• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon Edwards playing time

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why is he getting limited playing time so far in the preseason games?

To me he's a clear cut starter. He should be getting all the playing time with the #1 offense, and then cycle Morgan and Ginn on the other side.

This, and also Snyder's playing time at C, just baffles me.

Unless the coaching staff thinks that when the regular season game comes along in two weeks Edwards and Goodwin will be fine, so they have the luxury now of being able to experiment?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were trying to get him to learn the new system but he dropped the playbook.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To me he's a clear cut starter. He should be getting all the playing time with the #1 offense, and then cycle Morgan and Ginn on the other side.

Unless the coaching staff thinks that when the regular season game comes along in two weeks Edwards and Goodwin will be fine, so they have the luxury now of being able to experiment?

Edwards might receive ssome suspension because of some off field issues. The coaching staff needs to be ready just in case he does get suspended. With Crabtree injured and not sure if he can go in the season opener, the coaching staff is making sure both Ginn and Morgan can be effective starters just in case

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Britt, talib and haynesworth all not getting suspended then neither should braylon.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Britt, talib and haynesworth all not getting suspended then neither should braylon.

Better prepare for all scenarios. Just because those players did not get suspended, it does not guarantee Edwards won't get suspended as well... Remember how fast the Niners get slapped with tampering a few years ago and yet, they were "asked" to drop the charges against another team for the Crabtree hold out?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It seems like Goodell is taking longer than usual to go through these cases.
Maybe he's swamped with a bunch of other crap to do since it's a shortened offseason?

He's definitely pardoning those other 3: Britt, Talib, Haynesworth. Didn't Talib and Haynesworth actually plead guilty to crimes?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better prepare for all scenarios. Just because those players did not get suspended, it does not guarantee Edwards won't get suspended as well... Remember how fast the Niners get slapped with tampering a few years ago and yet, they were "asked" to drop the charges against another team for the Crabtree hold out?

Good points, i would be shocked though. Didnt Talib have something to do with a gun or something?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
weren't there articles saying Ginn has played WELL and has earned the playing time?

all other points are valid to various degrees, just adding to it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib hasn't had a trial yet. So you can't assume he is guilty and suspend him now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib hasn't had a trial yet. So you can't assume he is guilty and suspend him now.

Not to draw too much into this because gun charges and alleged r*pe are different things (plus I know nothing about Talib's case), but Roethlisberger never had a trial and he was suspended even when the charges were dropped. Pryor is suspended despite not having been a member of the NFL at the time (though I see this as negotiation, not punishment - they let him enter in this year instead of next year if he agreed to suspension (?))

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I heard from the announcers is that they already know Edwards and Crabs are the starters and they are trying to decide whos the 3 between Ginn and Morgan so those 2 have gotten the majority of playing time

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I heard from the announcers is that they already know Edwards and Crabs are the starters and they are trying to decide whos the 3 between Ginn and Morgan so those 2 have gotten the majority of playing time

That would make the most sense to me. Since Edwards is the best overall WR on the team, he should certainly be starting.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That would make the most sense to me. Since Edwards is the best overall WR on the team, he should certainly be starting.

This is great to evaluate your #3, but I hope when the regular season arrives there's good chemistry between Alex, Edwards, and Crabtree.
I'm worried about that chemistry.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is great to evaluate your #3, but I hope when the regular season arrives there's good chemistry between Alex, Edwards, and Crabtree.
I'm worried about that chemistry.

I share your concern with the Crabtree element. At least Alex, Colin and Braylon have been practicing, so there is a solid foundation established between the three of them.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I would've been crazy excited about our passing attack if it weren't for our OL ruining my dreams..... I rue you OL, rue you!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know, I would've been crazy excited about our passing attack if it weren't for our OL ruining my dreams..... I rue you OL, rue you!

It is sooooooo frustrating to STILL be dealing with that problem!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It looks like Goodell is handing out a free pass for players that got themselves in recent troubles so I'm leaning on Edwards possibly escaping suspension at least for now. I mean if Britt and Talib aren't getting suspended for now I can't see why Braylon would too.

Braylon will be in the starting lineup eventually and my guess is Harbaugh wants to send a message to the team your status and contract don't matter the best guy plays.

Ginn was further along with the offense and was their working out even in the informal gatherings so my guess is Harbaugh wanted to give Ginn every chance to lose the job instead of saying thanks for the hard work but on paper this guy is better than you.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Alright Goodwin is officially the starting center! Thank god the Adam Snyder Center Experiment is over!

I don't even want Adam Snyder to be the backup center. We need a young guy grooming behind Goodwin. Maybe this Beeler kid, I haven't heard anything about him in a while. Or Killgore.