• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caldwell to IR - Armon Binns promoted

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Binns as a college player.... Thought he had the look of an NFL prospect, but he went undrafted. Maybe one of you draft gurus can tell me about all of his flaws.

As for Caldwell...... See you later Andre. Some great plays, some big moments, but also some world-class blunders.

Speaking of receivers - Anyone interested in seeing Whalen get more time? I'm excited to see if he can make the jump next year and be a real option as a 2nd or 3rd receiver.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I have seen of Whalen so far.....he has intelligence and good hands....two things Caldwell lacked....he seems to run routes well, now it's time to give him a look and see if he can get open consistently......

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to see Whalen get more time. Also I always thought Binns had the look of a good NFL prospect too.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Scouts Inc had about him at the draft:

Production 3 2007: Played in seven games on special teams and at wide receiver, catching one pass. 2008: Played in nne games on special teams and at wide receiver, catching one pass. 2009: (13/13) 61 receptions, 888 yards (14.6 avg), 11 TD. 2010: (12/12) 75 receptions, 1,101 yards (14.7), 10 TD.
Height-Weight-Speed 2 Above average height, above average top end speed and average bulk.
Durability 2 Played 2009 Pittsburgh game with a shoulder injury.
Intangibles 3 Brother Marques played at Oregon and Grambling State. Tough and plays through pain.

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal
Wide Receiver Specific Traits

Separation Skills 4 Limited route tree runner. Struggles to quickly drop weight and transition out of lateral in and out cuts. Also does not possess elite suddenness and burst to consistently separate from man coverage. Most affective running post, fades, go, digs and double moves. Can uncover against zone coverage and has a natural feel for intermediate to deep soft spots outside of the hashes. Struggles to get clean release off of press coverage.
Ball Skills 2 Big hands and can snatch the ball out of the air. Tracks the deep ball well and can make over-the shoulder catches without breaking stride. Can open hips and adjust to passes thrown outside frame. Times leaps well and can win in one-on-one jump ball situations . However, will have an occasional mental lapse and drop a few throws he should make.
Big play ability 3 Has the size, speed and body control to develop into a legitimate vertical threat at the NFL level. The one concern is his release. Takes too long to get off press coverage and a long strider that's not explosive enough to consistently recover when gets slowed down at the line of scrimmage. Not an elusive or open field runner but fluid truing upfield and speed makes him dangerous after the catch.
Competitiveness/ Toughness 3 Can step up and make plays in high-pressure situations. Not afraid to work the middle of the field but can prematurely fall to the ground in an effort to stay away from the big hit. Inconsistent effort when not the primary receiver. Gives good effort as a run blocker and effective when attempting to cut block defenders downfield.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, the report on his is pretty decent, but that he lacks the ideal separationg at the LOS to really take advantage of his height and above average top end speed. Getting off the line so slowing negates just about everything he can do well because by the time he gets to where he needs to be...the play is going to be over.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Give Hawkins more looks in the slot. That guy is a gem.