• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos sign Terrell Watson to Practice Squad

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now usually for a practice squad player I wouldn't make a thread but post it somewhere else. Really I could post this one in the good things thread as this kid has one of the more interesting stories in football in my opinion. As a kid he was left in a basket on his grandparents door step by his mother who decided she could no longer take care of him. As a kid growing up he was in special needs classes most of his life and if you don't know somebody who has that type of label that label sticks with you the rest of your life and people try to define you by it. Yet he didn't let any of that stop him from becoming the player that he became.

In 2014 he lead all college football in rushing yards with 2153.
Broke pretty much every rushing record at Azusa Pacific University and many even college football records.
Now you wouldn't think he would be this big just looking at him but he is 6'1" 242 lbs.
He ran a 4.51 in the 40 at that size.

Most likely never sees our roster but again just a great story of a kid that has overcome so much in his life to pursue his NFL dream.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great story - thanks Carl.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like to see him get a shot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean that the Broncos agree with DC that Bibbs needs to show better pass protection (or get replaced)?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I interviewed Watson for my site. Not sure he will last in the NFL, but he was a great small school college RB and I like to see him get a shot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean that the Broncos agree with DC that Bibbs needs to show better pass protection (or get replaced)?

Sorta, but if he makes plays like he did on the 69 yard TD catch he might see the field more. But he is an awful KR and terrible decision maker on bringing the kick out.

I am tired of having 3-4 KR's a year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta, but if he makes plays like he did on the 69 yard TD catch he might see the field more. But he is an awful KR and terrible decision maker on bringing the kick out.

I am tired of having 3-4 KR's a year.
I was just as dumbfounded as to those 3 in a row decisions by Bibbs to return those kicks as the rest. Just think we would of started three drives at 25 instead of 4.;) One thing I can't blame Bibbs for is the poor guy has been craving any touches in a game so kinda get the poor decision making. PS.just curious after interviewing Watson, what did you base that on as far as his "NFL " chances ? He certainly has the skills, size is no bonifide indicator nor is level of competition as we've definitely seen before. Was he smoking a joint or drinking a tall one during interview maybe? Just wondering why you based that summation on the kid. Curious.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thought Randy.

When you put a guy back there who has been on the roster a 3rd year in the row who hasn't hardly touched the ball that is sorta what you get.