• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos acquire Mark Sanchez from Philly

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it is funny reading that though, because my thoughts on Sanchez the past couple years have been identical.

I'm not trying to make it sound like I think Sanchez is some world beater. I understand he was available for a 7th round pick and heck probably would have been cut anyway. I also don't think though the Broncos brought him in to be the starter and even if he starts this year he is a 1-year type guy. Obviously not the best case scenario but they could also do much much worse.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to make it sound like I think Sanchez is some world beater. I understand he was available for a 7th round pick and heck probably would have been cut anyway. I also don't think though the Broncos brought him in to be the starter and even if he starts this year he is a 1-year type guy. Obviously not the best case scenario but they could also do much much worse.

I read this morning that it is believed that they plan on starting Sanchez and bragged how cheap they got him...
You know for the most part, you get what you pay for, he may win 5 games or so but he will collapse, make no mistake about it....He doesn't think well on his feet as they say....
I would think they would go after AJ McCarron in Cincy and coach him up for a shot at starter either now or mid season...He looked pretty good for Cincy once Dalton went down and some reps and a whole TC with the ones and he may be the real deal....
But the Butt Fumbler is not the guy for sure....:2cents:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this morning that it is believed that they plan on starting Sanchez and bragged how cheap they got him...
You know for the most part, you get what you pay for, he may win 5 games or so but he will collapse, make no mistake about it....He doesn't think well on his feet as they say....
I would think they would go after AJ McCarron in Cincy and coach him up for a shot at starter either now or mid season...He looked pretty good for Cincy once Dalton went down and some reps and a whole TC with the ones and he may be the real deal....
But the Butt Fumbler is not the guy for sure....:2cents:

Most in Denver have heard much different. He was brought in with a real shot to compete for the starter position but they still plan on adding at least 2 more QB's to the mix. Just have to see who else they add. We are still very early in the process so might as well wait and see what happens. If he starts I'm not going to be the happiest camper in the world but I also understand Kubiak has made a living out of getting the most out of a QB. So I will be at least a little hopeful. LIke I said though I still see at least 2 more QB's added and just have to see who they add.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most in Denver have heard much different. He was brought in with a real shot to compete for the starter position but they still plan on adding at least 2 more QB's to the mix. Just have to see who else they add. We are still very early in the process so might as well wait and see what happens. If he starts I'm not going to be the happiest camper in the world but I also understand Kubiak has made a living out of getting the most out of a QB. So I will be at least a little hopeful. LIke I said though I still see at least 2 more QB's added and just have to see who they add.

Maybe, but if he has 2 more that's 4 qb's under contract, and no real base for expectancy to win, he may as well have paid Oz...I think McCarron has as much upside as Oz did, would be a viable replacement....
Listening to Oz in Houston, said he felt they gave him the best chance to win....
What do you think of that ?....Maybe players don't like working for Elway ?????:noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but if he has 2 more that's 4 qb's under contract, and no real base for expectancy to win, he may as well have paid Oz...I think McCarron has as much upside as Oz did, would be a viable replacement....
Listening to Oz in Houston, said he felt they gave him the best chance to win....
What do you think of that ?....Maybe players don't like working for Elway ?????:noidea:

What I think of that is what do you expect a player to say? "Yeah I could have won more games staying in Denver but hey I am making a ton more money being here in Houston so that is good." Every player says that when they go to a new team.

As for players not wanting to play for Elway I don't think that is the case. I mean just look at our FA haul over the past 5 years. Every player that has signed with us has made the comment of "I couldn't believe I was talking to John Elway!" The Broncos are a lot like the Patriots though in they also don't lolligag around overpaying for players. They are very upfront of what they think the value is of the player and let them go and see if they can make more money elsewhere if that is what they choose.

As for 4 QB's every team carries 4 QB's to start the season. We were going to do that whether Oz was here or not. My guess is we sign one more veteran and then use a draft pick on a guy. All of that should still add up to less than Osweiler costs per year.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think of that is what do you expect a player to say? "Yeah I could have won more games staying in Denver but hey I am making a ton more money being here in Houston so that is good." Every player says that when they go to a new team.

As for players not wanting to play for Elway I don't think that is the case. I mean just look at our FA haul over the past 5 years. Every player that has signed with us has made the comment of "I couldn't believe I was talking to John Elway!" The Broncos are a lot like the Patriots though in they also don't lolligag around overpaying for players. They are very upfront of what they think the value is of the player and let them go and see if they can make more money elsewhere if that is what they choose.

As for 4 QB's every team carries 4 QB's to start the season. We were going to do that whether Oz was here or not. My guess is we sign one more veteran and then use a draft pick on a guy. All of that should still add up to less than Osweiler costs per year.

Not all teams, only ones who don't know who their qb will be or that has their guy injured...
And I don't think you can get a vet qb that's any good to come in without a contract to assure him he's staying a while....Bums ,yes, but they are not likely to all of a sudden become your leader to the big show....
I know you understand that they are in a bit of a pickle with the qb position now because they let their guy slip away....
Houston has a very good D also, so I'm not convinced Oz was just shining us on...The money was what 2 mil per ?
That's a lot to us but not when you're already talking 16 mil per.....It may cost them more in the long run and definitely more work and effort that all costs too...
Anyway, glad it's not our problem, see ya down the road !!!:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all teams, only ones who don't know who their qb will be or that has their guy injured...
And I don't think you can get a vet qb that's any good to come in without a contract to assure him he's staying a while....Bums ,yes, but they are not likely to all of a sudden become your leader to the big show....
I know you understand that they are in a bit of a pickle with the qb position now because they let their guy slip away....
Houston has a very good D also, so I'm not convinced Oz was just shining us on...The money was what 2 mil per ?
That's a lot to us but not when you're already talking 16 mil per.....It may cost them more in the long run and definitely more work and effort that all costs too...
Anyway, glad it's not our problem, see ya down the road !!!:D

Actually it ends up being $9 million more in his pocket over the next 2-years. With Texas not having income tax he ends up making a lot more to go to Houston. I think though it was a combo of things. He didn't like that he was benched for Peyton Manning. If he can't handle being benched though for a HOF QB when he was having a bad game in a must win game then to me that is not exactly what you want in your QB.

As for a Veteran they can bring in...Well from what I understand they are looking at guys like RGIII and a renegotiated Kaepernick down to about $8 million per year. So our QB position combined would be somewhere in the $12-14 million range. Kaepernick and RGIII both have more starting experience as does Sanchez than that of Osweiler. I have no idea how that will pan out but I have no idea how Osweiler will do either. We have seen plenty of QB's show some skills in a short stint to then fail miserably.

As for the QB position it is not ideal but no situation was going to be. Osweiler is just as much an unknown. I would have felt just as uneasy with him as our starter as any of the names I have mentioned or any of the draft QB's that we might bring in. I have no clue how any of them will do...So yes this could blow up in the Broncos face or it could end very well for them with already having a very good defense to help them out.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who knows what he was told too before he was pulled for Manning as well. If he was told the team was his, and felt he was lied to there, no problem with him not liking that.

Either way Brock was a price they couldn't afford I think. They obviously wanted him badly, raised their offer when Houston made theirs. But Hou has plenty of cap space to take that gamble.

Good job on Denver keeping CJ. Thought for sure Miami would have ballooned the early contract to make it a tougher pill for Denver to swallow. 675k salary and 1/4 of the signing bonus means about 2 mil in cap hit this year for them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well who knows what he was told too before he was pulled for Manning as well. If he was told the team was his, and felt he was lied to there, no problem with him not liking that.

Either way Brock was a price they couldn't afford I think. They obviously wanted him badly, raised their offer when Houston made theirs. But Hou has plenty of cap space to take that gamble.

Good job on Denver keeping CJ. Thought for sure Miami would have ballooned the early contract to make it a tougher pill for Denver to swallow. 675k salary and 1/4 of the signing bonus means about 2 mil in cap hit this year for them.
Yup cap hit year 1 is less than the 2nd round tender. Actually worked out well for Denver in locking up a player for less than most thought he should make this year

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to make it sound like I think Sanchez is some world beater. I understand he was available for a 7th round pick and heck probably would have been cut anyway.
Technically it was an 8th round pick since a pick in the following year has a round added on to its value. ;)

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it ends up being $9 million more in his pocket over the next 2-years. With Texas not having income tax he ends up making a lot more to go to Houston. I think though it was a combo of things. He didn't like that he was benched for Peyton Manning. If he can't handle being benched though for a HOF QB when he was having a bad game in a must win game then to me that is not exactly what you want in your QB.

As for a Veteran they can bring in...Well from what I understand they are looking at guys like RGIII and a renegotiated Kaepernick down to about $8 million per year. So our QB position combined would be somewhere in the $12-14 million range. Kaepernick and RGIII both have more starting experience as does Sanchez than that of Osweiler. I have no idea how that will pan out but I have no idea how Osweiler will do either. We have seen plenty of QB's show some skills in a short stint to then fail miserably.

As for the QB position it is not ideal but no situation was going to be. Osweiler is just as much an unknown. I would have felt just as uneasy with him as our starter as any of the names I have mentioned or any of the draft QB's that we might bring in. I have no clue how any of them will do...So yes this could blow up in the Broncos face or it could end very well for them with already having a very good defense to help them out.

One thing to say, RG-3 is a total waste of anything above $10.00, and Kap is a total roll of the dice...OK that's 2 things..:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to say, RG-3 is a total waste of anything above $10.00, and Kap is a total roll of the dice...OK that's 2 things..:D
I guess have to agree to disagree on some of this. I actually like RG3. I think his confidence is shot and needs maybe a year away from the game so maybe not best option for the Broncos this year but the talent is there to be successful. I do think he could thrive with a coach like Kubiak but just have to see what happens.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess have to agree to disagree on some of this. I actually like RG3. I think his confidence is shot and needs maybe a year away from the game so maybe not best option for the Broncos this year but the talent is there to be successful. I do think he could thrive with a coach like Kubiak but just have to see what happens.

It will be interesting to see if Kubiak's mentor gives him a good review or not.

The one worry I have with RGIII is after that rookie season, he looked less explosive as a runner. He'd bolt and get caught from behind a lot more often, and that has me wondering if his injuries have't cost him a lot of his skill. I agree his confidence is gone as well, he slipped into a lot of bad habits in the pocket too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if Kubiak's mentor gives him a good review or not.

The one worry I have with RGIII is after that rookie season, he looked less explosive as a runner. He'd bolt and get caught from behind a lot more often, and that has me wondering if his injuries have't cost him a lot of his skill. I agree his confidence is gone as well, he slipped into a lot of bad habits in the pocket too.

I started actually watching some of the slow motion video comparing him his rookie year to his 2nd and 3rd year in the league and it really showed a player struggling with his footwork. He started throwing everything off of his back foot when he was in the pocket compared to his rookie year where he was stepping into every single throw. Obviously throwing off your back foot leads to terrible consistency and a struggle with velocity. If he can get a coach to help him trust stepping into his throws again and trusting his knee to hold up I think he could get back to having some success. Running wise I agree his speed just seems gone. He still is a fast player but not the elite speed he showed his rookie year. Now maybe a year on the bench not taking any hits will help him with that.

I know that is a ton of question marks about the guy but to me his rookie year showed a guy that both running and passing has some major skills. If a team can get 90% of that then they could have a major steal of a player. It is why he entices me honestly more than Kaepernick but my guess is Kaepernick while not having the ceiling doesn't quite have the floor either of RG3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem like Sanchez will make the team. Denver save 4.5 mil and a 7th round pick once they cut him

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver was in a no lose situation here, either Sanchez played great and became the starter or he didn't and Denver isn't out anything.

With Philly not even keeping the draft pick it was just a salary dump for them but they still get nothing in return which makes me wonder how Elway was able to pull that off. "You let us rent Sanchez to see if we like him and if not you get nothing", seems really strange to me.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart on their part, will likely be able to pick up a vet for less and without any draft compensation next week to be their 3rd. Or their gameday 2nd stringer... The guy who's the backup in case of injury but Lynch is getting the job if they change the QB after a game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver was in a no lose situation here, either Sanchez played great and became the starter or he didn't and Denver isn't out anything.

With Philly not even keeping the draft pick it was just a salary dump for them but they still get nothing in return which makes me wonder how Elway was able to pull that off. "You let us rent Sanchez to see if we like him and if not you get nothing", seems really strange to me.

This kind of thing happens all the time. The Eagles knew that Sanchez was not going to be with the team. They already paid 2 guys quite a bit of money and were working on trying to trade up to get either Goff or Wentz at the time and we know now it was Wentz. So what they do is put out to teams that they are looking to dump Sanchez and the Broncos knew that they didn't want to compete with other teams for the services of Sanchez. So trade a conditional 7th to make sure you get him at the price you want him and if it works out then it works out for both teams and if it doesn't well no big deal they were going to cut him anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is truly an embarrassment for Sanchez to lose his job to a 7th round pick from the 2015 draft. His career should be done IMO