• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calvin Pryor or HaHa CLinton-Dix - Who do you like?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Dallas selects a Safety in first round, and these two are available (neither of which is a given), who do you like?

I'm going with Clinton-Dix. The combine did nothing to separate the two in terms of physicality, so I'm going with available tape. On tape Clinton-Dix looks more like a true center fielder, which is what Dallas needs. Clinton-Dix has a pretty good knack for being around the ball and capitalizing on mistakes and the occasional loose ball. When I watch Pryor, he is always just a split second late to the ball in the air in the secondary. Sure, Pryor is a more physical player, and he would probably be my choice if Dallas were in need of a Strong Safety, but I like Clinton-Dix skill set better as a compliment to the talent Dallas already has.

I hope we are laughing come draft day. How about you?

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dix is a much better choice for us. I am still torn on Pryor. I wouldn't be uspest with drafting him, but with Dix I would be happy. I don't really care about the combine though.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor reminds me of Roy Williams. Can he cover better than Roy did? Dix seems like a weak tackler. Neither really did anything special at the combine. High bust potential for dix. Would prefer Pryor

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Dallas selects a Safety in first round, and these two are available (neither of which is a given), who do you like?

I'm going with Clinton-Dix. The combine did nothing to separate the two in terms of physicality, so I'm going with available tape. On tape Clinton-ill Dix looks more like a true center fielder, which is what Dallas needs. Clinton-Dix has a pretty good knack for being around the ball and capitalizing on mistakes and the occasional loose ball. When I watch Pryor, he is always just a split second late to the ball in the air in the secondary. Sure, Pryor is a more physical player, and he would probably be my choice if Dallas were in need of a Strong Safety, but I like Clinton-Dix skill set better as a compliment to the talent Dallas already has.

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

#Roll Tide!!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor reminds me of Roy Williams. Can he cover better than Roy did? Dix seems like a weak tackler. Neither really did anything special at the combine. High bust potential for dix. Would prefer Pryor

I'm no scout, and I haven't watched a ton of Clinton-Dix play but, from what I have seen he looks like a willing tackler. And he played in the SEC among a lot of other NFL caliber prospects. And we don't need a big hitter, we need a guy who can cover.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going with Clinton-Dix. The combine did nothing to separate the two in terms of physicality, so I'm going with available tape. On tape Clinton-Dix looks more like a true center fielder, which is what Dallas needs. Clinton-Dix has a pretty good knack for being around the ball and capitalizing on mistakes and the occasional loose ball. When I watch Pryor, he is always just a split second late to the ball in the air in the secondary. Sure, Pryor is a more physical player, and he would probably be my choice if Dallas were in need of a Strong Safety, but I like Clinton-Dix skill set better as a compliment to the talent Dallas already has.

What talent are you talking about on defense? WE HAVE NO TALENT OR DEPTH ON DEFENSE.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id prefer a DT in the first and Dion Bailey in the second. As for Pryor or Haha either will be fine with me.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have said Dix , but hearing Mayock even mention Bob Sanders clone when describing Pryor- easily sways me to Pryor.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dix is a much better choice for us. I am still torn on Pryor. I wouldn't be uspest with drafting him, but with Dix I would be happy. I don't really care about the combine though.

Agreed. But I meant just in terms of one of the two coming up a dud at the combine. For instance, let's say one ran a 4.8 while the other 4.58 in the 40 yd dash. I would have to give that some significant consideration. But seeing as the measurables were all pretty close, for me, it strictly comes down to the eyeball test.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have said Dix , but hearing Mayock even mention Bob Sanders clone when describing Pryor- easily sways me to Pryor.

I like Mayock, and I think he is more often right about the draft prospects than most. Certainly blows Kiper out of the water, IMO. But I still want Clinton-Dix.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mayock, and I think he is more often right about the draft prospects than most. Certainly blows Kiper out of the water, IMO. But I still want Clinton-Dix.

I like Mayock also

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not switching horses half way through the race

Clinton-Dix

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes a run support safety is what this team is missing. Coverage wise we are golden.....

:L

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So a small undersized safety who has injury problems....a beast on the field but cant stay on the field......hell lets ask Lee to loose 30 pounds and move him to safety

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But I meant just in terms of one of the two coming up a dud at the combine. For instance, let's say one ran a 4.8 while the other 4.58 in the 40 yd dash. I would have to give that some significant consideration. But seeing as the measurables were all pretty close, for me, it strictly comes down to the eyeball test.

but they literally ran the same 40 time and 40 time is the most irrelevant thing ever

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a small undersized safety who has injury problems....a beast on the field but cant stay on the field......hell lets ask Lee to loose 30 pounds and move him to safety

Why would he not be able to stay on the field? I don't think that is what he was referring to with clone. Sanders was great for a very short period. A Sanders clone would absolutely be worth the #16 pick and would help our team incredibly...I don't see him as a Sanders clone though and I sure don't see him as a Roy Williams clone..

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he not be able to stay on the field? I don't think that is what he was referring to with clone. Sanders was great for a very short period. A Sanders clone would absolutely be worth the #16 pick and would help our team incredibly...I don't see him as a Sanders clone though and I sure don't see him as a Roy Williams clone..

We could only hope he is a Sanders clone.

The difference in the Colts winning a Superbowl was Sanders being healthy and on the field. That's a difference maker

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Im assuming Mayock meant his playing style when referring to Sander's clone. I cant imagine Mike Mayock ripping a player of that caliber for injury problems and comparing him to someone that isnt in the league yet. In other words Mayock wasnt taking a shot at Bob Sanders. Bob Sanders= difference maker. Honestly, I have never noticed the guy. Ive seen plenty of the Alabama guy. He is a nice player as well. I dont think he is as good as the Reid guy from the 49ers though. Yes, Im putting all my trust in Mayock on this one.