• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Kelly: Doesn't know if ND can get into Playoff...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure either. This committee does not care for the Irish, as do many around the country. The hate for the Irish is as real as they say. I said this before; a respected ND team is an undefeated ND team. Once they lose, they are done. Look at FSU, what happened after that? Lost on the last play on a BS call and we dropped pretty good. I believe 90% of the committee are anti Irish.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure either. This committee does not care for the Irish, as do many around the country. The hate for the Irish is as real as they say. I said this before; a respected ND team is an undefeated ND team. Once they lose, they are done. Look at FSU, what happened after that? Lost on the last play on a BS call and we dropped pretty good. I believe 90% of the committee are anti Irish.
I agree Notre Dame loses on the road against the now #6 team in the Country Clemson... again on the road at night while it is pouring rain the whole time. The Irish lose by 2 and go down 9 spots.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Notre Dame loses on the road against the now #6 team in the Country Clemson... again on the road at night while it is pouring rain the whole time. The Irish lose by 2 and go down 9 spots.

Yup. Defense steps up, shuts them down. 4 TO for the offense, yet almost pull it out. Computers don't take that stuff into consideration, and neither will the committee when it comes to it.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Defense steps up, shuts them down. 4 TO for the offense, yet almost pull it out. Computers don't take that stuff into consideration, and neither will the committee when it comes to it.
Yeah, I mean all we can really do now is wait for the College Football Playoff Rankings... the AP hates us

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's OK, Brian Kelly thought it was a good idea to go for two when he was up by 11 late in the game against Northwestern last year. Thinking isn't always Kelly's strong suit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I never understood. Bama and Ole Miss who both got destroyed looks better then losing on the road and one of the hardest places to play at with a back up QB and lose by 2 and we fall big time. Makes no sense. Basically the polls are saying we Love the SEC and we don't care if they get blown out. Every one else if you lose u will fall.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Poll:

Week 4 Bama dropped 10
Week 6 Ole Miss -11
ND -9
Georgia -11
UCLA -13

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not be able to get into the playoffs but if they win out they will be in the hunt. I don't think many teams will be undefeated this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Poll:

Week 4 Bama dropped 10
Week 6 Ole Miss -11
ND -9
Georgia -11
UCLA -13
Yes but both teams should be ahead of ND. that is the thing. AP and Coaches are saying its ok to get blown out. All 3 teams have 1 Loss. ND loss was the last amount on the road. As of right now Clemson is the better team loss then the other 2 schools. So ND should be ahead.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not having a big win has hurt us. Ole Miss beat Bama and Bama beat Georgia. I think if we had a win over a ranked opponent it is possible we would not have been hit so hard. I am surprised we didn't take a bigger hit because I also believe there are strong biases for conference teams and against ND.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's clear that not being in a power 5 is hurting us more than helping us.

Figure, 2 teams at least from each of the 5, there's 10 already. Expand to maybe 3 per, that's 15.

Sure enough, I think Toledo and Boise State are the only non Power 5 in the AP at #24 and #25; and only Boise St. and Memphis in the Coaches at #24 and #25, with Temple and Houston taking those same spots in the CBS Sportsline 128. You can bet Independents like us as well as non Power 5's will have to be:

A: Unbeaten
B: A Win over a top 10 Ranked team, preferably over an Power 5 champ or runner-up
C: Fewer losses than a Power 5 Champ or Runner-Up
D: All or Any of the Above.

There's no way pollsters are going to allow any less than 2 representatives from each power 5 to be in the Top 20. With only 8 getting in, you really only have 3 spots to claw and scratch over. So a shuffle back to 15th or worse really puts you on the outside looking in. I don't agree that we should've lost 9 spots in comparison to losses, but it isn't out of the norm for this point in the season with lots of teams log-jammed at "sort of good, but we're not really sure yet", we'll have to see some conference matchups playout and we have to pretty much win out. We do that and I think with all the other in-conference matchups left with other high ranked teams we could be up to #8. But the Pac-12 is looking a li'l weaker on the rankings side, we'd need to beat both USC and Stanford to have the best shot I think but that'd also put 2 losses on each of them. Do we expect, UCLA, Utah, Oregon, Arizona, ASU and Cal to all have 3 losses or more? Otherwise we likely don't beat the Pac-12 champs which might make our schedule strength weaker. Clemson winning the ACC would help us, it would knock FSU back in the rankings and make our loss look less sinister, I know, 2 points is so sinister in that game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's clear that not being in a power 5 is hurting us more than helping us.

Figure, 2 teams at least from each of the 5, there's 10 already. Expand to maybe 3 per, that's 15.

Sure enough, I think Toledo and Boise State are the only non Power 5 in the AP at #24 and #25; and only Boise St. and Memphis in the Coaches at #24 and #25, with Temple and Houston taking those same spots in the CBS Sportsline 128. You can bet Independents like us as well as non Power 5's will have to be:

A: Unbeaten
B: A Win over a top 10 Ranked team, preferably over an Power 5 champ or runner-up
C: Fewer losses than a Power 5 Champ or Runner-Up
D: All or Any of the Above.

There's no way pollsters are going to allow any less than 2 representatives from each power 5 to be in the Top 20. With only 8 getting in, you really only have 3 spots to claw and scratch over. So a shuffle back to 15th or worse really puts you on the outside looking in. I don't agree that we should've lost 9 spots in comparison to losses, but it isn't out of the norm for this point in the season with lots of teams log-jammed at "sort of good, but we're not really sure yet", we'll have to see some conference matchups playout and we have to pretty much win out. We do that and I think with all the other in-conference matchups left with other high ranked teams we could be up to #8. But the Pac-12 is looking a li'l weaker on the rankings side, we'd need to beat both USC and Stanford to have the best shot I think but that'd also put 2 losses on each of them. Do we expect, UCLA, Utah, Oregon, Arizona, ASU and Cal to all have 3 losses or more? Otherwise we likely don't beat the Pac-12 champs which might make our schedule strength weaker. Clemson winning the ACC would help us, it would knock FSU back in the rankings and make our loss look less sinister, I know, 2 points is so sinister in that game.

The good thing for us beating Stanford and USC doesn't change their standing in the Pac12 so they could beat everyone else left on their schedule and we would still have to good wins.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to root for SC is almost unimaginable. Hopefully we can accomplish everything we need in the Pac12 by Stanford winning out in their league games.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really do need SC and Stanford to win every game they have remaining, except the game vs us.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly is trying to keep it low key, no bulletin board material.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

I feel like Kelly has had an all business attitude this season. This is the most talented team we've had sine the Lou days. Kelly knows this, and he knows he needs results.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I think running the table, with quality wins against USC and Stanford, assuming they both keep winning, would put ND right in the thick of things for the playoff. This is especially true if USC or Stanford win the PAC.

The biggest thing I think is hurting them now is the lack of a quality win. But, that's not on ND. It's unfortunate that Texas and GT are where they are at the moment.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching SC play Washington. I know I should want SC to win. Go Huskies. (I just can't do it)

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching SC play Washington. I know I should want SC to win. Go Huskies. (I just can't do it)

I'm happy, I know I shouldn't be, but I can't help it.