• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breakout players for next year

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV MetroNews ? WVU receivers: Can they get their swagger back?

Galloway was proven right. A point shared by some of us on this board last off-season, production improves from year 1 to year 2 in this offense.

I expect to see Gibson make a huge leap this year. Maybe they'll move Smallwood to permanent slot. The backfield is crowded. He does not have the speed of Austin, but he has more size than a guy like Jock Sanders with similar speed.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smallwoods versatility gives us the opportunity to change formations without subbing...since Howard and Crest can run hope to see more movement in this direction.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smallwoods versatility gives us the opportunity to change formations without subbing...since Howard and Crest can run hope to see more movement in this direction.

Not sure how much movement we'll see… but, I was happy to see a glimpse of the future with both the limited play of Crest against Towson… and, the bigger exposure to Howard late in the season.

Against Towson, Crest ran some zone read… and we later saw Howard do the same. Not always effectively with Howard. Like we saw against ISU and A&M… there was a little bit of QB power too.

With Crook, the OL is not just using zone blocking skills… we are starting to see traps, power…. with different guys up front pulling.

This development is one of the reasons I really like Dana… he is not so stubborn and stuck in pursuit of proving the Air Raid… that he won't evolve and adapt.