• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Stewart

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumoured new DB's coach.. former Maryland DC that left his position today

Was Cowboys DC when they were good too

CORCH RILEY FOR GOAT YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a great DB coach for us, sure feels like a short term solution, then again which coaching position isn't these days

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone already put it down in Wikipedia he is the current coach at Nebraska.

After reading how the Maryland terrapins deteriorated the last two years, my vote is no thanks.

He is not the guy I want training/coaching these pretty darn good defensive back recruits that are coming in.

Gave likes to Corntrain and Irule as they had goose eggs prior.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's coached DBs in college and NFL, was DC in both college and NFL, so the experience is there for a good coach.

as corn train said, seems like a short term solution

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumoured new DB's coach.. former Maryland DC that left his position today

Was Cowboys DC when they were good too

CORCH RILEY FOR GOAT YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Yes good get but will he be here next year. #revolvingdoorpositionatNU

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be an intriguing hire, decent coaching acumen... worries about recruiting. But it seems that Riley requires a lot of effort from his staff as far as recruiting goes. Also would get us into that Maryland/DC area where there's a lot of talent.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Stewart as a DC. He did really good things here during his first year. The 2013 defense took a step back, but there were a lot of missed games because of injuries. Last years defense was bad despite returning the majority of the starters. That was very disappointing. I expected much better things defensively.

I believe recruiting was one of the big reasons why he and the Terps parted ways. His name was really never tied to any recruits. I don't know how much effort he put in recruiting wise, but doesn't seem like it was enough.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll preface this first by saying I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I remember this guy mostly because he was run out of town after our 2008 season. It seemed to me that he was either not fit for DC or worse, rode someone's coattails up to that position and got exposed. Left and went to the Eagles, after the great Jim Johnson passed away and took over as DB coach/DC assistant. I won't put that debacle all on him as losing JJ was going to have a negative effect on team regardless. He went to Houston as an assistant in 2010, they turned in a terrible year, 4th most points allowed in league. Wade Phillips came in in 2011, called plays and that defense improved to 4th fewest points allowed. After that, he fell off my radar, but looking at where he went, it seems his opportunities are dwindling the more he coaches. Which brings me back to whether he was just not fit for DC, or if he assended to to DC in the NFL off someone else. I'm not aware that there was any negative chemestry at any of the stops, but something raises a red flag when you look at his timeline.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems ok recruiting is the only question I worry about

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Sumlin was the head coach of Houston in 2010 and 2011 when Stewart was at Houston as the DC.

Why didn't Sumlin take Stewart with him to A&M? 2011 was a very good year for Houston Cougars. The SOS was something like 104 out of 120 schools though.

Stewart was fair at Dallas Cowboys,(13-3, 9-7) but as noted above, was run out of town.

2012 Maryland was ranked 21st in defense
2013 Maryland was ranked 44th in defense
2014 Maryland was ranked 93rd in defense (Is Big Ten play that much better than ACC play)

In 2014-2015 Maryland extended 31 offers to defensive backs, one committed.

There had to be someone better out there.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guise let's just do like we do with all of our hires and pretend he's a Werld beater.

It's just easier that way.

aqwk68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like I do at work. Everyone gets the same chance. They need to show me if they are truly good or not.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to make $400,000. Not a bad gig to have in a low cost of living city like Lincoln, NE.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but this is a terrible hire. If I'm a DB I look at his resume, he has bounced around so much it's almost a little bit creepy.

I guess Riley did what he had to do. I hope he knows he can't trust this guy as far as he can throw him.

I'm saying he's here two years tops. How are the new DB's supposed to feel? I'd be fuckin pissed.

Obviously this is all because of Warren's insincerity. He had some guys really counting on him.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but this is a terrible hire. If I'm a DB I look at his resume, he has bounced around so much it's almost a little bit creepy.

I guess Riley did what he had to do. I hope he knows he can't trust this guy as far as he can throw him.

I'm saying he's here two years tops. How are the new DB's supposed to feel? I'd be fuckin pissed.

Obviously this is all because of Warren's insincerity. He had some guys really counting on him.
I don't know...from the sound of things this coaching staff is different. I heard on the radio that the first 2 nights he was in Lincoln, he had dinner with Riley. Said that he had never had dinner with the head coach at any of his previous stops. Riley seems to really want to build loyalty and I'm hopeful that the staff will stick around (if they perform, that is). Also, how many college programs can say they have a former NFL DC as a position coach?