• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

brenden morrow signs in tampa

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day in the lightning off season just we you thought Steve yzerman was done he signs Brenden morrow. The lightning are scary good right now no doubt!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing but do we have enough room for all these forwards?

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Filppula-Callahan
Morrow-Johnson-Kucherov/Connolly
Brown-Boyle-Panik

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Filppula-Callahan
Brown-Boyle-Panik

I think the plan is put kucherov in the ahl with vladdy for next season. Kucherov is still a little raw needs to play 1st line mins with vladdy in the ahl.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the plan is put kucherov in the ahl with vladdy for next season. Kucherov is still a little raw needs to play 1st line mins with vladdy in the ahl.

Yeah that could very well be the case.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day in the lightning off season just we you thought Steve yzerman was done he signs Brenden morrow. The lightning are scary good right now no doubt!

There's a good mix of veterans and youth on that team.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these will be the lines against the Panthers October 9th:

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Morrow-Drouin-Connolly
Brown-Boyle-Panik

Extra: Paradis

Hedman-Stralman
Carle-Garrison
Brewer-Gudas

Extras : Sustr & Barberio

Bishop
Nabokov

The top 2 lines started the playoffs last year, I think they'll be together again. I think Drouin will start off on the 3rd line as they ease him into the NHL level, pair him with a vet gritty forward in Morrow who will do all the dirty work and just maybe Drouin can playmaking ability may get the best out of Brett Connolly. Boyle did sign in Tampa for a "bigger role" but with the depth we have down the middle of the ice I can't see him being more than a 4th line Center. By the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson and Drouin have swapped spots and same with Killorn and Palat.

That 13th forward spot will be an interesting camp battle, I think it will be a physical forward it just depends if Yzerman and Cooper settle on a more experienced player in Blunden or goes for something younger in Paradis or Smith. I also think Paquette and Kunyk will fight for that 13th forward spot but both could use more time in the AHL. In the end I think Paradis will win that spot, he's a copper sort of guy and has been a fan favourite in the AHL, hit's everything in sight and willing drop the gloves.

I think newly acquired Stralman will get paired with Hedman. 2 Swede's, one place a reliable, physical stay-at-home game and the other is a puckmover and who can jump in on the play, their game's go hand in hand. I think they will look at keeping Gudas and Carle together but they need to lower Gudas minutes so they pair Gudas with Brewer and move Garrison into the top 4 with to pair with Carle.

#Is it October yet?????????

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cup run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy would have made the playoffs much more interesting for Tampa and he would be the biggest reason for a optimism. I just don't see Morrow contributing that much. His age and his record over the last few years say that he he'll add a goal here or there, but he's not going to put them over the top.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny your lineup is ok except Kucherov will replace either Brown, Connolly, or Panik. Kuch will have a breakout season like Palat did last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny your lineup is ok except Kucherov will replace either Brown, Connolly, or Panik. Kuch will have a breakout season like Palat did last year.

Kucherov is no doubt a talented player but I think he'll be in the minors as Todd said, he'll be play with Vladdy on the top line in Syracuse. Connolly, Panik and Brown would all have to clear waivers if they were sent down, that isn't the case with Kucherov. Plus his skillset/game doesn't replicate a 3rd or 4th line player, Connolly was a high skill player and still is but has developed into a nice two-way player, Brown is a gritty, speedy forward who is reliable and kills penalties and Panik is a speedy, power forward who gets in the fore-check and hits. Kucherov is arguably a better player than all 3 of those guys mentioned but his game isn't ideally suited to a bottom 6/4th line role so give him time in the minors to become a better and more complete player.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov is no doubt a talented player but I think he'll be in the minors as Todd said, he'll be play with Vladdy on the top line in Syracuse. Connolly, Panik and Brown would all have to clear waivers if they were sent down, that isn't the case with Kucherov. Plus his skillset/game doesn't replicate a 3rd or 4th line player, Connolly was a high skill player and still is but has developed into a nice two-way player, Brown is a gritty, speedy forward who is reliable and kills penalties and Panik is a speedy, power forward who gets in the fore-check and hits. Kucherov is arguably a better player than all 3 of those guys mentioned but his game isn't ideally suited to a bottom 6/4th line role so give him time in the minors to become a better and more complete player.
yes that's not a bad idea at all put kucherov in the ahl with vladdy let them get playing time. then when injuries hit we got options to call them up.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov signed a one-way contract. Connolly a two-way.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov signed a one-way contract. Connolly a two-way.

Kucherov is still on his entry level deal so it's essentially a two-way contract and if he were to be sent down he wouldn't need to go through waivers. Connolly signed a two-way deal but because he's off his entry level deal, if he were to be sent down, he would have to be put on waivers.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov is still on his entry level deal so it's essentially a two-way contract and if he were to be sent down he wouldn't need to go through waivers. Connolly signed a two-way deal but because he's off his entry level deal, if he were to be sent down, he would have to be put on waivers.

Yes right on just for us to get under the cap sustr and kucherov will be sent down at least for a day. Those two cannot go to waivers! Connolly would have to go on waivers so would panik so there locks to make the team.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes right on just for us to get under the cap sustr and kucherov will be sent down at least for a day. Those two cannot go to waivers! Connolly would have to go on waivers so would panik so there locks to make the team.

Well when they put on Ohlund on IR, won't we then being under the cap?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when they put on Ohlund on IR, won't we then being under the cap?

Yes on October first but we can only be 10 percent over the camp before October 1st. We have to be within cap rules by October 1st. So for a day you could see sustr and kucherov go down.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubster you will be a Lightning fan by the end of next year. I was a Bruin fan in the days of Orr, Esposito, Hodge and Cashman.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy would have made the playoffs much more interesting for Tampa and he would be the biggest reason for a optimism. I just don't see Morrow contributing that much. His age and his record over the last few years say that he he'll add a goal here or there, but he's not going to put them over the top.

:agree: I totally agree with the above statement. I really think he's a Bolt only for leadership. I don't see him as being quick or flashy anymore. Kind of a has been on playing the sport but his leadership may turn out to be a repeat of of our past Cup win to the likes of Andreychuk & Dinger! Those 2 weren't the greatest either but they brought inspiration to what was back than another young team! :yahoo:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Filppula-Callahan
Brown-Boyle-Panik

In my opinion, I still don't see that Panik belongs on any line. I just have a gut feeling about this kid that isn't good. I do hope for the Bolt's sake that I am dead wrong but I just don't see him amounting to much in the NHL on any team!