• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted as the Denver Broncos today with the 9th pick in the Lombardi Draft Group on Facebook. Here is what I have through three rounds.

1. Sam Darnold QB USC
Surprised Sam fell to the 9th pick. I know there are some rumors he may stay in school and he has had has an up and down year, but I still love the skill set. Great size. Good athlete. Arm to play in a multitude of schemes. Yes the arm motion is not prototype and he needs to clean up his base (consistency is key in his drops/footwork), but has plenty of zip and apparently a wiz on the whiteboard. Darnold has been under the spot light and seems to come up big in the biggest situations. He is playing behind a sub-par oline this year but doesn’t seem fazed by pressure in his face. He needs to learn what throws he can and can’t make and do better against zone, but he has the goods to be a franchise QB. NFL Teams love him, and if he comes out he will be a top 10 pick. It’s no surprise the Broncos need new talent and blood at QB with Siemian/Osweiler/Lynch failing to take the position, Darnold can come in day 1 as the undisputed starter going forward and grow as a starter in Mike McCoy’s pass heavy power blocking scheme.

2. Taven Bryan IDL Florida
Mini-JJ Watt? While that may be hyperbole, Taven Bryan has been one of my favorite players in this entire draft class. One of if not the best get off in this entire class for the IDL (him or Hurst), the 6’4" 290 lineman is built for a one gap 3-4 scheme and can play 3, 4, and 5 technique. He also has the power to play two gap, but where he is special is as a pass rusher. His game against TAMU was the most dominant from an IDL I have seen all season. Needs to work on leverage as he can get stood up and pushed back, but as weight room and film room warrior, wouldn’t be surprised if he turned into one of the better pass rushing defensive linemen in game. With Broncos defensive line coach, the legendary Bill Kollar, being a mountain man just like Taven (Kollar from Montana, Taven from Wyoming) and the Broncos struggling to generate interior pressure this year, Taven could end up a home run pick.

3. Brian O’Neill OT PITT
The starting left tackle of the Panthers is having a fantastic season in the ACC. Coming in as a freshman, he was a 6’6" 230 Lbs tight end who converted to tackle. Over the past two years, he has worked to transform his body and is now up to 300 Lbs. Last year playing RT, he tied for the top 2 (with Connor Williams) for pass blocking efficiency. A very smooth mover in space and a clean kick step. He has improved tremendously in his ability to target lbs at the second level as well in the pass game. He will need to continue to add strength at the next level, but O’Neill is one of the best athletes at OT there will be this season. (Bonus. He is used often in trick plays and has a lot of ‘fat guy TDs’ in trick plays). Denver needs work on the oline, and I would have like to have gone there sooner, but the talent didn’t just fall that way. Luckily one of my favorite OTs in the class fell here and at worst, starts as a swing tackle while he continues to add strength and technique for the tackle position. In a division w/ Justin Houston, Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, and Melvin Ingram, getting an athlete with length for right tackle is huge going forward.

3 (compensatory pick). Tyrell Crosby OG/OT Oregon
Crosby has been a monster on the offensive line for the Ducks for the past few years. At 6’5" 320, Crosby blasts open holes in the run game and can double down on tackles or wipe out edge rushers. While not the most fleet of foot in his kick step, Crosby plays with balance and length to handle the edge at tackle. However, I think where he projects best at the next level is guard. He has experience at guard at Oregon as well and has played well there, especially in the run game! He could test well at the Combine and rise up, but he just doesn’t look to have the foot speed to hang full time at tackle in the NFL. With the Broncos struggling at LG the past 3 years, Crosby offers the power and athleticism and frame to step in and compete at left guard Day one for the Broncos.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted as the Denver Broncos today with the 9th pick in the Lombardi Draft Group on Facebook. Here is what I have through three rounds.

1. Sam Darnold QB USC
Surprised Sam fell to the 9th pick. I know there are some rumors he may stay in school and he has had has an up and down year, but I still love the skill set. Great size. Good athlete. Arm to play in a multitude of schemes. Yes the arm motion is not prototype and he needs to clean up his base (consistency is key in his drops/footwork), but has plenty of zip and apparently a wiz on the whiteboard. Darnold has been under the spot light and seems to come up big in the biggest situations. He is playing behind a sub-par oline this year but doesn’t seem fazed by pressure in his face. He needs to learn what throws he can and can’t make and do better against zone, but he has the goods to be a franchise QB. NFL Teams love him, and if he comes out he will be a top 10 pick. It’s no surprise the Broncos need new talent and blood at QB with Siemian/Osweiler/Lynch failing to take the position, Darnold can come in day 1 as the undisputed starter going forward and grow as a starter in Mike McCoy’s pass heavy power blocking scheme.

2. Taven Bryan IDL Florida
Mini-JJ Watt? While that may be hyperbole, Taven Bryan has been one of my favorite players in this entire draft class. One of if not the best get off in this entire class for the IDL (him or Hurst), the 6’4" 290 lineman is built for a one gap 3-4 scheme and can play 3, 4, and 5 technique. He also has the power to play two gap, but where he is special is as a pass rusher. His game against TAMU was the most dominant from an IDL I have seen all season. Needs to work on leverage as he can get stood up and pushed back, but as weight room and film room warrior, wouldn’t be surprised if he turned into one of the better pass rushing defensive linemen in game. With Broncos defensive line coach, the legendary Bill Kollar, being a mountain man just like Taven (Kollar from Montana, Taven from Wyoming) and the Broncos struggling to generate interior pressure this year, Taven could end up a home run pick.

3. Brian O’Neill OT PITT
The starting left tackle of the Panthers is having a fantastic season in the ACC. Coming in as a freshman, he was a 6’6" 230 Lbs tight end who converted to tackle. Over the past two years, he has worked to transform his body and is now up to 300 Lbs. Last year playing RT, he tied for the top 2 (with Connor Williams) for pass blocking efficiency. A very smooth mover in space and a clean kick step. He has improved tremendously in his ability to target lbs at the second level as well in the pass game. He will need to continue to add strength at the next level, but O’Neill is one of the best athletes at OT there will be this season. (Bonus. He is used often in trick plays and has a lot of ‘fat guy TDs’ in trick plays). Denver needs work on the oline, and I would have like to have gone there sooner, but the talent didn’t just fall that way. Luckily one of my favorite OTs in the class fell here and at worst, starts as a swing tackle while he continues to add strength and technique for the tackle position. In a division w/ Justin Houston, Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, and Melvin Ingram, getting an athlete with length for right tackle is huge going forward.

3 (compensatory pick). Tyrell Crosby OG/OT Oregon
Crosby has been a monster on the offensive line for the Ducks for the past few years. At 6’5" 320, Crosby blasts open holes in the run game and can double down on tackles or wipe out edge rushers. While not the most fleet of foot in his kick step, Crosby plays with balance and length to handle the edge at tackle. However, I think where he projects best at the next level is guard. He has experience at guard at Oregon as well and has played well there, especially in the run game! He could test well at the Combine and rise up, but he just doesn’t look to have the foot speed to hang full time at tackle in the NFL. With the Broncos struggling at LG the past 3 years, Crosby offers the power and athleticism and frame to step in and compete at left guard Day one for the Broncos.

I'd love this draft (improbably good).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Rudolph or bust.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team is so bad I don't even know where to go lol

i will tell you after watching a lot of film, I'm a Sam Darnold truther now. lol

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTEP OG Will Hernandez. If we go OL early this is the guy I want.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Rudolph or bust.

I will quit watching the NFL if we take Darnold.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about Crash - he was often right. He certainly saw this coming way before I did.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw what coming?

Siemian and Lynch were suppose to be great! Elway was the best QB developer ever.

That?

Or is it the coaches fault because his players knelt for a game? That stopped Elway from making Siemian and Lynch pro bowlers?

Crash just needs to not be so extreme and be more realistic. Not take things so personal when people don't see things his way and he will be fine when he returns.

I am going to guess he is out trying to capture Alex Gibbs so he can bottle up his sweat and sprinkle it onto the field so all is good in Denver again.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Nebraska QB Tanner Lee may declare. I see a lot of hype but I don't buy in yet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold is starting to remind me of Sam Bradford. Only he can move a little better.

#StillonTheMasonRudolphTrain

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold is starting to remind me of Sam Bradford. Only he can move a little better.

#StillonTheMasonRudolphTrain
I like Rosen after yesterday too, but i doubt we get high enough for him.

Mayfield reminds me of Manziel now, as one reporter mentioned.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Baker Mayfield
He's a gamer and a winner . I bet our defense would feed off a QB Like that .

Don't really know what to make of the QBs who can't call their own plays and constantly look over to the sideline mid play clock to get the Audible . Watched Rudolph do this and it drove me nuts. Just ruins the whole flow of the game IMO
The two So Cal QBs look Pro ready

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm am one who likes Darnell over Rosen (by a wide margin).