• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls Make An Offer For Kevin Love

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers » Blog Archive Report: The Bulls Made An Offer For Kevin Love

Kevin Love made a lot of noise this past weekend when he visited Boston and was seen with Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo. The Celtics have some pieces which could be intriguing in any potential trade offer, but according to reports, the Bulls have already made an offer of their own to the Timberwolves.

Via Jackie MacMullan of ESPN Boston, the Bulls have contacted the ‘Wolves regarding a Love trade:

The Timberwolves privately maintain they already have fielded better offers from other teams, among them the Chicago Bulls, who can offer draft picks and some combination of Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson along with Carlos Boozer, whose bloated $16.8 million contract expires next summer and represents the kind of cap space rebuilding teams crave.

If you are Kevin Love and can choose to join a team with top dogs Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah or Rondo and Jeff Green, which way are you leaning?

A trio of Rose, Noah and Love would immediaty ault the Bulls back into contention in the Eastern Conference. Butler and Gibson are key pieces in the rotation, and integral to what Tom Thibodeau does on the defensive end, but it feels like a fair price for the Bulls if it means landing a 25-year-old franchise player.

GIVE ME!!

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for both teams, I don't think the wolves can do better than this.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches attract players and Tom T is a great one. To me, as long as Bulls show they have a plan they should be more attractive than Celts. Now I am a Celts fan, but I can see reality. Somebody will give Minny enough. Its going down in the next few weeks .

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why Minny would be interested in clearing cap room? They are like Dallas, FA's don't come here. If I were them I'd be more focused on actual players, and ones under contract for more than a year.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches attract players and Tom T is a great one. To me, as long as Bulls show they have a plan they should be more attractive than Celts. Now I am a Celts fan, but I can see reality. Somebody will give Minny enough. Its going down in the next few weeks .
Reportedly, Boston made Minnesota an offer, though. It just isn’t good enough.

Jackie MacMullan of ESPNBoston.com:

The Timberwolves privately maintain they already have fielded better offers from other teams, among them the Chicago Bulls

On the merits, the Celtics can make pretty intriguing offers – more on that later – but they might have to come substantially stronger than other teams, because Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor and president/coach Flip Saunders don’t jive with Boston.

MacMullan:

Taylor still hasn’t recovered from the last seismic Minnesota-Boston transaction, which led to a Celtics championship. In fact, sources in Minnesota say, the thought of conducting another major transaction with Boston gives Taylor great pause.

Some of McHale’s friends, including Ainge, felt Saunders undermined McHale, his former college teammate, during his final days in Minnesota.

When Doc Rivers hired Saunders as a “postseason consultant” for the Celtics during the 2012 playoffs, the interaction between Flip and Ainge was minimal and noticeably cool.

Report: Bulls have made better trade offer than Celtics for Kevin Love | ProBasketballTalk

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls will have to give up a couple key youngsters. Probably their two 1st rounders as well considering where they are.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end I think he will go to the team that is the number one place he wants to go to.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the wolves would prefer our two first round draft picks more than gibson or butler. I dont think they would be interest in helping us with boozer. We just dont want to see Gibson go. He can backup the 4 and 5 which we need. I think Kevin Love is a better fit for the bulls than carmello, but if it means Gibson wont start or end up traded, its not a good sign.

We dont know what that Mirotic is gonna do, Minny might like the rights to him more than one of our guys anyway. Mirotic would probably do better in Minny than chicago anyway. So swap Mirotic, two first rounders and I'd even give up the first rounder in 2016 (cant trade consecutive first round picks) and let Minny build what they want.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm interesting

"Team presidents don't typically volunteer for this kind of double-duty if they plan on restarting a rebuilding effort that is already a decade in the making. That means it's far more likely that he'll look long and hard at getting proven players in return (such as the Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls can offer) than he is draft picks (Sacramento Kings and Boston Celtics). The Timberwolves haven't been to the postseason since Saunders and Kevin Garnett took them to the conference finals in 2004, and Love isn't the only one who refuses to be irrelevant any longer.

Timberwolves fans still lament the loss of Garnett to the Celtics in 2007 may storm the Target Center if Minnesota sends another Kevin to Beantown, especially after what took place last weekend."

more here:

Kevin Love won't be wowed by new coach Flip Saunders

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"rajon rondo and jeff green"

more rondo and sully.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably take C's or Bulls, bc of the questionable DRose.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the wolves would prefer our two first round draft picks more than gibson or butler. I dont think they would be interest in helping us with boozer. We just dont want to see Gibson go. He can backup the 4 and 5 which we need. I think Kevin Love is a better fit for the bulls than carmello, but if it means Gibson wont start or end up traded, its not a good sign.

We dont know what that Mirotic is gonna do, Minny might like the rights to him more than one of our guys anyway. Mirotic would probably do better in Minny than chicago anyway. So swap Mirotic, two first rounders and I'd even give up the first rounder in 2016 (cant trade consecutive first round picks) and let Minny build what they want.

the money has to work so boozer will most likely be apart of the trade if there is one

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rose is hurt yet again, it wont make much difference. They're a title contender with Rose and without Love.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its not for Gibson and Butler

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the money has to work so boozer will most likely be apart of the trade if there is one

Money does not have to work on a draft day deal. Its the one day of the year they do not need to match. They would need to match now, but since boozer is at 16 and Love is at 15.7 if the numbers had to match it would be a one for one deal that you might as well just play love next year and let him walk for nothing.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anidiot, I agree with you. getting Boozer is only a means to make the trade work fiscally this year. Chicago has to give value equal to Love and excluding Boozer.