• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring back Marty

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Marty may also motivate the team and Schneider may benefit with some more time with Marty

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils need someone to clear the zone. Clearly that's not the dmen. Marty has always been able to fill that role.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kinkaid has been fine backing Cory up. In fact, there were games he played as good if not better.

I like Marty but the last thing this team needs is him back.

Goaltender is the least of this team's problems right now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinkaid has been fine backing Cory up. In fact, there were games he played as good if not better.

I like Marty but the last thing this team needs is him back.

Goaltender is the least of this team's problems right now.

Do you believe that Kinkaid is the future goaltender of the Devils tho? Unless he is the future, I don't see any reason to keep him on the team over Marty.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty getting win #700 with the Devils > anything Keith Kinkaid will ever do for the Devils

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do you believe that Kinkaid is the future goaltender of the Devils tho? Unless he is the future, I don't see any reason to keep him on the team over Marty.

I don't know if Kinkaid is the goalie of the future. I do know Marty is not the goalie of the future.
If this was a movie, then yes, it would be great to have Marty back. I think we all wish that Marty would play his last games with the Devils, but after the split up this summer, I don't see it happening.

We don't even know if he wants to be back in NJ. I saw something about the Blues offering him a management position. Who knows what he is thinking.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He retired today. Accepted a front office position with the Blues. I guess he would be available if Elliot or Allen were to get injured. Really sad though. Marty can still play and he should. Either somewhere other than St. Louis, or preferably, here in NJ as the back-up. No reason not to continue his quest for 700 victories. This whole situation is very strange.:scratch:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He retired today. Accepted a front office position with the Blues. I guess he would be available if Elliot or Allen were to get injured. Really sad though. Marty can still play and he should. Either somewhere other than St. Louis, or preferably, here in NJ as the back-up. No reason not to continue his quest for 700 victories. This whole situation is very strange.:scratch:

Statement said he is helping St Louis for the rest of the year (presumably with Allen their young goalie) and will return to the Devils in a front office position next year

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First order of business, Tarasenko, Shattenkirk and Oshie for Clowe, Bryce and a conditional 6th rounder. Marty says it's legit.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't there a rule out there that if you retire, you aren't allowed to rejoin a team for a couple years?

I thought that was why players usually officially retire a year or two after they play just in the small chance they can get picked up by a team again.

Either way, on nhl.com they had this to say which kinda makes sense of the situation:

"Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said Tuesday he spoke to both Brodeur and Blues GM Doug Armstrong about Brodeur taking a front-office job with the Blues and that he supported the move. Lamoriello said he expects the job to be for the rest of the season and that Brodeur is welcome to rejoin the Devils in a front-office role at any time after that.

"He could have come here if he wanted," Lamoriello told NJ Advance Media. "I don't think this is a case of him choosing (between the two organizations). He's been there with the players. The (Blues) players and administration asked him to stay. He had an impact in the dressing room.""