• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Sabean also headed to Cooperstown HOF

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking about Bochy going to the HOF but that conversation needs to include Brian Sabean who put together this group of players . He picked up players like Burrell, Ross,Scutaro, Peavy, and Ishikawa to fill out key roles late in the year on each of those Championship teams. Sabean took a lot of heat for the Matt Williams trade and proved he was no idiot. He has three rings and should have 1 more from that 2002 season.

He simply is a HOF GM and should go in soon after he retires. I wrote a article about him earlier in the year and it all panned out so here is his song I promised to play.

:suds::clap:

on youtube...

The Outfield -Winning it All

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, dude, I love Sabean as much as anyone, but only 4 GMs are in the Hall and they were all major innovators not just good GMs:

ESPN.com: MLB - Only four GMs in Hall of Fame

From the link:

"George Weiss

All told, from 1936 through 1964 teams built by Weiss claimed 22 of 29 AL titles and sixteen World Series. Perhaps as an act of penance, Weiss finished his career as GM of the expansion New York Mets. He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1971."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So by my calculations, Sabes will be qualified by 2040.

:yahoo:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sabean doesn't deserve the hall simply for the fact that he traded away Zach Wheeler. Yes, I'm still bitter about that one. :gaah:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, dude, I love Sabean as much as anyone, but only 4 GMs are in the Hall and they were all major innovators not just good GMs:

ESPN.com: MLB - Only four GMs in Hall of Fame

Perhaps the criteria should change. Players need to be exceptional at their jobs to get in; they don't need to be innovators. Perhaps the same standard should be applied to execs. I do agree, however, that the Hall should be oriented toward players more so than executives.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the criteria should change. Players need to be exceptional at their jobs to get in; they don't need to be innovators. Perhaps the same standard should be applied to execs. I do agree, however, that the Hall should be oriented toward players more so than executives.

In other words, leave it as it is... :noidea:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, leave it as it is... :noidea:

No, if the standard for execs is that they had to be innovators, not just outstanding at their jobs, as I thought you were suggesting, then perhaps that needs to change. I believe it should be more oriented toward players, yes, but that will be the case anyway since there are so many more players than execs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, if the standard for execs is that they had to be innovators, not just outstanding at their jobs, as I thought you were suggesting, then perhaps that needs to change. I believe it should be more oriented toward players, yes, but that will be the case anyway since there are so many more players than execs.

I think the Hall has it right, it's not for executives, so to make it as an executive you have to REALLY stand out. You wouldn't want to put in every GM who wins a few titles.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hall has it right, it's not for executives, so to make it as an executive you have to REALLY stand out. You wouldn't want to put in every GM who wins a few titles.

Agreed. And despite my obvious bias, when I think of Brian Sabean, I don't think of the Hall of Fame. I'm coming around on Bochy, but not Sabean.