• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, this is my favorite Broncos draft in recent history. High character, tons of potential and damn good football players. I think there are some pretty awesome sleepers in the UDFA ranks as well. If a couple of our 2017 picks can rise up (Butt, Kelly, Henderson) and the 2018 selections live up to their billing, we could enjoy a much better 2018. Go Broncos!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need to have no news until August. Any news this time of year is usually bad.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now- Re-signing Kayvon Webster would be good news. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now- Re-signing Kayvon Webster would be good news. ;)

That wouldn't shock me one bit to see that happen. They still need more help on special teams and while Yiadom is a nice addition to the CB room it still needs some more depth in my opinion. He would have a real shot of competing for the 3rd CB on this team. Plus I know he spends a lot of his offseason with Bronco players still.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total guess at jersey numbers for the drafted rookies because it intrigues me unlike most who don’t care. J

A lot of these guys I think switch after cuts if they make the team.

Pure guess/best shot of what is available.

Bradley Chubb #55
Courtland Sutton #17 (Tough decision between 17 and 14 for him, came up with 17) McKenzie is now wearing #16 his college number so if he flops up punts this summer he could end up changing to 16.

Royce Freeman #36 but guessing he will change after cut. Might end up with #28 or something.

Isaac Yiadom- #37

Josey Jewell #41 (switches to #43 if Joseph Jones is cut)
Daesean Hamilton #84 (Might think he will go single digits like 14 or 17, or 11 if Henderson doesn’t make it, but for now I am gonna mark him down at 84. He feels like an old school WR to me so might choose an old school 80’s number.

Troy Fumagalli #85 (Switched to 81 after cuts)

Sam Jones #70

Keishawn Bierria #47

David Williams #40

Could have some street free agents cut after rookie camp too that would open up some more appealing numbers for these guys.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't shock me one bit to see that happen. They still need more help on special teams and while Yiadom is a nice addition to the CB room it still needs some more depth in my opinion. He would have a real shot of competing for the 3rd CB on this team. Plus I know he spends a lot of his offseason with Bronco players still.

He, TJ Ward and Duke Ihenacho and Omar Bolden are all very close to Bronco players inparticular Von Miller.

Kayvon wants to return to Denver. He just needs to be cleared medically before anyone can sign him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He, TJ Ward and Duke Ihenacho and Omar Bolden are all very close to Bronco players inparticular Von Miller.

Kayvon wants to return to Denver. He just needs to be cleared medically before anyone can sign him.

Ahh didn't realize he hadn't been cleared yet. Any idea how soon that will be?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure on that... Rams cut him because he had to have a second achilles surgery from last year and wanted to clear the money left on his final year since he signed a two year deal... He may have to start the season on the PUP. I'm not sure I have seen a player from a previous team sign a contract and start the season on his new teams PUP.. So if that is the case, I sort of wonder if he won't be signing until during the season?

Of course if he is cleared before then, then he could sign before the season and not start on the PUP... I haven't asked him much about his recovery just figure I would leave that one alone for now... Ill reach out to him later in the week to ask how that is going.

Achilles is a tough enough injury after one surgery... Two surgeries isn't good news for him. But you can recover well from them, it just takes a lot of time. Very time consuming injury.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very happy to see Kayvon back - downing King's punts - and breaking up passes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to make a note that Riley Dixon is the first of our 2016 draft to no longer be on the team. Our entire 2016 draft made the roster two years in a row.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was probably my least favorite Broncos draft at the time, after loving the Shane Ray pick it was all downhill from there.

Also remember, this was the draft class the year we won the Super Bowl. ;)

I think of pure letdown everytime I look at this draft. Ray and Garcia were really the only two that made me happy. You can usually make me happy with three DB's at least but even back then Doss and Nixon didn't do much for me and Furman never played DB in college, strictly special teamer.

2015 Draft

1 23 Shane Ray DE Missouri- Here (for how much longer?)
2 59 Ty Sambrailo T Colorado State (GONE)
3 92 Jeff Heuerman TE Ohio State (Here for how much longer)
4 133 Max Garcia C Florida (Here for how much longer)
5 164 Lorenzo Doss CB Tulane (GONE)
6 203 Darius Kilgo NT Maryland (GONE)
7 250 Trevor Siemian QB Northwestern (GONE)
7 251 Taurean Nixon DB Tulane (GONE)
7 252 Josh Furman DB Oklahoma State (GONE)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was probably my least favorite Broncos draft at the time, after loving the Shane Ray pick it was all downhill from there.

Also remember, this was the draft class the year we won the Super Bowl. ;)

I think of pure letdown everytime I look at this draft. Ray and Garcia were really the only two that made me happy. You can usually make me happy with three DB's at least but even back then Doss and Nixon didn't do much for me and Furman never played DB in college, strictly special teamer.

2015 Draft

1 23 Shane Ray DE Missouri- Here (for how much longer?)
2 59 Ty Sambrailo T Colorado State (GONE)
3 92 Jeff Heuerman TE Ohio State (Here for how much longer)
4 133 Max Garcia C Florida (Here for how much longer)
5 164 Lorenzo Doss CB Tulane (GONE)
6 203 Darius Kilgo NT Maryland (GONE)
7 250 Trevor Siemian QB Northwestern (GONE)
7 251 Taurean Nixon DB Tulane (GONE)
7 252 Josh Furman DB Oklahoma State (GONE)

That draft definitely destroyed an opportunity for this team to stay in the playoff hunt. Even Shane Ray hasn't been much to write home about so far and the rest well I'm just shaking my head in disappointment as I write this.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft definitely destroyed an opportunity for this team to stay in the playoff hunt. Even Shane Ray hasn't been much to write home about so far and the rest well I'm just shaking my head in disappointment as I write this.

Makes me want to vomit looking at it. ;)

I don't ever recall being so down about our day 2. I remember that was the first year I knew Nick and I would run to Hyvee for dollar pizza slice just to talk draft with him. We were both texting pouting on day 2 about those picks, depressing night for us and I am usually good about finding a way to be happy on draft day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me want to vomit looking at it. ;)

I don't ever recall being so down about our day 2. I remember that was the first year I knew Nick and I would run to Hyvee for dollar pizza slice just to talk draft with him. We were both texting pouting on day 2 about those picks, depressing night for us and I am usually good about finding a way to be happy on draft day.

Agreed. Nothing about that 2nd round gave me any hope of an improved team. I still wonder if Sambrailo could have stayed healthy if he would have turned into anything but even before the injuries his college tape wasn't anything that jumped off the page at you.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Nothing about that 2nd round gave me any hope of an improved team. I still wonder if Sambrailo could have stayed healthy if he would have turned into anything but even before the injuries his college tape wasn't anything that jumped off the page at you.

To think he was once considered a first round pick during the season too. I do think he is better then what we saw, but such a letdown taking him in the 2nd and Heuerman in the 3rd.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think he was once considered a first round pick during the season too. I do think he is better then what we saw, but such a letdown taking him in the 2nd and Heuerman in the 3rd.

I saw a stat the other day that when Kiper did his Big board in August before the season started only 10 of the 32 players he had as 1st round talent went actually in the 1st round. Always fun to see how those things play out a year later.

Just as a heads up he had Bradley Chubb as the 24th ranked player heading into the 2017 season. He had Landry and Key ranked in the top-10 as pass rushers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like Key had huge momentum going into last year and just fell on his face.

Landry is a one trick pony, but damn he doe that one trick sooooo well

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like Key had huge momentum going into last year and just fell on his face.

Landry is a one trick pony, but damn he doe that one trick sooooo well

Oh I understand why both were ranked up there. Lots of momentum for sure heading into the season but just shows how much can change from one year to the next. Bradley Chubb was the forgotten man in the race for top pass rusher yet showed that he was the one that could show consistent growth throughout college and became a top-5 pick. The others struggled to improve and one could argue even regressed/struggled off the field and boom land in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

I remember the draft before this one I just happened to catch a Forrest Lamp game against Alabama and was so impressed by the kid I had to watch more of him. Started hyping him up when at the time he was ranked like 500th on CBS' Big Board (shhh don't tell them I said that as they might not appreciate me speaking against my employer). I always laughed that on those mock draft games that you could play I could always get Forrest Lamp in the 7th round until like 2 weeks before the draft actually came around.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get this thread to 1,800 before we give up.