• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns are screwed

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cuzzins and Lenard Hankerson as a packaged deal off course not a first round but i can see a 3rd round for those two any thoughts ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cuzzins and Lenard Hankerson as a packaged deal off course not a first round but i can see a 3rd round for those two any thoughts ?

hank is a FA so that is out the window

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Market for cousins is rumored to be 4th or 5th rounder

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know hank was a FA rats

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he wasn't why do you think Hank has any value at all?

i don't know if he would have value or not but would you consider getting rid of Garson a year early rather than a year late to save cap money

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that the Browns are screwed......check out the latest power rankings! I haven't seen one that ranks them lower than our team, in fact shutdown corner ranks us at 31, just ahead of Tennessee. There's a lot of work to be done here because as things stand now, when there's a end point with the words.............."are screwed" Tennessee and Washington must be the front runners.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know if he would have value or not but would you consider getting rid of Garson a year early rather than a year late to save cap money

This is a taboo subject on this board......even if logic dictates otherwise.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that the Browns are screwed......check out the latest power rankings! I haven't seen one that ranks them lower than our team, in fact shutdown corner ranks us at 31, just ahead of Tennessee. There's a lot of work to be done here because as things stand now, when there's a end point with the words.............."are screwed" Tennessee and Washington must be the front runners.

Agree. Last I checked, the Browns were still in the playoff hunt u too the last quarter of the season. 7-5 at the end of November. This team was 3-9 at the same point. They have a better team than we do. Add a decent QB and they may be a playoff team.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said we weren't screwed as well

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Logic would dictate you dont dig a hole in your front yard to fill one in your back yard. If Garcon were closed to or past his prime, it might make sense to try and deal him for a draft pick or player. But right now WR is one of the ONLY spots on the roster where we actually have two capable starters and a little depth. So remind me again what exactly would we do with the 3rd round pick we would get for him, or even the 2nd rounder if things went really well? And assuming we did deal him, exactly who do we line up at WR opposite Jackson??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok since i have asked several times about what you expect we could get for garcon and who would take on the salary please enlighten me as to why we need to trade garcon ?

it isnt tabboo to talk about it lots of media outlets discuss it

but please tell me what kind of draft pick you expect ? who would take the salary on ? who on our roster replaces garcon and will be a better player

please, sell me that grant will grab 70 rec . or roberts ?

so far these questions have been ignored

and please why is a contract renegotiation out of the question if needed . or why we cant just let garcon play his contract out and move on ?

see all i have heard from you is he isnt a number one wr and he is pedestrian . fine i am ok with that but you lack of solutions, expectations on what we would receive , and who replaces his production ? how does it effect DJAX ? does Djax get the double team and we have roberts as the new game breaker ? or grant ?

why does weakening the wr position, with suspect qb play , make sense ? is fragile reed the guy who takes up the numbers , niles paul ?

please answer my questions instead of crying" taboo " and perhaps i and others could see your point

so far when i weigh the pro's and cons and i get save money as a pro but a ton of cons starting with value we get back and the likelihood of a suitor being out there being cons

that leaves us with cutting him , getting nothing for him and another team getting a quality WR while we will be looking for a guy who can hurt a team when they double DJAX

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the two posts that followed yours......sounds like they disagree.

Come on Sty. Explain to me how saying it makes no sense making one hole to try and fill another is saying we arent screwed at the moment?? I respect you as a poster. But your hate for Garcon is borderline out of control. You havent given us any reason for dealing him other than he isnt a #1 WR in your opinion. And even if your opinion is correct, you havent given us a GOOD reason for dealing him or even a half assed replacement for him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic would dictate you dont dig a hole in your front yard to fill one in your back yard. If Garcon were closed to or past his prime, it might make sense to try and deal him for a draft pick or player. But right now WR is one of the ONLY spots on the roster where we actually have two capable starters and a little depth. So remind me again what exactly would we do with the 3rd round pick we would get for him, or even the 2nd rounder if things went really well? And assuming we did deal him, exactly who do we line up at WR opposite Jackson??

Agreed......IF.....this team was filling holes! Truth is, this team is in complete rebuild mode. Don't believe it? ask yourself this question: How many current players do you project to be still on the roster in two years? The thing about Garcon is his age and salary. The 3rd or 4th pick will go towards a player who will still be contributing to the team after Garcon hangs 'em up or is forced to. That is.......providing our new GM is as advertised. In as much as who will line up opposite DJax this upcoming season, anybody!! Let me reiterate.......This team is in COMPLETE REBUILD mode!!! It began the moment that McGloughin signed on board. I know that Garcon is a favorite of many and the argument has been made time and again pro and con about his ability to dominate a game. Indy allowed him to leave via free agency and at some point he'll be leaving here too, the only question is when. The impulsive fan side of me says to keep him, we could use a few victories in 2015. The more pragmatic fan side of me knows that building a long term contender requires making tough decisions along the way. Here's how I see the Garcon situation. This upcoming season when his trade value is at its highest point going forward, the team can either keep him hoping to improve on 3-13 or trade him with an eye towards the future. In 2016 when he's 30 his trade value drops to a very late pick at best even though his cap hit rises. However in 2017 he'll be a 31 year old free agent and there is no return of value for him. Beside that, Washington will be either looking for his replacement or grooming that guy, either way if you think about it, by then, the team should be coming into its' own with younger, bigger more talented guys with some experience under their belts.

There used to be a HC here who planted his flag with the motto that the "future is now!" We've had at least 15 years of that nonsense, time to do it at long last,...... the right way.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok since i have asked several times about what you expect we could get for garcon and who would take on the salary please enlighten me as to why we need to trade garcon ?

but please tell me what kind of draft pick you expect ? who would take the salary on ? who on our roster replaces garcon and will be a better player

and please why is a contract renegotiation out of the question if needed . or why we cant just let garcon play his contract out and move on ?

see all i have heard from you is he isnt a number one wr and he is pedestrian . fine i am ok with that but you lack of solutions, expectations on what we would receive , and who replaces his production ? how does it effect DJAX ? does Djax get the double team and we have roberts as the new game breaker ? or grant ?

why does weakening the wr position, with suspect qb play , make sense ? is fragile reed the guy who takes up the numbers , niles paul ?

please answer my questions instead of crying" taboo " and perhaps i and others could see your point

so far when i weigh the pro's and cons and i get save money as a pro but a ton of cons starting with value we get back and the likelihood of a suitor being out there being cons

that leaves us with cutting him , getting nothing for him and another team getting a quality WR while we will be looking for a guy who can hurt a team when they double DJAX

I've answered it several times, but you want to dismiss reason for emotion. Rather than a rewrite read the response that I've written to Shark.

It's "taboo" because few here agree with it (don't ask me why) but as you've said many media outlets are talking about it, but when I do I get this foolishness.

I expect at least a 3rd or 4th this year....a 6th or 7th in 2016 and nothing in 2017 when he becomes a FA. The teams that will take him and his salary will be those who see themselves as one or two players away from contending for it all now, with a 29 year old Garcon. Who replaces him? well you know that I see him as a career #2, so anybody!!

Let's say that neither Grant nor Roberts can grab 70 passes but collectively they get 25 to 30 not the same but 70 translated to 3-13, let's not forget that!

In this up-coming draft, this team will get other offensive players beyond OL. Bet one is either a TE or WR!! Can't really say that getting younger, bigger with talent weakens the WR corp, but I'm betting on the new GM to prove himself exactly who we hope he is.

There's no way this team cuts him, however, his trade value will never be greater than now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to finish up, no one is crying "taboo" except those who see getting younger, bigger with talent as "weakening" the WR position next year vs. strengthening it for a longer run.

You really need to look at the "cons" that you've listed with a broader view.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Sty. Explain to me how saying it makes no sense making one hole to try and fill another is saying we arent screwed at the moment?? I respect you as a poster. But your hate for Garcon is borderline out of control. You havent given us any reason for dealing him other than he isnt a #1 WR in your opinion. And even if your opinion is correct, you havent given us a GOOD reason for dealing him or even a half assed replacement for him.

Just to finish up.....I really don't hate Garcon, I just don't see him as anything more than what his career has been. Out of control?? Really?? Now that I've given my reasons, does it really sound like hate or just good business for the long term future of this team?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both have shitty owners, so guess you could say we're both screwed?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to finish up.....I really don't hate Garcon, I just don't see him as anything more than what his career has been. Out of control?? Really?? Now that I've given my reasons, does it really sound like hate or just good business for the long term future of this team?

Dude I call it hate because from the moment we signed him your words were he would not be a number 1 WR on any other team. And even when he had more receptions than any WR in the league, your words were basically that he only did it because the rest of our WRs were so pathetic.

And again explain to me how exactly is it good business to make a hole in one spot simply to TRY and fill a hole in another spot??