• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can this be true?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just was on CBS in the Notre Dame page. Some poster was talking about various players going to transfer. Don't know if it's total bullshit or if there is truth to it. It mentions Folston and Bryant, just to name two players. Has anyone heard anything to confirm or deny this ?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to check it out before commenting. First off, I noted that the person who made that post clearly is a troll (of the Longhorns variety). Just scroll down quickly, he's the ND "fan" that just sees this team for what it is and every post is some sort of rip on the program. I wouldn't take him seriously. I also follow other boards who are usually all over these types of rumors and I've heard nothing. There was some question earlier in the year that Bryant was looking to transfer because he wasn't getting his reps. Those people all had egg on their faces when it was revealed that he isn't playing because he's injured. I know his father took to the internet to debunk the transfer rumors. That same poster said Redfield is transferring too, funny how its all our 5* guys, that all have seen significant PT as freshman, if not starting offense or defense certainly on special teams.

All that said, if I was a running back and I have seen the way this offense has been run this year, I'd be concerned. Before this week, I would have said it would be hard for a guy like Folston to complain, but after his lack of touches this week, I wouldn't blame him for being angry. Honestly, a good offensive line cures a lot of woes at RB and RB's are a dime a dozen. Its the defensive recruiting losses/transfers that would bother me more.

All in all, I think that poster is full of it.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input, sure hope you're right. It would just make me sick if we lost any more good players.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input, sure hope you're right. It would just make me sick if we lost any more good players.

Agreed. But the guy wrote that Folston already told the coaches thats where he's going (to what, presumably backup Freeman, Williams and Wilder at FSU?), without any source and nary a word of the sort from any other source? Doesn't really pass the smell test. The guys at ISD, Blue and Gold, ND Nation or any number of those sites would have jumped on such a story by now.

I'm guessing that guy read the rumors about Bryant and jumped on it. Those rumors were debunked by Bryant's father in the beginning of October.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know how may people here use to post in CBS forum but we did have a tool that showed up more than needed. He said he was ND fan but quickly you knew he was a tool. Comes out he was Texas fan and ND hater. He would throw out the dumbest things to get a rise out the ND faithful. All you had to do was say how bad Texas was and true colors would come out. He was kicked out of the forum I would say 4 or 5 times that I know only to come back in with another sign on name always saying he was fan.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LonghornsNd- douchenozzle - and atleast five other user names. What a tool indeed.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a guy was going to transfer it would have been out by now, at least if he had gone to the coaches and school about it.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is not true, but if they did, it would not surprise me. When you see guys like Farley and Jackson out there making a fool of themselves, and these young guys are not getting any looks. It has to make them think. Max was a 5 star, and for some reason he cannot see the field with this secondary. Man.....idk anymore.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....I have spoken to a friend of the family who teaches at ND. He told me that the Folsten and Bryant rumors are true. He is actually hearing this from "ND people" and not any outside source/media. Rumor has it they are not happy with playing time, not sure what this has to do with Bryant. Nothing on Max has been heard. I also asked him about BK and losing the locker room. This is what he told me "On the locker room, three things: First, Kelly gave them the off-week off, just as he has in prior years. They're here and they're working, but the captains are more-or-less in charge. Second, the rumors have been linked to non-starters who, to me, have less credibility. And third, although always the way when the team falls short, Kelly has suffered less in credibility with players than any prior coach in my tenure, apart from Holtz."......He is worried that things are going to chance if they lose to BYU and get spanked by Stanford, I can see that too....so thought I would let you fellas in on what I heard.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if there's any truth to these rumors, I'd note yet again it's the Florida players that are dis-satisfied with their ND experience. Lynch, Prestwood, hell at one point we were at risk of losing Nix. All fla guys. Both Foldton and Bryant are Fla guys too. They seem to have a problem leaving the state and also seem to feel the most entitled. Part of Nix's problem was he wasn't starting. Lynch acted like we were lucky to have him. Again I get Folston's frustration but it seems he's getting more reps until last week anyway. And Bryant can't really complain if he's injured. That said well see how they handle their first winter in south bend.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching what Folston can do there is simply no reason not to feed him the ball.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching what Folston can do there is simply no reason not to feed him the ball.

4 carries...what a joke! How BK could do that is mind boggling!!