• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos vs Chargers- One more week of misery fellas

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's call for a do over season! Rossburg was appointed 10 games too late.

I seriously am baffled that Hackett still had a job after week 8. Seeing Rossburg coach a team that looked functional (not great) on both sides of the ball has me wondering if he could have salvaged the season had the Broncos fired Hackett earlier.

And I get it: they are going to give a guy a chance to succeed. But yeah...Hackett presided over one of the single worst seasons I can remember as a Broncos fan.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very old school mentality.

I don't like some of the comments he has made sorta jabbing at Hackett and other coaches on the staff. Seems a little unprofessional to me like some sorta code he is breaking between respect for other coaches... Like wtf did Hackett do to you? He has really questioned the things the other coaches have done here and we have too but I think I would probably keep that internal. It's probably more the way he says it. The Albert O quote is one example. I am guessing Albert loves Rosburg. Then again part of me likes hearing what he "really" thinks as a fan, so I appreciate it but at the same time I don't agree with it.

But at the end of the day I really care about if he can coach or not. I don't see him as the HC here but the players came to play for him on Sunday and that says something about him at least.
He's an old man who has been around a long time, and he watched a young guy get handed a HC even though he had nothing on his resume. Then that young guy crashed and burned and was fired. Rosburg immediately got rid of the STC and the O-Line coaches, and made immediate changes in practice. Oh, and he named Hackett's guy as the OC. The guy that Hackett wouldn't let call plays. You can see the results today.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an old man who has been around a long time, and he watched a young guy get handed a HC even though he had nothing on his resume. Then that young guy crashed and burned and was fired. Rosburg immediately got rid of the STC and the O-Line coaches, and made immediate changes in practice. Oh, and he named Hackett's guy as the OC. The guy that Hackett wouldn't let call plays. You can see the results today.

Saw some results last week too. A team that averaged 15.5 PPG on offense put up 24 and 31 with nothing to play for under Rossburg. Again, I seriously have no idea how Hackett lasted so long.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Hackett fired after week six. I saw enough at that point

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges too. Teams not playing for anything, or with a playoff birth locked up play differently than teams might otherwise play in weeks 1-12. Not to mention the dynamic of being disgruntled, seeing the supposed source of your irritation removed puts everyone on notice that expectations for everyone have been raised significantly.

Lots of variables changed over the past two, weeks.

Again, we give too much credit to a journeyman college position coach, and too much blame to the new guy.

Honestly strikes me as a Shanny-esqe situation. I just hope he doesn't come back to beat our asses for a decade or more when he gets his mind right.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges too. Teams not playing for anything, or with a playoff birth locked up play differently than teams might otherwise play in weeks 1-12. Not to mention the dynamic of being disgruntled, seeing the supposed source of your irritation removed puts everyone on notice that expectations for everyone have been raised significantly.

Lots of variables changed over the past two, weeks.

Again, we give too much credit to a journeyman college position coach, and too much blame to the new guy.

Honestly strikes me as a Shanny-esqe situation. I just hope he doesn't come back to beat our asses for a decade or more when he gets his mind right.
The Chargers wanted this game - they played Herbert 3.5 quarters and Ekler almost the entire game. In fact, the Chargers will have some injuries that may impact their playoff hopes - meanwhile the Broncos had their 2-4 CBs out of the game.

Rossburg made decisive decisions when he took the interim job, and they paid off. I think he gave an application and interview for the Bronco's job.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers wanted this game - they played Herbert 3.5 quarters and Ekler almost the entire game. In fact, the Chargers will have some injuries that may impact their playoff hopes - meanwhile the Broncos had their 2-4 CBs out of the game.

Rossburg made decisive decisions when he took the interim job, and they paid off. I think he gave an application and interview for the Bronco's job.
I'm not addressing personal as much as mentality and psychology of teams in those positions.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was happy to see Tyler Badie make a play. As bad as the season was we ended on a good note and Wilson gave us hope the last two games.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was happy to see Tyler Badie make a play. As bad as the season was we ended on a good note and Wilson gave us hope the last two games.
Wilson and Jeudy :)