• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: bruins @ devils

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taking my daughter to her first hockey game tomorrow....hope it is exciting for her

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty brutal game to watch....at least they woke up in time to tie it up.

how long is tootoo signed for? i like that kid ...might buy my daughter his jersey.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the Devils gave it their all. But time to sell.

I like Tootoo as well. Keeper in my opinion. Closest to Claude Lemieux we we ever see.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i have followed the devils from afar since before the south got any nhl hockey(some family up here) but this year is definitely the most home games i have attended. what is you diehards opinion on the trivial chants at the jersey games? i never really noticed some of them until last night. They dont really seem that clever amd i imagine outsiders would just write them off as being stereo typical jersey. two that stick out the most were the vuvuzeula penalty "KILL" call and response whenever the puck was in the zone and the other was the "you suck" after the goals.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like the Kill chant, but its better during the playoffs or when games matter.
I never cared for the you suck chant, but its more noticeable now because the owners switched goal songs trying to stop the you suck chant.
The rangers suck chant is fine since all real Devil fans should hate the Rangers. Not a fan of the flyers swallow part however.
Probably the one thing that Devils fans should be proud of is the spelling of the Devils which was started by that Baumann guy.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How was the crowd? I've only been to one ga,e this year and it was dead but reading that the new owners have taken a lot of the buzz from the arena

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Kill chant, but its better during the playoffs or when games matter.
I never cared for the you suck chant, but its more noticeable now because the owners switched goal songs trying to stop the you suck chant.
The rangers suck chant is fine since all real Devil fans should hate the Rangers. Not a fan of the flyers swallow part however.
Probably the one thing that Devils fans should be proud of is the spelling of the Devils which was started by that Baumann guy.

yeah the "you suck" goal chant and "flyers swallow" seemed the most out of place to me, especially with my 5 year old beside me. rangers suck is fine by me though, thats what main rivals are for right? and living with my wife/ranger fan i usually hear enough of their annoying chants during a season it only seems fair.

How was the crowd? I've only been to one ga,e this year and it was dead but reading that the new owners have taken a lot of the buzz from the arena

crowd was good. most crowded of all the games i went to but i also think boston being the opponent helped with turnout. arena looked full top to bottom and technically they said it was a sellout but empty seats could be found. effort of the game was disappointing and definitely effected the crowd's demeanor until tootoo had that first really big hit. It seemed to wake both the team and crowd up even when they went down 2-0 n the 3rd the crowd hadnt given up. most enjoyable part was seeing the disappointed bruins fans after the second goal to tie it up.