• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Osweiler is Matt Flynn

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest risk is to not keep the defense intact as much as possible. We saw last year that that defense doesn't need great QB play in order to win.
A lot of the 'great defenses' were one hit wonders when it came to the Super Bowl so its hard to say but if that roster can sustain that level of play on defense then that is the top priority.

da2281

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Osweiler 6 ft 7 in 240 pounds, has a stronger arm, and is more athletic then Matt Flynn. Brock was drafted in the second round and Matt Flynn was drafted in the 7th round and has a weak arm and no mobility. Yes someone will over pay for Brock but comparing him to Matt Flynn is a joke. Without Brock the Broncos don't win the Super Bowl or would have even made it. I'll take Brock over RG!!!, Tannehill, and Bradford every day of the week.

Couldn't have said it better myself............PLEASE DENVER don't go out and get an RGIII!!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, talk about being at the right place at the right time and doing the right things. That is the real definition of luck. Both Oz and Flynn had premier games for the short time they had to make their moves.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is still in the NFL and I guarantee he will have a longer career. Next time don't try so hard. Peace.
My comparison of McGwire-Oswiler was based on YOUR comparison of Flynn-Oswiler.

Some people got it, you didn't. Didn't mean to russle. Peace

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, they're exactly the same.

Except for literally every single measurable favors Oz.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all is said and done, I think Brock's career will be closer to Matt Cassel than Matt Flynn.

Is there really a difference between the two?

As far as Osweiler goes, my current nickname for him is Kyle Orton Jr. He's got a lot of work to do to shed that nickname from my point of view. Until he proves he's better, he shouldn't be getting big money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there really a difference between the two?

As far as Osweiler goes, my current nickname for him is Kyle Orton Jr. He's got a lot of work to do to shed that nickname from my point of view. Until he proves he's better, he shouldn't be getting big money.

Do the Broncos have any choice but to be the highest bidder? They have the last pick in the draft, what are they going to do? Trade for Kaep or RG3? I don't think so. So they'll end up paying big bucks for a QB they still have questions about. They best cross their fingers for good luck.:D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all is said and done, I think Brock's career will be closer to Matt Cassel than Matt Flynn.
Has any team signed Matt Flynn?

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Broncos have any choice but to be the highest bidder? They have the last pick in the draft, what are they going to do? Trade for Kaep or RG3? I don't think so. So they'll end up paying big bucks for a QB they still have questions about. They best cross their fingers for good luck.:D

I said he shouldn't get big money, not wouldn't. And that's where I think the Flynn comparison is justifiable. If Brock gets big money and flames out, that would certainly make him Matt Flynn 2.0.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any team signed Matt Flynn?
Not yet but him and clipboard Jesus ( Whitehurst ) sure seem to get blessed with these contracts that make you go
I said he shouldn't get big money, not wouldn't. And that's where I think the Flynn comparison is justifiable. If Brock gets big money and flames out, that would certainly make him Matt Flynn 2.0.
Well he's going to get paid way more then Flynn ever did, think Kolb may be a closer comparison.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's going to get paid way more then Flynn ever did, think Kolb may be a closer comparison.

I think a Kolb comparison only happens if Osweiler gets shut down because of concussions. Kolb had a chance to be something, but NFL defenses played with his brain the way a kitten plays with a ball of yarn. As opposed to Flynn, who just sucks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Kolb comparison only happens if Osweiler gets shut down because of concussions. Kolb had a chance to be something, but NFL defenses played with his brain the way a kitten plays with a ball of yarn. As opposed to Flynn, who just sucks.

Never felt Kolb could of been good myself, always seemed scared in games I watched him in, course the OL he played behind was terrible ( with the Cards), so there's that.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they do. Trevor Siemian, cheaper free agents, and drafting a QB are all alternatives. Pretty sure Elway noticed last year that a very good defense is perfectly capable of making up for a mediocre offense. I think it's less than 50/50 that Oz plays for Denver this season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do. Trevor Siemian, cheaper free agents, and drafting a QB are all alternatives. Pretty sure Elway noticed last year that a very good defense is perfectly capable of making up for a mediocre offense. I think it's less than 50/50 that Oz plays for Denver this season.

Less then 50/50? See that's a Bronco fan who doesn't really believe in Oz, I don't really blame you, I don't believe in him either. However it's a lead pipe cinch that he'll be a Bronco next year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less then 50/50? See that's a Bronco fan who doesn't really believe in Oz, I don't really blame you, I don't believe in him either. However it's a lead pipe cinch that he'll be a Bronco next year.

LOL You can make up shit about "lead pipe cinches", but that only shows your ignorance about how Elway runs the team. He has already said that this "won't be Brock's big contract" (i.e., if he signs with Denver).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL You can make up shit about "lead pipe cinches", but that only shows your ignorance about how Elway runs the team. He has already said that this "won't be Brock's big contract" (i.e., if he signs with Denver).
I swore off making wagers, but this really makes me want to make a wager. How about we see how this turns out and who ever is right gets to say....see I told you so!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swore off making wagers, but this really makes me want to make a wager. How about we see how this turns out and who ever is right gets to say....see I told you so!

Right about what? You claim it's a 100% chance that Oz signs in Denver. My claim is that it's less than a 50% chance that he signs in Denver, because I think another team is going to offer him more than what Elway's prepared to pay.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right about what? You claim it's a 100% chance that Oz signs in Denver. My claim is that it's less than a 50% chance that he signs in Denver, because I think another team is going to offer him more than what Elway's prepared to pay.

Well Elway is prepared to pay plenty for Oz.:dhd: The Broncos who are SuperBowl champs are not going with some shrub at QB next year ( OK some may argue Oz is a shrub, but he's a well known shrub. You know a name, with unknown potential). Oz will get resign the only question is for how much.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Elway is prepared to pay plenty for Oz.:dhd: The Broncos who are SuperBowl champs are not going with some shrub at QB next year. Oz will get resign the only question is for how much.

I don't know what you mean by "plenty", but if some team offers something close to what Cousins or Bradford just signed, then I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.

Your posts above suggest that you "hope" Denver overpays for Oz, but if you're also claiming to know that they will, then you're simply making shit up.

Here is what Elway has said:

“I think as a quarterback, and I tell you looking it as a quarterback and not looking at it as Brock, and I’m not looking at it from being a G.M. of the Broncos,” Elway said. “But if I look at Brock Osweiler, if I’m in his shoes, I look at a place where I could be successful and in a system that fits me. And I will tell you this now, and I’m putting on my G.M. hat, I think we do have a system that fits Brock very well. So for Brock to have continued success, I don’t think will be, this won’t be his big contract, but this will be a contract where he’ll be able to make very good money and be able to prove himself that could lead to that next big contract.”