• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont look at me lol. Im confused as to how Gruden should be on thin ice.

The you was the general you, not the royal you. LOL

And some people have had Gruden on thin ice since year two for partially the same reasons they have Kirk on the easy to replace list.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says ever so maturely. *eyeroll*

The reason he can find it himself is because it has been stated SEVERAL times directly to him. Yet still he claims that we are dodging. Anybody who thinks Sty or I are dodging a question clearly hasnt been paying much attention considering neither of us has shied away from arguments on here.

But if you want to rush to judgements about people based on 2 posts then be my guest. Id just be a little careful about calling people children when you clearly dont know what youre talking about. You may make yourself look like an ass.

There are other posters besides Dad who were not part of the earlier discussions and were interested in the lists. Since you obviously missed it this was the response I got. The word maturity still applies.

I did, and won't do again, if you missed it.....Oh well!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other posters besides Dad who were not part of the earlier discussions and were interested in the lists. Since you obviously missed it this was the response I got. The word maturity still applies.

Did I offer that response in a vacuum? I gave very good reasons for not doing so. I knew at the time that there might be others who were not around when I offered my list on the occassions that I did. Clearly you either did not read and give credence to my reasons for not doing so again or willfully ignored them. There is nothing in either case that I should respect when you've made choices like that. If you were honestly interested you could have PM'd me and gotten a very different result. In terms of maturity, rethink that once you've considered what I've just written.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not worry too much about who would be a good replacement for Cousins. With each passing day it becomes more obvious that the Redskins are committed to keeping Cousins & very likely via a long term extension (& sooner rather than later). Again - anyone who doesn't like this approach - tough. HTTR

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sure are wasting a lot of time discussing an issue that could have been resolved by simply supplying the names for those who were not included in the earlier discussion.

Whatever, they were probably dumb ideas anyway. The idea that you can find a QB as good or better than Kirk Cousins easily is simply not based on reality. And neither is the idea that you can get by with a worse QB, which are the only available options, while building your roster. Kirk Cousins is the single biggest reason, by far, that this team went from 5-11 to division champs. You want to roll with a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick? Let me introduce you to the 2016 5-11 New York Jets

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sure are wasting a lot of time discussing an issue that could have been resolved by simply supplying the names for those who were not included in the earlier discussion.

Whatever, they were probably dumb ideas anyway. The idea that you can find a QB as good or better than Kirk Cousins easily is simply not based on reality. And neither is the idea that you can get by with a worse QB, which are the only available options, while building your roster. Kirk Cousins is the single biggest reason, by far, that this team went from 5-11 to division champs. You want to roll with a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick? Let me introduce you to the 2016 5-11 New York Jets

Waste of time anyhow. Cousins isn't getting traded or not signed. Much of this was prompted by reports that Adam Schefter & Ian Rappaport pulled out of thin area w/ absolutely no basis. Cousins will be extended to the delight of the majority of the Redskins fans. The one know-it-all here won't be pleased but who cares.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waste of time anyhow. Cousins isn't getting traded or not signed. Much of this was prompted by reports that Adam Schefter & Ian Rappaport pulled out of thin area w/ absolutely no basis. Cousins will be extended to the delight of the majority of the Redskins fans. The one know-it-all here won't be pleased but who cares.

I totally agree with you. Several of us are getting all butt hurt over a situation that simply won't happen. But I guess that's what happens during the offseason, we have to find something to talk about. And nothing is more important than the question of who will be playing quarterback for Your Washington Redskins.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be wrong but I believe everybody here has stated they want him back.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great catch Cali. In one sense that news is troubling since it appears to show some dysfunction & a little too much ego on Allen's part. However - we don't really know the context & SM may be fine w/ this. He may simply want to stick to football moves & steer clear from the press (after all look at all the nonsense he had to endure in the recent past regarding his alleged infidelity).

However - in another sense this pretty much confirms that the Redskins are firmly committed to retaining Cousins & very, very likely extending him. I think that they are ready to move in this direction regardless of the views of SM. I will be shocked if they go in any other direction.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be shocked if they go in any other direction.

NO you wont. Perturbed maybe. But lets be honest, this team making sound moves is still a bit shocking. Making another move where most of us go... "I cant believe we are this stupid!" would be troubling.. .but after the last 18 years... nothing should actually shock us unless we actually do the no brianer without making it more difficult than needs to be to do the actual prudent thing in the first place. :D

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO you wont. Perturbed maybe. But lets be honest, this team making sound moves is still a bit shocking. Making another move where most of us go... "I cant believe we are this stupid!" would be troubling.. .but after the last 18 years... nothing should actually shock us unless we actually do the no brianer without making it more difficult than needs to be to do the actual prudent thing in the first place. :D

Interesting that you are speaking on my behalf - lol. In any case - you are perhaps misreading my reply. I am stating that Snyder appears to be the one onboard with this in a major way. When Allen made those statements about keeping Cousins & extending him it certainly sounded like he was Snyder's mouthpiece.

Again - I will be very shocked if they don't keep Cousins. Now - please go ahead again & tell me how I really feel. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SoCalWizFan IM not trying to tell you how to feel. I will leave that particular task up to the significant other in ones life or their mom. :D

I am just pointing out over the years that it has become common practice for the Redskins to do the baffling and yet not really shock us because we almost expect it as a fan base. Normally we are shocked as a fan base, when the team does mae the smart move. Case in point, we were rather resigned to Griffin being the starter in 2015 despite looking rather poor in the preseason..... it shocked the world when they named Kirk the starter. :thumb:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SoCalWizFan IM not trying to tell you how to feel. I will leave that particular task up to the significant other in ones life or their mom. :D

I am just pointing out over the years that it has become common practice for the Redskins to do the baffling and yet not really shock us because we almost expect it as a fan base. Normally we are shocked as a fan base, when the team does mae the smart move. Case in point, we were rather resigned to Griffin being the starter in 2015 despite looking rather poor in the preseason..... it shocked the world when they named Kirk the starter. :thumb:

Until perhaps recently I would argue just the opposite - the Redskins were very predictable but not in a good way. You could count on them being offseason champs, signing older expensive FAs, firing coaches & getting rid of draft picks at a rapid rate. At least now they are bucking that trend to a degree & this change of direction is why I feel that it is so important to retain Cousins & keep heading in the rt direction.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were rather resigned to Griffin being the starter in 2015 despite looking rather poor in the preseason..... it shocked the world when they named Kirk the starter. :thumb:

How exactly did it shock the world? Griffin suffered a concussion against the Lions in a preseason game and had to go through concussion protocol. It was probably at that point Snyder realized the he was one Griffin self-made forced fumble, or one step in a divot in the field or a really strong breeze away from owing Griffinm 16 million dollars once, not if, but once, Griffin was injured in a regular season game.

What would've shocked the world and been all kinds of stupid would've been to allow Griffin to play in 2015. Hell Gruden might've left him in the Lions hoping that he'd get injured. And after thinkling about, I bet Snyder wasn't too terribly upset as at least for him. Griffin was injured at the right time (in a preseason game) not the wrong time (reg season game)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly did it shock the world? Griffin suffered a concussion against the Lions in a preseason game and had to go through concussion protocol. It was probably at that point Snyder realized the he was one Griffin self-made forced fumble, or one step in a divot in the field or a really strong breeze away from owing Griffinm 16 million dollars once, not if, but once, Griffin was injured in a regular season game.

What would've shocked the world and been all kinds of stupid would've been to allow Griffin to play in 2015. Hell Gruden might've left him in the Lions hoping that he'd get injured. And after thinkling about, I bet Snyder wasn't too terribly upset as at least for him. Griffin was injured at the right time (in a preseason game) not the wrong time (reg season game)

Lets not attempt to rewrite history here. We got a government for that purpose.

The reality was, we had just picked up the 5th year option on his rookie contract. Despite the concussion, all indications were that the plan was to give Griffin every opportunity to make good on that move and thus set himself up for a contract extension going into 2016, or at worst have one more year on the rookie deal to prove his worth. Aside from Thiesman, no one was calling for Kirk to start and no one expected him to be named the starter going into the season.

A media quote

It would be a stunning chain of events for just about any other franchise. Griffin not having a chance to start Week 1 is still shocking, but it feels par for the course compared to Sunday's news Washington might cut ties with the No. 2 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Redskins name Kirk Cousins, not RG3, starter at quarterback for opener

Up until Cousins was named the starter, every one was pretty sure Griffin would be the starter going into 2015.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No re-writes here. Some believed it wasn't a question of if, but a question of when Griffin would get injured. Given his history with injury and cluelessness along with his arrogance when it came too protecting himself. He took numerous unnecessary hits in that Det game if memory serves. Including the opps upside his head that would eventually render him null n void as it concerned his days as the Redskins starting QB.

If you wanna read about a rewrite. Check this shit out.

Remembering 'The Trade' 

On Bailey’s side, he knew throughout the 2003 season that there were “problems” in negotiating a new contract with the Redskins, but he didn’t pay attention to it until the season was over.

By then, he realized that a trade “might get brewing.”

The unlikely trade that delivered Bailey to Denver 

"I was baffled to be honest with you," Bailey said Tuesday as he looked back on the deal. "It was one of those times I was really entering the prime of my career. I went to four Pro Bowls as a Redskin my last four years there and I would never imagine that I would leave that place, but it was just never in their plans to keep me around."

That's ^^^^^^ a rewrite.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new here from Kirk but his latest comments...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Cuz

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00