• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp opens in less than a week

april

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It going to be a long season, with plenty of questions. I really like like the Chris Ivory pick up. The qb Position is still a huge question. Kevin Winslow could be a big help if he is healthy. I think the defense will be ok. Stephen Hill has size & speed, but he has to stop dropping passes. So at this point it really is a wait and see how thing work out.:rollseyes:

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It going to be a long season, with plenty of questions. I really like like the Chris Ivory pick up. The qb Position is still a huge question. Kevin Winslow could be a big help if he is healthy. I think the defense will be ok. Stephen Hill has size & speed, but he has to stop dropping passes. So at this point it really is a wait and see how thing work out.:rollseyes:

Sooo pumped.

I love seasons with low expectations......obviously, I'd rather have a solid team to root for, but it's nice going into a season not being a major story line for a change.......so onto your points:

Chris Ivory: LOVE THIS PICK UP AS WELL......very underrated move by the jets, a common place this off season, Idzik is off to a great start IMO......loved what i saw out of him in new orleans.....i know, lets not get ahead of ourselves, it was easy for him to find space in NO, but he has proven with space he can do damage, something the jets have longed for in a back since leon washington..........mcknight has potential; however that has yet to be reached.

I also like Powell, i see no need to keep goodson if the charges stand and he gets some sort of suspension etc.

QB position: Obviously the #1 story line of camp.......going into camp, i'd like to see sanchez starter week 1, the first 9 games are brutal and no need to throw smith in there just to get smashed

HOWEVER

If Smith looks more than ready in preseason, roll with it.......Smith, Ivory, Kerley, Hill, Holmes (when healthy)........that will be fun to watch against lesser defenses.

Winslow: Jets need him to be huge, and that has about a .000001% chance of happening......i am actually one of the few who dont think their WR core is all that bad.......their TE core is pathetic however and if winslow can play, another underrated pick up will be had

I am pumped to watch the front 7, they are going to be FLYING around the field

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Ivory pick too! I think if he stays healthy he will be a big upgrade over Shonn Greene. This is a guy who can break tackles and make guys miss. I can see a 1,200+ yard rusher, with a good average.

Also, I think Mike Goodson was a good pickup. Despite the ongoing investigation with him, I think hes a talented runner. Hes our most explosive RB. Hes a good pass catcher out of the backfield and brings big play ability.

The OL has some depth for once and should have some good competition. I expect rookie Brian Winters to win the starting OG spot and Willie Colon to start at the other spot. I think Howard will beat out Oday for the RT spot, I like that they have Howard competing though so he can't get complacent.

The thing I have heard is that this year this team has their hunger back. That the past couple of seasons they had old fat cats that were whiny. Now they got younger players who are hungry and want to compete. This is the change Idzik wants to bring and I think it suits Rex Ryan, who I ahve not given up on yet!

I also love the Marty Mornhinweg hire, I think hes a very good OC. His resume speaks for itself, tons of top 10 offenses. Easily a massive upgrade over Tony Sparano who is a OL coach, nothing more.

I expect Geno Smith to get the starting QB gig at some point, I can't wait to see him in preseason games though! From what I have haerd, hes clearly more talented than Mark. Just throws a better ball, tighter spiral and has a stronger arm. This guy I follow on twitter has connections with Jets players and he said a Jets player told him that guys were lining up to watch Geno sling the rock, that its a thing of beauty the spirals he throws. But can he learn this system?

Our defense looks strong. We should be good at CB, we are deep and talented at the position. Our pass rush may finally be legit, I'm excited with Coples playing outside and getting more playing time. Wilkerson is emerging as a elite player on the line and I think Richardson will be a stud. Excited about Rex calling the plays again, the defense should be back to being aggressive.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
camp opens in 36 hours, top 3 picks unsigned, i know idzik is very strong with his beliefs and wont give on on the offsets, however these guys need to be in camp...............i agree on not giving in on the offsets, but you need to give them some money upfront if you want the offsets

wont get that upset unless they miss camp time