• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bruins Hosting Penguins, 8:00 PM,December 7,2013

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Orpik is ok. Normally the Doobster is all about wishing the opponent a good game no matter what, but not tonight. Won't take the win away from the B's, they outplayed us for sure at the end but that's sort of easy when your goon takes out the other team's best defensive stopper. Oh well, at least Bruin fans can't hold Marc Savard against Pens organization anymore.

Sorry Bruin fans, I felt bad about what happened to Cam Neely & Marc Savard, have great respect for Chara & Bergeron, I cried with you when you sang the anthem after the marathon bombing, I wished you the best of luck after your team beat my team in last season's ECF, I even rooted for you guys to win the Cup during the 2011 & 2013 SCF's. I'm by no means a Bruins hater. But tonight was completely classless. Just as I was ashamed of what Cooke did to Savard, you should be ashamed of what Thornton did to Orpik. Take your victory or whatever but there is a thing called karma and when you make it a point to take people out, it has a way of coming back to haunt you. Anyways, congrats on the win, but I would rather be able to look in the mirror the next day without seeing a complete @$$hold.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Orpik is ok. Normally the Doobster is all about wishing the opponent a good game no matter what, but not tonight. Won't take the win away from the B's, they outplayed us for sure at the end but that's sort of easy when your goon takes out the other team's best defensive stopper. Oh well, at least Bruin fans can't hold Marc Savard against Pens organization anymore.

Sorry Bruin fans, I felt bad about what happened to Cam Neely & Marc Savard, have great respect for Chara & Bergeron, I cried with you when you sang the anthem after the marathon bombing, I wished you the best of luck after your team beat my team in last season's ECF, I even rooted for you guys to win the Cup during the 2011 & 2013 SCF's. I'm by no means a Bruins hater. But tonight was completely classless. Just as I was ashamed of what Cooke did to Savard, you should be ashamed of what Thornton did to Orpik. Take your victory or whatever but there is a thing called karma and when you make it a point to take people out, it has a way of coming back to haunt you. Anyways, congrats on the win, but I would rather be able to look in the mirror the next day without seeing a complete @$$hold.

I did not read through the entire thread but I dont think anyone condoned what Thornton did.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck, Penguins. I go to play my Saturday night street hockey game, and you have the lead some time into the third period. I get home, and I find out you gave up two goals and the game.

:burt:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not read through the entire thread but I dont think anyone condoned what Thornton did.

This was more about me than anything. Just wanted to share my feelings.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orpiks gonna be fine, Erickssons concussed again, Kellys got a broken ankle on a slash from Dupuis and Marchands lucky to not be concussed as well from a Neal knee to the head cheap shot. Hockeys a tough game

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think it was intentional, I understand your point.

There was no doubt about the Thornton play though.

Lol, c'mon... Thornton's move was straight up bullshit. But be a real hockey fan and call your guy out too. There was just as much intention in Neal's knee on Marchand as Thornton's sucker punch on Orpik. Both guys shgould be seeing some suspension time.

The fact that Neal is only having a phone hearing is a fucking joke. I'm all for bringing the hammer down on Thornton for his stupid actions, but the same should be done for Neal.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And not one mention of the cheap dirty tactics of your team during the game... I didn't read through the whole thread, and like BF4L said, I don't believe anyone supported what Thornton did. But take the blinders off and call every player out for their shit, not just the opponent.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not one mention of the cheap dirty tactics of your team during the game... I didn't read through the whole thread, and like BF4L said, I don't believe anyone supported what Thornton did. But take the blinders off and call every player out for their shit, not just the opponent.

Most everyone did but it needs to go both ways don't make it out like all Bruin fans are innocent here, blinders both ways....

To support my point go WAY back in this thread a Boston fan said what Thorton did was not very bright and they too acception to what I said. So I commented on what Neal did as stating it was not very bright. That same Boston fan took acception to me stating that. So it is ok for a Boston fan to say what Thorton did was not very bright but it is not okay for a Penguin fan to say what Neal did was not very bright?

Anyway, stupid to argue about that, the issue when the play happened live they didn't show the replay of what Neal did on the Penguins feed until way later so most of us didn't see it happen. The live action it was easy to miss whereas what Thorton did was right out there plain as day live.

After the replays most everyone thought what Neal did was a total bonehead move and should be suspended. The amount of games he got is a joke but we can't do anything about that, the NHL is to blame there.