• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brent Venables

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, WVU was missing half their offensive stars most notably the QB, two receivers and their best offensive lineman. Maybe try and watch a game. Meanwhile your 14 team conference has had exactly one team win a playoff game. Not sure why you are trying to talk shit when the ACC relies on Clemson to make them relevant. Which they don’t because one team doesn’t make a conference relevant.

So wouldn't that also be the case with the Big12 this year? You have OU and maybe, just maybe Texas. Also posting an obligatory giphy from the game.
:suds:

ZZO4Gsj.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve been touting Baylor as some offensive juggernaut, and they scored a whopping 29.5 ppg. Hell, that sucks even by SEC offensive standards.

Gaining yards and not scoring is not great offense no matter how you slice it.

Baylor finished better than 9 teams in total offense by ncaa or 64%+ of the SEC. Any other stupid comments you wish to make?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wouldn't that also be the case with the Big12 this year? You have OU and maybe, just maybe Texas. Also posting an obligatory giphy from the game.
:suds:

ZZO4Gsj.gif

NO, any other stupid questions?

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor finished better than 9 teams in total offense by ncaa or 64%+ of the SEC. Any other stupid comments you wish to make?
EH total Offense against bad defenses means nothing. Scoring Offense and yards per play is what matters. Efficiency is key.

Baylor was 62nd in yards per play a year ago.

Since you brought up the SEC. 9 SEC teams were rated better in yards per play than Baylor

Alabama
Georgia
Missouri
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Florida
Vanderbilt
Miss State

Baylor was 40th in total Offensive Efficiency

The SEC had 8 teams rated better in Offensive Efficiency.

Then we have scoring Offense.

Baylor was 68th in Scoring Offense.

The SEC had 10 teams rated better in that department.

Your comments are the stupid ones in this discussion.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep going back to yards. Baylor’s offense was good enough to score 29.5 ppg. That sucks. Period.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EH total Offense against bad defenses means nothing. Scoring Offense and yards per play is what matters. Efficiency is key.

Since you brought up the SEC. 9 SEC teams were rated better in yards per play than Baylor

Alabama
Georgia
Missouri
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Florida
Vanderbilt
Miss State

I just don’t get why he stubbornly holds onto this notion that Baylor’s offense was anything better than mediocre.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama
Georgia
Missouri
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Florida
Vanderbilt
Miss State

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus Christ you’re stupid. You literally are crying about bad defenses yet it’s cute how the SEC had more yards per game (lol) while playing one extra shit G5. You want to claim defense superiority here yet it’s not close to the same comparison.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus Christ you’re stupid. You literally are crying about bad defenses yet it’s cute how the SEC had more yards per game (lol) while playing one extra shit G5. You want to claim defense superiority here yet it’s not close to the same comparison.
Look at you try to spin it now. SEC had more teams with better Offenses against better defenses than your one example which was Baylor. It shows how weak they were. Continue to spin that if you like but it is comical to me that Baylor is your measuring stick.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at you try to spin it now. SEC had more teams with better Offenses against better defenses than your one example which was Baylor. It shows how weak they were. Continue to spin that if you like but it is comical to me that Baylor is your measuring stick.

I’m not spinning shit. If you go by proportion the SEC did not havemore offenses that were better you simple fuck. Of course the SEc had more offenses ranked because they have more teams and play one extra shit OOC G5. Baylor is not the measuring stick, you could have used Half the B12 as a measuring stick. But you don’t, you only use Baylor.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t need too. Continue pretending the ACC has good offenses though
Oh no buddy, don't change things around. This is all about your sentiment on conferences "Not sure why you are trying to talk shit when the ACC relies on Clemson to make them relevant."

So tell me in taking your words above and looking at the Big12, outside of OU (jury is still out on Texas), how is the Big12 any different? I mean shit, at least another ACC team that is a dumpster fire right now made the playoffs. I have to call this out as I am tired of hearing the ACC is top heavy when in fact the argument could be made for at least the Big12 if not for other conferences.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no buddy, don't change things around. This is all about your sentiment on conferences "Not sure why you are trying to talk shit when the ACC relies on Clemson to make them relevant. Which they don’t because one team doesn’t make a conference relevant."

So tell me in taking your words above and looking at the Big12, outside of OU (jury is still out on Texas), how is the Big12 any different? I mean shit, at least another ACC team that is a dumpster fire right now made the playoffs. And no, I am not saying the ACC is strong right now.

The B12 isn’t different. The argument is they have good offenses and terrible defenses. The ACC has good defenses and terrible offenses. That’s why I’m saying it not some magical idea of why Venables has had more success at Clemson then he did at OU. An I think Venables is a fantastic d coordinator.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B12 isn’t different. The argument is they have good offenses and terrible defenses. The ACC has good defenses and terrible offenses. That’s why I’m saying it not some magical idea of why Venables has had more success at Clemson then he did at OU. An I think Venables is a fantastic d coordinator.
Ok cool - just wanted to make sure we are on the same page. :suds:

Edit: Outside of Clemson, I think you are going to see 'Cuse continually have a decent offense over the years but that is just me.