yet, but I'm with you 100% on the bust label. Jarvis Jones is thought of as a bust by many Steeler fans, and I disagree entirely...not every player is going to be a stud...if they log 50% or better of the DEF/OFC snaps for 2 or 3 yrs...they have been of some service...maybe not the production you wanted for that slot in the draft.

A good example in CIN...Gresham...never panned out in CIN, but was he a bust?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sure what he'll be yet, but I'm with you 100% on the bust label. Jarvis Jones is thought of as a bust by many Steeler fans, and I disagree entirely...not every player is going to be a stud...if they log 50% or better of the DEF/OFC snaps for 2 or 3 yrs...they have been of some service...maybe not the production you wanted for that slot in the draft.

A good example in CIN...Gresham...never panned out in CIN, but was he a bust?
Yep.

As for Gresham, I think he was. He's not even done all that well in Arizona back with Palmer in a passing offense. The biggest issue with him is that he's mentally soft. Physically, he's a Gronk. Big. Strong. Fast. he just doesn't handle the mental aspect of the game at all. Lots of penalties, drops, poor routes. I think in his case, despite the usage rate, it was play because they had no one else and the fact that Marvin has a penchant for certain players, Gresham was one of them. Brandon Tate is another. This guy would not be on any other NFL team, let alone a contending team. Yet he continues to stick to the Bengals' roster like the stink of a playoff game loss.

But, I digress...We are in agreement with Bust labels for the most part, and we don't know what Bosa will do, but just watching him at OSU, I only see flashes at times, and not enough speed to be considered a real threat to sack anyone at the next level without some good CB coverage or real help along the DL that helps free him up. Anything can happen, though. No one ever saw Gronk or Watt coming.