• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: Brady to stay in Jail, sentence not overturned

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Up

NO Hall of Fame

#forevertarnished*

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really not even an issue IMO. It was a ridiculous request with little merit from the beginning from both a legal and common sense perspective. Be accountable, take your medicine and move on. don't make this define your legacy when you are a great player. I hope he bows out, takes his suspension and then says the issue is over and "no comments" his way through the next months (years?) of questions on the topic.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really not even an issue IMO. It was a ridiculous request with little merit from the beginning from both a legal and common sense perspective. Be accountable, take your medicine and move on. don't make this define your legacy when you are a great player. I hope he bows out, takes his suspension and then says the issue is over and "no comments" his way through the next months (years?) of questions on the topic.
I'll bet he appeals to the Supreme Court. I doubt they hear it, though.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've revised my earlier predictions based on this......

I think he'll be suspended......

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all I have read, the main issue being contested is whether Goodell should have the power to just arbitrarily suspend whoever for whatever. The problem is that the player's union allowed Goodell to put that in the CBA.

So, as far as I can see, the players just have to eat the shit and grin through it.

Until time for the next CBA to be negotiated.

And, after what Goodell has done with that power, I can promise you that no way in hell does the player;s union agree to that ever again.

We could end up with a future labor dispute in the NFL just over Goodell's abuse of power if he refuses to budge in the next CBA negotiations.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to

So i will

Cool, we're staying near the Sands Bethlehem. In fact, why don't you just take her, and I'll swing by your place for the weekend? Keep an eye on things, and all that.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all I have read, the main issue being contested is whether Goodell should have the power to just arbitrarily suspend whoever for whatever. The problem is that the player's union allowed Goodell to put that in the CBA.

So, as far as I can see, the players just have to eat the shit and grin through it.

Until time for the next CBA to be negotiated.

And, after what Goodell has done with that power, I can promise you that no way in hell does the player;s union agree to that ever again.

We could end up with a future labor dispute in the NFL just over Goodell's abuse of power if he refuses to budge in the next CBA negotiations.
Here's the thing, though: if the players want to get that, they'll have to give something back to the NFL. Are they willing to take a smaller percentage of revenues to get that? Or are they willing to go to an 18 game season? They can't expect the owners to just give something up without giving up something in return.

Unless...

They are seriously willing to go on strike to get it. But based on past negotiations, that seems unlikely. Too many guys need that paycheck to go through a long strike. That's why the owners win basically every time there's a new CBA.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to my last post....

if it came to that, I think the owners would tell Goodell to give up some of that power. The owners aren't going to risk a labor dispute and losing money simply to feed Roger Goodell's ego.

In the next CBA, I fully expect there to be a five person committee or some such determining these suspensions.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree about another labor dispute. But, I kinda get why he feels like he has to have this power. His primary job is to protect the Money for the owners. Any boneheaded stuff done by players that could jeopardize that Money, he's going to act swiftly.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet he appeals to the Supreme Court. I doubt they hear it, though.

God I hope not. With all of the other problems in the world today they don't need to be wasting their time on this type of nonsense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Tom *Brady and his apologists.