• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos vs Redskins

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised not to see a game thread for it yet, 1st string offense looking dominant tonight, Royce Freeman is definitely going to be the starter for the future and Keenum looked miles better.

Also pass blocking looked much better, only one sack given up and it was towards the end of the second quarter. Good to see a past wash from us as well, defense looks much improved.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the dress rehearsal - pre-season game the Broncos looked pretty good.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My observations - for what it's worth:

1) The Oline was dominant against the Wash. front seven. The blocking was crisp and well executed.

2) PL - Phillip Lindsay - could be a spark plug in this Bronco's offense - and there is no doubt the coaches think that too - when you watch how they are playing him and with whom.

3) Sutton is a fantastic player - and Keenum can get the ball where only Sutton can catch it and Sutton wins those matchups. I see there are DT trade rumors - true or not - those rumors would not be there without Sutton's eye catching talent.

4) One thing that is really exciting from the offense last night - Case Keenum was hitting guys in full stride all over the field - that is a money indicator of yards after catch success.

5) I don't mean this as a criticism, but Chubb's head seems to be swimming still on the speed and complexity of the pro game. He has always been a student of the game and seems to have the grit to keep grinding so it's great that he is getting so many snaps to get used to it this early in his career.

6) I really like Booker, but his yards per carry is consistently bad.

7) Hey Denver Broncos? Wake up! The defense still can't cover the TE.

8) I hope Cravens comes back next week and gets the knick name Lazarus. The Broncos are going to need him.

9) The defense seems a little short of CBs as well.

10) I'm already to give the ball to Royce - he can make dynamic plays and he is a touchdown waiting to happen.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan on watching the game tonight. I have it recorded.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the offense can put up 23-24 ppg, would Earl Thomas boaster this defense and bring it back to dominance?
He's a mistake eraser and covers everything.

Just curious.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Chubb played well. He set the edge, collapsed the pocket, was right there for almost 3 sacks. I think there were a few stunts that seemed to fall flat, but that's the nature of stunts sometimes.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the offense can put up 23-24 ppg, would Earl Thomas boaster this defense and bring it back to dominance?
He's a mistake eraser and covers everything.

Just curious.

Not sure S is a position we are thin at unless we cut Stewart. I would rather see us bring Webster back. He is solid CB and a standout on special teams.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopping the run especially with an old Adrian Peterson who was just signed was a little concerning for a preseason game. The run defense and covering tight ends a concern yet for me with this defense. Hopefully when the games count it gets better.