• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bridgestone Invitational

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger underwhelmed at even par.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really...no mention of Justin Thomas? Did I stumble onto the ESPN site?

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some unbelievable drives...seems like they had to leave their short game in the bag to make room for the boom stick.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job by Justin Thomas & great resolve by Johnson to finish tied for 3rd after struggling in the 1st two rds. Just think - both of these guys missed the cut in the British Open. Just shows that anything is possible from week to week. BTW - is anyone noticing how poorly Spieth has done this year outside of the British Open & The Masters? Hopefully he picks it up this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job by Justin Thomas & great resolve by Johnson to finish tied for 3rd after struggling in the 1st two rds. Just think - both of these guys missed the cut in the British Open. Just shows that anything is possible from week to week. BTW - is anyone noticing how poorly Spieth has done this year outside of the British Open & The Masters? Hopefully he picks it up this week.

The British was a bit weird...especially early. Everyone expected a blood bath and it was anything but so anyone that started slow out the gates was going to struggle to make the cut...That was the case for DJ, tried to bring it back on day 2, but needed an under par round and didn't it. JT started well enough but ran into a buzz saw on day two.

Spieth...oh yeah, I've noticed...I wouldn't call it a choke, but his final round at Carnoustie had to be hard to swallow. Hard to say what's going on with his putting. He went from maybe the best clutch putter on the planet to being shaky over even the shortest of putts. IMO, he's never going to be the longest driver of the ball so I wouldn't invest a great deal of time trying to match his buddy Justin in that department.

The way I'm seeing this and I've said it before...it's extremely difficult to play at a tournament winning level for long stretches...even Justin Thomas had a lull after a fast start. Rory is trying to get back to that dominating form and it's just not happening.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The British was a bit weird...especially early. Everyone expected a blood bath and it was anything but so anyone that started slow out the gates was going to struggle to make the cut...That was the case for DJ, tried to bring it back on day 2, but needed an under par round and didn't it. JT started well enough but ran into a buzz saw on day two.

Spieth...oh yeah, I've noticed...I wouldn't call it a choke, but his final round at Carnoustie had to be hard to swallow. Hard to say what's going on with his putting. He went from maybe the best clutch putter on the planet to being shaky over even the shortest of putts. IMO, he's never going to be the longest driver of the ball so I wouldn't invest a great deal of time trying to match his buddy Justin in that department.

The way I'm seeing this and I've said it before...it's extremely difficult to play at a tournament winning level for long stretches...even Justin Thomas had a lull after a fast start. Rory is trying to get back to that dominating form and it's just not happening.

I could make the argument that it's not the players that have to change ..it's us.
In an effort to create drama for ratings they try to brain wash you into thinking that so & so is not playing well because of this or that. The reality is they are not winning because it's golf.

Success has to be measured on a much longer timeline in golf.

Jordon Spieth is 25 and has all the majors but 1 .....and it's like he had nervous breakdown the way people talk about him.

Rory has 4 majors at 29 and it's the same deal ..for him the say the he does not want it bad enough. The most top 10 in majors in the last 8 years or so say he is trying hard to me.

Think about how great Phil's career has been. He did not win his first major till he was 34.

And for some prescriptive ... 3 majors is a lock for the HOF and puts you in a tie for 10th for the most majors all time.

And what really drive me nuts is the guy who should get a lot more heat and gets none is Ricky Fowler.
And it kills me to say that because I love the guy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could make the argument that it's not the players that have to change ..it's us.
In an effort to create drama for ratings they try to brain wash you into thinking that so & so is not playing well because of this or that. The reality is they are not winning because it's golf.

Success has to be measured on a much longer timeline in golf.

Jordon Spieth is 25 and has all the majors but 1 .....and it's like he had nervous breakdown the way people talk about him.

Rory has 4 majors at 29 and it's the same deal ..for him the say the he does not want it bad enough. The most top 10 in majors in the last 8 years or so say he is trying hard to me.

Think about how great Phil's career has been. He did not win his first major till he was 34.

And for some prescriptive ... 3 majors is a lock for the HOF and puts you in a tie for 10th for the most majors all time.

And what really drive me nuts is the guy who should get a lot more heat and gets none is Ricky Fowler.
And it kills me to say that because I love the guy.

Agree...I think not just Tiger, but VJ, Phil set a standard so high that it's not really a standard but a pinnacle in a career.

In terms of whether they care enough or not is way overstated. Pros want trophies, especially major trophies, but they need money and that's why they play...once you've made enough money that money no longer matters it's human nature to lighten up a little. Doesn't mean they don't care, but other things like a family and sharing the success with them take on a much bigger meaning.

That didn't exists for guys like Byron Nelson who had to grind most of their careers.