• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buck up UGA

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All is not lost. We could still, theoretically, compete for the SEC east.

Carolina showed a lot of weaknesses in their first two games, it's very possible that they lose a couple of SEC games.

RBs
Samuel showed his bruising down hill running ability, and Crowell looked great.

OL
While protection could have been better, the o-line played much better than last week and really got some good pushing & blocking for the RBs.

WRs
There were a couple of dropped passes, but Mitchell, King, Wooten and Bennet all had some good plays and showed improvement from the Boise game.

QB
Murray had a great drive after throwing a pick, he went 8 for 8 during that scoring drive. Murray seems to get better all the time, but he is still too inconsistent. I think he tries to do too much himself.

Defense
If you look at it from the right angle, the defense only gave up 17 points. 21 points were scored off of turnovers and 7 was given up by the special teams unit on that punt. The defense got pressure on Garcia and while Lattimore still had a good game, he did not abuse the middle of the line like last year.

There is a silver lining, you just have to look really, really hard.

Like Richt said in the news conference, the teams is young and they will get better as the season goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat Florida and it's possible. USC has to lose 2 games though. It's very likely. It's just very unlikely UGA wins out

GO DAWGS!!!

Huetrang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re:

I'm not sure how you got deferred with that gpa but its probably because you didn't take many ap's and your SATs weren't high but I said you probably have a good chance.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you got deferred with that gpa but its probably because you didn't take many ap's and your SATs weren't high but I said you probably have a good chance.

ronconfused.gif

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN.com senior writer Ivan Maisel was at Saturdays game in Athens and was impressed by what he saw on the field from the Georgia Bulldogs.

In fact, he was so impressed with Georgia, the only team that has played two ranked opponents so far, that he concluded that down the stretch if Mark Richts team plays the way it played Saturday, it will contend for the Southeastern Conference East Division championship.

But Maisel wasnt impressed by the fan support in the stands at Sanford Stadium.

When Richt said after the game that he saw an awful lot of really great ingredients on this football team, Maisel noted that when Georgia fans hear that, the only ingredient they reach for is a grain of salt. They shouldnt. They should listen.

Richt said he saw the toughness and resiliency of his team in the losing effort against South Carolina, but Maisel said, Too bad his teams fans didnt. Judging by how long it took them to get SEC loud, they came to the game tentative. They didnt come in expecting Georgia to play well. If Bulldogs fans are honest with themselves, they wont point a finger until theyre standing in front of a mirror.

He went on: If the Georgia fans hit the pause button on their complaints about what their team hasnt done, they might see a team that improved markedly from the one that lost to No. 5 Boise State, 35-21, last week. If the red-and-black faithful stop batting their eyes at Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen long enough, they might notice a Bulldogs team that fulfilled the essence of the breed.

Thats a pretty devastating knock on a fan base that prides itself on its loyalty. But Im not sure its fully justified.

After all, the Dogs looked pretty bad in the Georgia Dome against the Broncos and yet a poll last week found 65 percent of UGA fans still supported Richt despite all the doom and gloom and hot seat talk.

OK, I think probably because of the uninspired way the Dogs lost the previous week to Boise State (exacerbating a general malaise hanging over the program the past couple of seasons), the crowd at the South Carolina game did perhaps start out a bit tentative Saturday. The pregame wasnt as loud as you would have expected at the seasons SEC home opener against Steve Spurrier and the Gamecocks.

And the first half didnt do much to get them excited, with the Dogs looking fine between the 20s but squandering opportunities to put the game away by having to settle for too many field goal attempts when they got in the red zone.

But once the offense started to get on track in the second half, the UGA fans were pretty loud and supportive. Ill admit, I did wonder about those fans who packed up and started to leave when Carolina went up by 10, despite there being 3:12 left on the clock and Georgia having all three of its timeouts. You have to wonder whether those folks just come for the social experience and are more concerned with beating the traffic crush than backing the Dogs to the end.

But most of the crowd stayed put and stayed loud as Georgia narrowed the gap to 3 points, with the flood to the gates only really getting under way after the Dogs failed to recover the onside kick and the chance at one more comeback was lost.

I dont think fan support is the problem at UGA. OK, maybe a lot of folks arrived at the stadium expecting the worst, but the place was still packed and the fans were into the game.

And while a loss is still a loss and moral victories generally mean nothing, most of the Georgia fans Ive encountered actually came away from the South Carolina game feeling encouraged by what they saw a promising team that fought hard, didnt give up, and which lost mainly because of mistakes, not lack of effort or talent.

How about you? Do you think Maisels knock on the Georgia fans was unwarranted? Do you feel better about the Dogs; chances this season than you did a week ago?

Itll be interesting to see what the game day atmosphere is like this week with an underwhelming opponent coming to town. As of Monday, there were less than 500 tickets (which Coastal Carolina had returned) still available for the game. Will UGAs streak of sold-out games continue? And how many folks holding tickets to the game will actually show up?

Hopefully, most of the seats will be filled. So what if this isnt exactly a compelling match-up? Its Saturday in Athens and a chance to see the Dogs playing Between the Hedges!

Join me there and lets show Maisel and the rest of the college football crowd that Bulldogs fans are indeed loud and proud, no matter what.

Do UGA fans deserve to be called out? | UGA: The Junkyard Blawg

Last edited by a moderator:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the seats will always be filled. It's embarrassing as hell seeing your supposed fellow fans leaving the game early though. I wanna punch those dicks in the face

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ours leave early these days even when we're winning. I hate that shit.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your two toughest games are now over with, luckily you play Coastal Carolina next, so you can recover and finish the season strong, you could even win out and be 10-2

South Carolina does have to lose two games though.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your two toughest games are now over with, luckily you play Coastal Carolina next, so you can recover and finish the season strong, you could even win out and be 10-2

South Carolina does have to lose two games though.

it's possible considering how inconsistent the SEC East is & Garcia is. Luckily for USC they can rely on Lattimore to win every single game

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the seats will always be filled. It's embarrassing as hell seeing your supposed fellow fans leaving the game early though. I wanna punch those dicks in the face

Last weekend, at one point, the announcer said that some of the fans that were leaving were coming back.

Fucking D-bags... If the guy beside me was like fuck it & left, then tried to come back a little later... I'd like to knock his out, but I'd probably just tell him what kind of piece of shit he is and let the chips fall where they may.

AC1

from the Internet!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuck people who leave early. My roommate wanted to leave the Boise game in the 3rd quarter.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have smothered him in his sleep that night. :spy:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's possible considering how inconsistent the SEC East is & Garcia is. Luckily for USC they can rely on Lattimore to win every single game

chances are South Carolina will lose to Auburn and Kentucky.

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not trying to get this forum off topic but at UT games the student section is GOD AWFUL. They leave early consistently and unless its a close game will be mostly gone by half. The alumni are great and even stay to hear the Tennessee Waltz at the end of games but besides that the student sections too drunk to stay in their seat another minute

AC1

from the Internet!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So many UGA fans are just fucking stupid. Far too many.

Like yelling obscenities upon seeing a draw play from our own 2 yard line on 3rd and 17 or so.
There aren't a lot of plays for 3rd and 17... would you really rather risk a 15% conversion percentage that goes along with a (purely guessing with these percentages by the way) 10% risk of a safety?

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many UGA fans are just fucking stupid. Far too many.

Like yelling obscenities upon seeing a draw play from our own 2 yard line on 3rd and 17 or so.
There aren't a lot of plays for 3rd and 17... would you really rather risk a 15% conversion percentage that goes along with a (purely guessing with these percentages by the way) 10% risk of a safety?

exactly. See, I'm the fan that :L the previous 2 plays & false start before that

The fans you refer to are probably drunk, or chicks

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO DAWGS!!! Much to complain about today(ahem Murray/Bobo)
But we won and I'm happy. So screw it

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugliest win of the year against Vandy:L:L
Was fucking ridiculous. We better not play like that against UF & Auburn