• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Butch Jones and Jim Harbaugh Are Both 6-5 in Their Last 11 Games

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, I guess that means Meyer doesn't have much regard for his back-up QBs.
Probably, but they still have a shot at winning the conference and making the playoffs and the offense hasn't looked like absolute dog shit for the entire season, so...

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but they still have a shot at winning the conference and making the playoffs and the offense hasn't looked like absolute dog shit for the entire season, so...

So what?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't make changes for the sake of making changes when you are actually playing for something. If your offense looks horrible while playing mediocre teams, a change should be made. If the offense is putting up 50 a game for the last 3 weeks, you don't just change QB's.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't make changes for the sake of making changes when you are actually playing for something. If your offense looks horrible while playing mediocre teams, a change should be made. If the offense is putting up 50 a game for the last 3 weeks, you don't just change QB's.

Even to give those QBs "game experience" (to prepare for next year) in those games against mediocre teams?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even to give those QBs "game experience" (to prepare for next year) in those games against mediocre teams?
If you can't tell the difference between Michigan playing meaningless games when it comes to conference titles and national playoffs and Ohio state playing games that actually matter, wanting to get style points in the eyes of the committee, needing to build up confidence in their quarterback before the playoffs so they don't get blanked again; then there is no need to talk to you anymore because you will never be able to hold an intelligent sports conversation.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to compare Davis and Harbaugh or Harbaugh and Hoke is ludicrous. . .

Excerpts from Jim Harbaugh could still accomplish something at Michigan this season that has only happened twice since 1978

"Is [Harbaugh] the right guy for the job? Absolutely, and anyone who says otherwise and feel they should make a change is crazy. I think it's comical when someone throws up a comparison of Jim Harbaugh to Butch Jones, or even Brady Hoke. It’s been popping up lately and it's far from reality because those pictures do not capture the full picture of what's happening inside those programs under those head coaches. Let me explain this in greater detail. . .

"If you're a reasonable Michigan fan, you would agree that what Jim Harbaugh has been able to do is impressive. If he can pull out another 10-win season, it will only be the third time a Michigan coach has had three consecutive 10-win seasons since 1978. The last two happened with Lloyd Carr (1997-1999) and Bo Schembechler (1976-1978). . .

"While fans are frustrated and impatient, they must remain patient at this point in the ride. Nobody knows exactly when that next big hill will come with a Big Ten title or College Football Playoff appearance. Chances are it happens quicker with who is managing the ride and coaching right now than anyone else who would come in after him. If you aren't a fan of what's going on in Ann Arbor right now, then get off the ride. Or stay on board and evaluate your expectations, knowing that nobody wants it more than the individuals inside that program at Schembechler Hall."

This ^^^^ is just what I've been saying on this board. Except for a few alarmists, most Michigan fans agree with David Noe.

I've been going back to Hoke's first couple years on the job. The narrative and rhetoric are much the same.
Reading the comments from the kool-aid drinkers is the best.
Here's a good example...
Brady Hoke's Michigan football recruiting pitch? All team, all the time

I have yet to go back and read the hype for when RichRod was hired.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hehehehe

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a photoshop when I see one and these are bad photoshops.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't tell the difference between Michigan playing meaningless games when it comes to conference titles and national playoffs and Ohio state playing games that actually matter, wanting to get style points in the eyes of the committee, needing to build up confidence in their quarterback before the playoffs so they don't get blanked again; then there is no need to talk to you anymore because you will never be able to hold an intelligent sports conversation.

Spartan folk can be good people...

michigan-the-results.jpg