• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Syracuse beat Virginia???

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me Virginia has very quietly made their way to the top of the ACC and I have yet to watch one of their games. From their stats, I see they have big guards who all can shoot 3's and not so big under the boards. Fact is; lately they have been beating every team, home and away. They play a lot of people; usually 9 each game. This is the same team who lost to Tennessee by 35 points in December. Syracuse is better than Tennessee; does that mean this one is a "walk-over"....Don't think so.

Syracuse needs to make a statement Monday night at Maryland and get ready for the Saturday game with Virginia which, if it means anything, is for the ACC championship which we all though was locked up 2 weeks ago.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Syracuse beat them? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Virginia is playing well but they are nothing to be feared offensively. They are a great defensive team. Obviously Cuse is as well.

It will most likely be a dog fight but Virginia is definitely not the type of team that would give Cuse and the zone fits.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Cuse can beat Virginia that's an odd question. Our defense will probably be one of the best they have gone up against and our ability to pound it down low might not help there cause either. Virginia can also win, they are clearly a good team. Match ups will be interesting.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Way To Early

Can Syracuse beat Virginia Thread???

SU has a game against Maryland first. But Hell Yeah!

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope uva wins at home . va is a team no one person will beat you every night . if they need to go inside toby, Mitchell and gill . outside harris , brogdon and London . they having problem with innis here comes super sub Anderson to shut him down . go hoos sorry but cuse is overrated !!!

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Cuse can beat Virginia that's an odd question. Our defense will probably be one of the best they have gone up against and our ability to pound it down low might not help there cause either. Virginia can also win, they are clearly a good team. Match ups will be interesting.

mmmmm we are a good D team but I would say Wisconsin is great on D . the vols game was an eye opener . uva has been untouchable since . duke the ref gave them the game we lost .

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope uva wins at home . va is a team no one person will beat you every night . if they need to go inside toby, Mitchell and gill . outside harris , brogdon and London . they having problem with innis here comes super sub Anderson to shut him down . go hoos sorry but cuse is overrated !!!

First wtf did you just say? Second :loco2:

Third :hdn:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmmmm we are a good D team but I would say Wisconsin is great on D . the vols game was an eye opener . uva has been untouchable since . duke the ref gave them the game we lost .

Like I said its going to be a good game.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Cuse can beat UVA. But UVA can also definitely beat Cuse. That's the beauty of CBB. UVA will be looking for it's biggest win of the season. Top ten teams always play with a target on their backs, so Va will be gunning for them. They are also solid at home, with their only loss coming to Wisky, back in early December. I think that the crowd will be a force, and Cuse's only two wins against RPI top 100 teams have been against St John's in MSG (not really a road game), and the miracle shot @ Pitt. So this will definitely be a test.

Honestly, I think it will be a great game. On paper, Cuse should win, but closer analysis shows that UVA is playing solid basketball right now. Really, it's anyone's game. If UVA plays their game, the the kind of ball they've been playing the last month plus, they can certainly beat Cuse. I think it will matter more on whether Cuse plays like they have against Pitt, Nc St, and BC, or if they play the way they have against Duke, UNC, VT, etc.

Also, Cuse is not going to want to overlook MD before they even get to VA. MD is no slouch at home recently, and can certainly stun Cuse if they don't focus on this game first. It's CBB, road games are always tough, and environments get extra hostile at the end of the season. VA is playing good ball, should be a dogfight.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be a good game no one gets calls at duke so don't feel bad about that loss.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be a good game no one gets calls at duke so don't feel bad about that loss.

Angry is more like it, yeh next weekend it should be a good one for sure, I am looking forward to it.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hilarious if Cuse goes 90% of the reg season undefeated and then still loses the conference. I enjoyed how their HOF coach downplayed their chances of winning after the foul. He's basically insinuating his players should quit vs adversity late in games. He was obviously passive aggressive but was not going to be the scapegoat for the L. If Virginia wins the reg and the tourney I believe Cuse has a probable chance of losing a 1 seed.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hilarious if Cuse goes 90% of the reg season undefeated and then still loses the conference. .

lol...Look who is back. Where have ya been dayne? ya disappeared there for a while. I guess what Wisconsin went through was pretty embarrassing.

I enjoyed how their HOF coach.

You should enjoy SU's HOF Coach. He's in the running for it again this year. Vote for him. It's a great experience to see him work huh.

downplayed their chances of winning after the foul. He's basically insinuating his players should quit vs adversity late in games. He was obviously passive aggressive but was not going to be the scapegoat for the L. ..

:think:Is this what the Ouija Board told you? :crazy: That's pretty deep for a crazy 8 ball.

If Virginia wins the reg and the tourney I believe Cuse has a probable chance of losing a 1 seed.

If? SU is barely hanging on to the one line now.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my opinion but it's a logical opinion. The coach placed the final nail in the coffin and with his post game interview he promotes capitulating and throwing tantrums despite still have a chance to win near the end of games. Although that's what will be understood by the press and maybe some of the players.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my opinion but it's a logical opinion. The coach placed the final nail in the coffin and with his post game interview he promotes capitulating and throwing tantrums despite still have a chance to win near the end of games. Although that's what will be understood by the press and maybe some of the players.

Sure it didn't help with his tantrum. We would of had to foul on there inbound, they make at least one, we need a desperation 3, they make two we are fucked. BUT his tantrum should have never happened, no call or block all day. He's never been ejected or acted like that in 38 years and I actually liked to see that passion at his old age. Put it like this, I'd rather lose with his outburst than lose without it.

Either way Duke and Cuse split and his outburst coupled with the first games OT makes for good future Cuse Duke games.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen Virginia in person play at UWGB and yes they do have a very good team now compared to then. They are playing outstanding basketball on defense and offense since the blow out vs. Tenn. I still think Syracuse is more then capable of winning at Virginia but they will need to hit some outside shots. First things first win a tough road game at Maryland.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen Virginia in person play at UWGB and yes they do have a very good team now compared to then. They are playing outstanding basketball on defense and offense since the blow out vs. Tenn. I still think Syracuse is more then capable of winning at Virginia but they will need to hit some outside shots. First things first win a tough road game at Maryland.

Marylands hungry after almost beating Duke. I am sure they will go hard, well any team verse Cuse has gone hard, when your ranked, especially top ten you get the best of every team.

Our guys are hungry too, so is Boeheim apparently. Lol.