• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brett Favre says he is not fearing Lambeau Field boos

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre says he is not afraid of getting booed when he returns to Lambeau Field.

The former Green Bay Packers quarterback, in an interview Monday on ESPN 1000 in Chicago, said he isn't concerned about receiving a negative reaction when he finally comes back to be honored by the team for which he played 16 seasons and led to two Super Bowl appearances.

Favre's former Packers teammate and close friend during their playing days, tight end Mark Chmura, recently told ESPNWisconsin.com that Favre backed out of an appearance last season at Lambeau Field for fear of being booed.

"I've heard that was a concern of mine, and I'm here to tell you I'm not," Favre said Monday. "I'm not worried about that. I'm well aware that you can't please everyone. Not everyone's going to like you regardless, and you know what, so be it. But I think the 16 years that I had in Green Bay speaks for itself.

Source: ESPN

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd call Chewie a close friend. At one point they were great drinking buddies, then Chumura got a little frisky with young girls in a hot tub and Favre didn't stick up for him and he was pissed. I think there's been a grudge ever since

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pop a couple Vicodins and drink a few Budweisers...nobody's gonna pick ya off from the stands.:happy:

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In spite of what people may think -- and I really don't pay attention to what people are saying -- I just know the facts, and the facts are that I feel like the relationship is a good relationship," Favre said.

I think this my favorite quote from the article. So, he doesn't care what fans think, and he doesn't care what they say, but he knows that it's a fact that he has a good relationship with the fans. That's a very self-centered attitude if you ask me. But then again, what's new?

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In spite of what people may think -- and I really don't pay attention to what people are saying -- I just know the facts, and the facts are that I feel like the relationship is a good relationship," Favre said.

I think this my favorite quote from the article. So, he doesn't care what fans think, and he doesn't care what they say, but he knows that it's a fact that he has a good relationship with the fans. That's a very self-centered attitude if you ask me. But then again, what's new?

How is it self-centered?

He shouldn't care what fans think....no athlete should care what fans think. I really think that fans are starting to put themselves up on a pedestal and feel like athletes should have some sort of requirement to kiss the rear ends of fans. I get the whole "fans pay your salary" thing...but really...they're not politicians (who SHOULD care what voters think, but do not about 95% of the time.) They're athletes. If you start doing things to pander to fans, I think that's when problems start.

I really don't think Favre is concerned about the potential booing. Fans who would boo him are morons...and Favre truly should not give a damn what that group of people think.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing he's not worried about the boos cause he sure has them coming.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Re-read what he said. ".... and the facts are that I feel like the relationship is a good relationship.

He's not saying that the facts are the relationship is good.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it self-centered?

He shouldn't care what fans think....no athlete should care what fans think. I really think that fans are starting to put themselves up on a pedestal and feel like athletes should have some sort of requirement to kiss the rear ends of fans. I get the whole "fans pay your salary" thing...but really...they're not politicians (who SHOULD care what voters think, but do not about 95% of the time.) They're athletes. If you start doing things to pander to fans, I think that's when problems start.

I really don't think Favre is concerned about the potential booing. Fans who would boo him are morons...and Favre truly should not give a damn what that group of people think.

:clap:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Brett Favre and am not even a packer fan and I wouldnt boo him. he is a legend of your franchise. he is one the mount everest of this franchise

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-read what he said. ".... and the facts are that I feel like the relationship is a good relationship.

He's not saying that the facts are the relationship is good.

My point is he's wrong when it comes to a large part of the fan base. And while it's true that he doesn't have to care what we think, it's weird to think he's that out of touch to just think everything is just peachy keen with the Packers fan base. Many have forgiven him, yet many have not, so the isn't all that good.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be cheering, and I thought he was a giant asshole the way he handled things when he left. It didn't concern me other than being a fan. It wasn't me personally that was involved, it was between Favre and the front office. I was over that a long time ago.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I see things:

He will be forever remembered for turning this franchise around and helping them win again. He will always be forever remembered for trying to stick it to the franchise after they moved on from him holding them hostage. I will love Favre for what he did but I also hate that he wore purple. He is one of the franchise's greatest ever but he ruined his chance to be the clear cut favorite.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing he's not worried about the boos cause he sure has them coming.

I sure hope not. Been a Packer backer my whole life and Brett Favre is the definition of heart, determination, will, etc. he is a Packer for life.