• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen the smartest man in the room syndrome

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take a look at what he has done in DC

Allen took over 3 games left under jim zorn \"s tenure his record 52 wins 78 losses 1 tie or a 396 win %

now lets look at his major Fuck ups

1) trading for donavan Mccnabb , he gave up draft capitol for an aging out of shape head ache who didnt know the plays and couldnt run the 2 minute drill , but what made things worse was the absolute mockery of the contract extention on MMF in which 2 weeks later he was benched by shanny . the utter buffoonery of this is telling .

2) the 2012/13 salary cap penalty . now i think the whole thing was BS by the NFL however Allen was warned about this and yet he did it anyway . the players union sold him out for sure but he thought he was the smartest man in the room and was "winning off the field " . the smart thing was to do it only with 100% NFL approval which we all know he did not .

3) The RG3 trade , by doing this when their HC shanahan repeatedly told them the price was to high for a qb who would take a long time to develop as a true pocket passer still rings hollow after all these years . top it off they KNEW they were going to get some kind of cap punishment (or at best should have known ) and with the cap shot and the picks gone the team was left holding the jockstrap (used one at that )

4) hiring of SMGM ., this was both good and bad for the team . no one can doubt he has a good eye for talent . behind the scenes (which we now know ) it was a complete disaster involving politics and just about everything else you could fathom . if the skins are in the right with SMGM then they gambled on a risky proposition and perhaps should have selected a more stable option . . if they were wrong then ego caused a good GM to be run out of town . but who was the smartest guy in the room who ultimately made both choices ?

5) The KC debacle , what more can i say about this goat fuck? if you dont buy KC being worth 26 mil per anum , fine its a fair talking point . But by double tagging him (and maybe triple ) you blew the qb market apart . he drew a hard line and set the market by tagging him twice . they have nobody to blame but themselves . the sensible approach would have been to slightly overpay him in 2015 and take a chance that you would be right about him .

6) the KC Thrown under the bus presser . first off it was a sham presser with only slect reporters covering it . . trying to blame him for a sham offer that wasnt worth a counter was stupid . making it a public war that you had no chance of winning only fostered more bad blood (unneeded mind you ) . fans supported KC not because of his play but how you mishandled the situation from day one and he deserved better

7) the winning off the field press conference failing to understand the fans frustration and taking some blame he decides to offer up that laughabl statement which will go down in losers lore as classic stupidity

these our but a few of the highlights to his reign of football terror to fans

all i can say is its a good thing he is letting KC walk and starting over again because his track record of being the smartest man in the room just gives me a huge 396 warm and fuzzy

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's still with the Redskins.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take a look at what he has done in DC

Allen took over 3 games left under jim zorn \"s tenure his record 52 wins 78 losses 1 tie or a 396 win %

now lets look at his major Fuck ups

1) trading for donavan Mccnabb , he gave up draft capitol for an aging out of shape head ache who didnt know the plays and couldnt run the 2 minute drill , but what made things worse was the absolute mockery of the contract extention on MMF in which 2 weeks later he was benched by shanny . the utter buffoonery of this is telling .

2) the 2012/13 salary cap penalty . now i think the whole thing was BS by the NFL however Allen was warned about this and yet he did it anyway . the players union sold him out for sure but he thought he was the smartest man in the room and was "winning off the field " . the smart thing was to do it only with 100% NFL approval which we all know he did not .

3) The RG3 trade , by doing this when their HC shanahan repeatedly told them the price was to high for a qb who would take a long time to develop as a true pocket passer still rings hollow after all these years . top it off they KNEW they were going to get some kind of cap punishment (or at best should have known ) and with the cap shot and the picks gone the team was left holding the jockstrap (used one at that )

4) hiring of SMGM ., this was both good and bad for the team . no one can doubt he has a good eye for talent . behind the scenes (which we now know ) it was a complete disaster involving politics and just about everything else you could fathom . if the skins are in the right with SMGM then they gambled on a risky proposition and perhaps should have selected a more stable option . . if they were wrong then ego caused a good GM to be run out of town . but who was the smartest guy in the room who ultimately made both choices ?

5) The KC debacle , what more can i say about this goat fuck? if you dont buy KC being worth 26 mil per anum , fine its a fair talking point . But by double tagging him (and maybe triple ) you blew the qb market apart . he drew a hard line and set the market by tagging him twice . they have nobody to blame but themselves . the sensible approach would have been to slightly overpay him in 2015 and take a chance that you would be right about him .

6) the KC Thrown under the bus presser . first off it was a sham presser with only slect reporters covering it . . trying to blame him for a sham offer that wasnt worth a counter was stupid . making it a public war that you had no chance of winning only fostered more bad blood (unneeded mind you ) . fans supported KC not because of his play but how you mishandled the situation from day one and he deserved better

7) the winning off the field press conference failing to understand the fans frustration and taking some blame he decides to offer up that laughabl statement which will go down in losers lore as classic stupidity

these our but a few of the highlights to his reign of football terror to fans

all i can say is its a good thing he is letting KC walk and starting over again because his track record of being the smartest man in the room just gives me a huge 396 warm and fuzzy

Let us not forget all of those "winning off the field" seasons of big name free agent signings that also made the draft a secondary method towards building a team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this is true. And yet, Allen is not the real problem. He is just symptomatic of the problem. And that real problem is the owner. Snyder only hires incompetents such as Allen or Vinnie to work for him. They are the yes men he needs that will do his dirty work so he can appear to stay clean. No real GM worth his salt would come to this franchise and work for Snyder. Consequently all we get are the "flawed" candidates that have been passed over or booted from other franchises.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's still with the Redskins.

Not sure if it is true or not - but according to the WP Allen is a key figure in getting the Skins a sweet stadium deal in VA. He also appears to be very good friends with Snyder. I am good with him being some type of President of the Redskins but just wish that he would turn over all personnel matters to someone else.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again for me I don't necessarily have an issue with the hiring & firing of SM (although the firing could have been handled better). My issue is that they should have immediately replaced him with a known, qualified GM & not simply expanded Allen's duties. If they believed that Doug Williams could fill this role - great - let it be known & give him more power, but I don't get the sense that Williams is currently serving in this role. Just another example of how this organization is run like no other team in the NFL & likely not for the better.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this is true. And yet, Allen is not the real problem. He is just symptomatic of the problem. And that real problem is the owner. Snyder only hires incompetents such as Allen or Vinnie to work for him. They are the yes men he needs that will do his dirty work so he can appear to stay clean. No real GM worth his salt would come to this franchise and work for Snyder. Consequently all we get are the "flawed" candidates that have been passed over or booted from other franchises.

I don't believe that Allen is totally incompetent (unlike Vinny). I think that he does very well in salary cap and administrative matters. However I don't think that he fares well in personnel matters & also lets his ego get in the way too often.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"2) the 2012/13 salary cap penalty . now i think the whole thing was BS by the NFL however Allen was warned about this and yet he did it anyway . the players union sold him out for sure but he thought he was the smartest man in the room and was "winning off the field " . the smart thing was to do it only with 100% NFL approval which we all know he did not . "

I'm still mad about this. Skins got royally screwed and I dont think management and local media did enough to right this obvious wrong. Instead it was just brushed under the carpet. Al Davis or Robert Kraft would have taken this to court.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"2) the 2012/13 salary cap penalty . now i think the whole thing was BS by the NFL however Allen was warned about this and yet he did it anyway . the players union sold him out for sure but he thought he was the smartest man in the room and was "winning off the field " . the smart thing was to do it only with 100% NFL approval which we all know he did not . "

I'm still mad about this. Skins got royally screwed and I dont think management and local media did enough to right this obvious wrong. Instead it was just brushed under the carpet. Al Davis or Robert Kraft would have taken this to court.

I completely agree. The only way the NFL could win is by admitting collusion, which is illegal.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that Allen is totally incompetent (unlike Vinny). I think that he does very well in salary cap and administrative matters. However I don't think that he fares well in personnel matters & also lets his ego get in the way too often.
I've heard him credited with being a salary cap wizard, but he's not. They actually have a guy that works for him that is the salary cap guru, Eric Shaffer. Allen once again takes credit for someone else's work. As for the admin stuff, he does put together a mean homecoming day.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard him credited with being a salary cap wizard, but he's not. They actually have a guy that works for him that is the salary cap guru, Eric Shaffer. Allen once again takes credit for someone else's work. As for the admin stuff, he does put together a mean homecoming day.

Hey - even that works for me. If say they had some guru who was the asst-GM that is uncredited I would not object, but sadly I don't believe this to be true. Oh well - what are you going to do? I see absolutely no evidence that Allen is going anywhere. Please, please, please prove me wrong.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, it's Dan Snyder. If Allen is fired who thinks Dan will replace him with anybody else but a new and improved Allen. Allen is the new Cerrrato. If Dan loves and adores you he will stay out of your way, (Gibbs) other than that it will not end well.

Marty...won his last 5.

Shanahan...Drafted Kirk, Reed, Morris, Trent, Kerrigan and signed Garçon.

Norv...fired with a winning record.

I hate Bruce, but he is not the head of the snake. We all know who that is.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, it's Dan Snyder. If Allen is fired who thinks Dan will replace him with anybody else but a new and improved Allen. Allen is the new Cerrrato. If Dan loves and adores you he will stay out of your way, (Gibbs) other than that it will not end well.

Marty...won his last 5.

Bingo

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marty...won his last 5.

Please make (1) good decision during your ownership tenure Danny and FIRE BRUCE ALLEN, NOW!!!